Ryan Fitzpatrick: Hall of Famer? or First Ballot HoFer?

DrDawkinstein

Fitz  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ryan Fitzpatrick end up in the NFL HoF?

14 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Greatest non-franchise/journeyman QB...

Kurt Warner comes to mind.

Love Fitz though. His roast of Fred Jackson belongs in some type of HOF

Don't know if I would consider Warner a journeymen QB. Both the Rams and Cardinals based their franchises around him. Plus, I'm convinced if Warner would have gotten his chance earlier or had been younger instead of age 28 that he probably would have been with the Rams a lot longer. I also would say, if he didn't retire when he did then the Cardinals would have let him ride it out with them as long as he wanted since there wasn't any decline in his game

Besides the Bills who gave Fitz a big contract, no other team has ever built their franchise around Fitzpatrick. Fitz, has basically always been a bridge QB or or just the guy to play until the main QB took over but he has been productive. He has also played for 8 teams which is the definition of a journeymen QB

Two completely different players and two completely different situations if you ask me. I would never consider Warner a journeymen QB

55 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Well iirc he was originally a GB packer... then played for the Rams, Giants, and Cardinals.

Fits my description of a journeyman.

he was never officially on the Packers. He was basically just a camp guy. He never made it through one training camp with them. He played for 3 teams

• Like (+1) 2

Yet another year with another 15 Fitz threads? Can we please merge and pin? It’s the same relative topic for years: “Wow, he’s still not our QB by his own choosing, isn’t it grand that he’s still taking developmental snaps from possible future QBs? Let’s keep discussing how not our QB he is and how the Lombardi trophy doesn’t want to have a beer with him. Also he has facial hair, who knew? Let’s take a poll on your favorite follicle and where.”

84-A1-BE9-F-4256-48-E3-AFB9-0-CFCBA899-B

Fitzpatrick should get an award for highest standard deviation in his performances.

17 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Yet another year with another 15 Fitz threads? Can we please merge and pin? It’s the same relative topic for years: “Wow, he’s still not our QB by his own choosing, isn’t it grand that he’s still taking developmental snaps from possible future QBs? Let’s keep discussing how not our QB he is and how the Lombardi trophy doesn’t want to have a beer with him. Also he has facial hair, who knew? Let’s take a poll on your favorite follicle and where.”

84-A1-BE9-F-4256-48-E3-AFB9-0-CFCBA899-B

Did you know he plays with his wedding ring on?

On 9/25/2020 at 10:22 AM, Heavy Kevi said:

To me he's just as much the Cards QB who took a paycut to keep his receivers together.

And he took both teams to SB's. Not sure that makes Fitz' case. Well, maybe Fitzgerald.

1 Super Bowl win, 3 appearances and an NFL MVP make you far from a journeyman/ non franchise qb. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.