Bills have hardest remaining schedule per FPI ESPN

Cson76

9 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

some truth since we are in the AFC East (with Pats twice) and face the AFC West and NFC west. But I think SOS based on last season's rankings is a little misleading. SFO, Jets, Pats, even Broncos and Chargers may not be  as strong as last season.

But the raiders and cardinals are stronger 

Not surprising, the AFC and NFC West are both arguably the the most stacked divisions in their respective conferences. 7 of the 8 are realistic playoff teams. Add in two with N.E., the Titans and Steelers and that is 11 of 14 slugfests. 

38 minutes ago, eball said:

Bring it on.  I’m tired of the “tough schedule” talk.  The Bills will be favored in nearly all of their games.  Time to get the job done.

I think we will be favoured slightly more than not but a lot of the betting lines in Bills games are going to be very tight all year. Where we are favoured except for Jets, Dolphins and probably the Broncos it will be relatively narrow and where we are dogs likewise except KC. 

It is a tough schedule. There are Bills teams of the past that would have gone 3-13 against this sort of opposition. Luckily the Bills are good. We are going to be in close games a lot this year and not like the week 1 and 2 close games that on the scoreboard are close but in reality were massaged by late TDs against vanilla prevent defense.  

40 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think we will be favoured slightly more than not but a lot of the betting lines in Bills games are going to be very tight all year. Where we are favoured except for Jets, Dolphins and probably the Broncos it will be relatively narrow and where we are dogs likewise except KC. 

It is a tough schedule. There are Bills teams of the past that would have gone 3-13 against this sort of opposition. Luckily the Bills are good. We are going to be in close games a lot this year and not like the week 1 and 2 close games that on the scoreboard are close but in reality were massaged by late TDs against vanilla prevent defense.  

I agree the lines will be tight.

19 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

For all the chatter last year about the Bills feasting on weaker teams, that narrative significantly changes this year if they win the division as they will have beaten a number of playoff contenders. 

Taking down the Rams is a step in the right direction!

Yup. They have a real opportunity to prove the talent on paper is good enough. Was the #2 defense because of the schedule and low scoring games that did not produce a lot of yards? Or is this defense closer to the #12th they were in takeaways last year? The difference this year is the offense can and should be able to win games.  A few timely takeaways would help though.  That is why I harp on the pass rush. 

18 hours ago, HOUSE said:

When the season is over ESPN will say Buffalo had the easiest schedule OR most of the opposing teams did not play well.

You know, same ol junk every year....

bored yawn GIF by Matt Cutshall

The media loves winners. Brady and Patriots were winners and we lost to them all the time.  Winners generate ratings or sucking so bad in a large market like NYC that it creates drama and controversy.  Nobody cares about losers especially in a small market. If the Bills keep winning the media will praise them. The media loved Buffalo in the 90's and if they keep winning they will continue to do so. 

19 hours ago, billieve420 said:

Tougher the better want to see how this team measures up against the top teams. It is valuable to Allen and his development.

I agree completely, we really need to see Allen against good teams and see if this team is real or not.

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

The media loves winners. Brady and Patriots were winners and we lost to them all the time.  Winners generate ratings or sucking so bad in a large market like NYC that it creates drama and controversy.  Nobody cares about losers especially in a small market. If the Bills keep winning the media will praise them. The media loved Buffalo in the 90's and if they keep winning they will continue to do so. 

They loved them to a point. They never wanted to see them in a superbowl again. 

On 9/25/2020 at 2:44 PM, GunnerBill said:

The schedule is tough but two games that look to have got decidedly easier based on injuries are Denver and San Fran. 

I think the Bills will beat the Raiders so if they can win this week, get three out of 4 the rest of the way in the division and beat the beaten up Broncos and 9ers that is 9 wins. They would need 1 more to be guaranteed a playoff spot and that might well also be enough for a home game. So while it is tough there are multiple routes to 10+ wins.

IN current circumstances, a home game for playoff would mean the TV studio is the stadium in Buffalo.  So, doesn't matter if they are at home in that circumstance.  And, the rumor is the playoff teams will be "in a bubble" ala NBA and NHL.

1 minute ago, bigK14094 said:

IN current circumstances, a home game for playoff would mean the TV studio is the stadium in Buffalo.  So, doesn't matter if they are at home in that circumstance.  And, the rumor is the playoff teams will be "in a bubble" ala NBA and NHL.

What relevance is the TV studio?

On 9/25/2020 at 7:47 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Well I meant the rest of the season. 

I think you are not giving the bills enough credit.  They are a challenge/one of the tougher games for all those teams you think will be favored.  Many of the home games they will be favored or close to even on.  The bills are one of the better teams in the league today.   Why are the Steelers going to be favored in Buffalo?   It is a tough schedule no doubt but they can beat most of these teams.