Ryan Fitzpatrick: Hall of Famer? or First Ballot HoFer?

DrDawkinstein

Fitz  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ryan Fitzpatrick end up in the NFL HoF?

18 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I misread the title and thought this was about the Bills Wall of Fame - and I still voted no.

The NFL HALL of Fame? C'mon. That's ridiculous! Some of you posters really need to get some perspective and balance your love of former players versus the reality of who/what they are/were.

Some of you posters need to get some perspective on a marketing arm of an entertainment business.

This isnt the Fed setting interest rates. This is basically arguing over which actors should have Academy Awards. It's just for fun. So let's have some fun.

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It's the Hall of FAME, not Hall of Stats.

It's merely another branch of Marketing for an entertainment business.

Put him in!

It will never happen.  Im guessing you’re just being sarcastic and pulling people’s leg.  He certainly did not transcend the game,  or anything else of note.  He’s a great interesting guy who’s been a backup more than a starter.

Dawk, you have to be kidding.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Some of you posters need to get some perspective on a marketing arm of an entertainment business.

This isnt the Fed setting interest rates. This is basically arguing over which actors should have Academy Awards. It's just for fun. So let's have some fun.

Tell me who, at any position, has made the Hall of Fame as a Career Backup and occasional Bridge QB simply because he's "famous"?

I'm all for "having fun" and debating points. But there has to be some merit to it. To use your analogy, you're arguing why you think Rob Schneider should have an Academy Award. 

So now that Fitz is hanging them up I have two questions.

Who takes his place as capable starting QB in the NFL who jumps around from team to team? Don't know that there is one currently but maybe Minshew can become that guy now that he has left the Jaguars. Jacoby Brissett has a shot. Especially if Watson gets a major suspension.

Who is the current equivalent of Fitz at any other position in the league?

14 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Tell me who, at any position, has made the Hall of Fame as a Career Backup and occasional Bridge QB simply because he's "famous"?

I'm all for "having fun" and debating points. But there has to be some merit to it. To use your analogy, you're arguing why you think Rob Schneider should have an Academy Award. 

Have you never seen Deuce Bigelow?

On 9/25/2020 at 10:15 AM, Heavy Kevi said:

Greatest non-franchise/journeyman QB...

Kurt Warner comes to mind.

Love Fitz though. His roast of Fred Jackson belongs in some type of HOF

Warner was only a journeyman until he stepped onto the field.  Once there he proved he was among the best in the NFL.  Fitz was never that.

12 minutes ago, Buffalosouth said:

Perfect wonderlick 

Perfect beard

Perfect high pitched girly scream

No doubt.

Perfect shirtless flexing at the Bills-Patriots playoff game in the crowd with the fans in 2 degree temps

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.