Today in Bills History (2011.09.25)

WhoTom

LOVE this game.  At the end, when they realized they had lost, the true character of the Cheatriot Way showed through.  On the one inch line, the Cheats let off a string of personal fouls and cheap penalties, trying to get the Bills to bite.  We didn't take the bait, just laughing in their cheating faces.  The Cheats showed that day the punks they truly were.  Thank you Fitz, for peeling back the curtain on the Cheats shabby facade.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

My in-laws were visiting us that week. My FIL is a fair-weather fan - the first mistake in a game and he says, "Looks like the Bills are gonna lose again!" - so when they visit during football season, my wife tries to get them out of the house on Sundays so I can watch the games in peace. They got back from their day trip sometime during the late game. My wife glanced at the TV, saw the ticker with the final score from the Bills game, and did a double-take. I just smiled and said, "Yup!"

Edited by WhoTom
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

LOVE this game.  At the end, when they realized they had lost, the true character of the Cheatriot Way showed through.  On the one inch line, the Cheats let off a string of personal fouls and cheap penalties, trying to get the Bills to bite.  We didn't take the bait, just laughing in their cheating faces.  The Cheats showed that day the punks they truly were.  Thank you Fitz, for peeling back the curtain on the Cheats shabby facade.

Did the Patriots do that? Actually I dont recall BUT lets be honest, it isn't a bad strategy...unethical and underhanded but I can see the logic of trying that.

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I got a cramp in my finger scrolling all the way down that page. WHAT?! No video? No game footage??😲

Ill have my physical therapist send you the bill.😡

Maybe Robert Kraft can hook you up with a good finger masseuse.

This was the game I went to that year as annual trek to Buffalo w/ my brother and our sons to take my Dad to a game.  For Christmas that year I gave him the SI cover framed,, with a picure of us at the game inset.  It hangs proudly on his wall.

image.jpeg.13eebf529255b4b7c818ae6c8b0da2ae.jpeg

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Did the Patriots do that? Actually I dont recall BUT lets be honest, it isn't a bad strategy...unethical and underhanded but I can see the logic of trying that.

Yes, the Cheats did that.  It was the one thing that I always remember from that game, how those punks acted at the end.  No class at all.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, TUBSTER said:

What a memorable year, starting off 4-0 and looking like a great team then finishing 2-10 through the last 12 games if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, I remember it going something like that too. The Pats game was awesome, and it’s still our biggest win against them in over a decade. It also makes me so appreciative for what this team is in 2020. The SI cover and the 4-0 start was fun, but I never trusted that it meant a thing. In 2020 this 2-0 start with a franchise QB, real head coach, and a good defense feels real. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I remember watching that game and being elated but still the Bills had to get 4 picks and toss the ball all over the place on the Pats defense just to walk off with a field goal. It was a great win but it made me realize just how much better the Pats were. However last season while this team lost to the Pats twice it was in a pair of games that could have gone either way. Insane to think that this organization in just 4 short years has put it together to the point where they can legitimately go toe to toe if not be favored over the Pats?

As much as I love re living this game, it's also taught me to never trust a hot start by the bills. I was confident after this game the bills would go 13-3 that season. I love what the bills are doing now and have alot more trust in McDermott and Beane vs Gailey and nix, but I've learned to keep my expectations at a dull roar 

• Like (+1) 3