Ryan Fitzpatrick: Hall of Famer? or First Ballot HoFer?

DrDawkinstein

Fitz  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ryan Fitzpatrick end up in the NFL HoF?

Just got on. WHAT?  I love Fitz, but this is a joke right?  Kenny Anderson, Phil Simms, Boomer, and on and on and on.  Fitz is a great guy and if there was a HOF for a backup, yes!  You can name 20 guys who deserve the gold jacket ahead of him in the same position going back 70 years.

Anyway, as much as I’d give my right arm or maybe an extra pinkie for him as our backup before he retires, you know Miami will never let him go when Tua takes over whenever that is going to happen.

Fitz in the HOF, lol.

If by some miracle he lasts another 5 years and gets in the top 15 of passing yards all time then he has a shot, beyond that, give it up.  Testaverde and Carson Palmer are in the top 15 and arent in the HOF and both had greater NFL success than has Fitz.

Time for Bill fans to stop "adopting" Fitzpatrick as some kind of patron saint for the Bills, he has been on 7 other teams already and hasnt been on the Bills for 7 years..

7 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Fitz in the HOF, lol.

If by some miracle he lasts another 5 years and gets in the top 15 of passing yards all time then he has a shot, beyond that, give it up.  Testaverde and Carson Palmer are in the top 15 and arent in the HOF and both had greater NFL success than has Fitz.

Time for Bill fans to stop "adopting" Fitzpatrick as some kind of patron saint for the Bills, he has been on 7 other teams already and hasnt been on the Bills for 7 years..

So #3?

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Should Ryan Fitzpatrick be inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame when he is done with his career?

I say YES.

First, it's the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Stats, or Hall of Super Bowl Victories, or Hall of Franchise QBs.

Second, I'd argue that he is the Greatest non-Franchise/Journeyman QB in NFL history.

Third, folks say a good way of measuring worthiness is "If you were telling the Story of the NFL, would he be included?", and I say YES. When talking about this decade how could you not talk about the dude who has unseated and benched numerous 1st rd "Franchise" prospects?

Fourth, ok lets talk stats. Fitz just passed Troy Aikman, Steve Young, and Phil Simms on the All-time Passer list. He is 600 yards away from passing Tony Romo, and less than 2000 yards away from leap-frogging Jim Kelly. If he starts this entire season, he'll likely end up #26 on the all-time passing list.

He's a great dude, and a heck of a character.

The campaign starts here. FITZ FOR HALL OF FAME!

Interesting topic.  Fitz' certainly has the stats for the HOF.  I was watching the game a bit yesterday, and he is fun to watch.  The guy just doesn't give a sh*t & flings it wherever he feels like it.  He is brett Favre without the rocket for an arm.  But he has made it work.  The thing that is going to keep him out of there is he never played in a payoff game, that is a nail in the coffin for a QB in terms of making the HOF.

20 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Thurman Thomas? 

He just played for them part of a year at the very end of his career.  I don't imagine the Fish fans having the same love for TT.  The players I can think of that played for both are Hogan (WR), O'Leary (TE), Incognito (OG), Carpenter (K), now Shaq Lawson, Jordan Phillips....  Phillips and Incognito were well-liked here, but not necessarily there.  But neither rose to the level of affection that Fitzpatrick has attained.

Given rivalries its even tough to think of too many players that played in both Pittsburgh/Cleveland, Dallas/Washington, Dallas/Philly, Buffalo/NE  Pitt/Baltimore KC/Raiders, GB/Chicago that fit the concept.  Maybe Curtis Martin who was in NE and Jets.  Though he left NE before the Brady era took off, so he may not have the love there??

Maybe he is HOF material?

Edited by cage
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I might agree if I knew who Mick Foley was or cared.

Mick Foley was a professional wrestler, and quite possibly the toughest athlete to ever live, at least in terms of putting his body on the line, and performing through pain. There's a great documentary called "Beyond the Mat," that I think you can see on Netflix. Even if you're not at all a fan of pro wrestling (I'm not), it's a really good watch.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.