Ryan Fitzpatrick: Hall of Famer? or First Ballot HoFer?

DrDawkinstein

Fitz  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ryan Fitzpatrick end up in the NFL HoF?

On 9/25/2020 at 7:14 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

Should Ryan Fitzpatrick be inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame when he is done with his career?

I say YES.

First, it's the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Stats, or Hall of Super Bowl Victories, or Hall of Franchise QBs.

Second, I'd argue that he is the Greatest non-Franchise/Journeyman QB in NFL history.

Third, folks say a good way of measuring worthiness is "If you were telling the Story of the NFL, would he be included?", and I say YES. When talking about this decade how could you not talk about the dude who has unseated and benched numerous 1st rd "Franchise" prospects?

Fourth, ok lets talk stats. Fitz just passed Troy Aikman, Steve Young, and Phil Simms on the All-time Passer list. He is 600 yards away from passing Tony Romo, and less than 2000 yards away from leap-frogging Jim Kelly. If he starts this entire season, he'll likely end up #26 on the all-time passing list.

He's a great dude, and a heck of a character.

The campaign starts here. FITZ FOR HALL OF FAME!

You already had the discussion and I just said my peace.  Not much else to say.  I just hope you aren’t disappointed when he never makes it to the voting semi finals.  Unless he’s able to, at least, make it to a SB as a starter before he retires, there is no chance.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

You already had the discussion and I just said my peace.  Not much else to say.  I just hope you aren’t disappointed when he never makes it to the voting semi finals.  Unless he’s able to, at least, make it to a SB as a starter before he retires, there is no chance.

I know, it's just in fun. But I do believe he is as qualified as some others. Again, none of this stuff matters, so why not?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I know, it's just in fun. But I do believe he is as qualified as some others. Again, none of this stuff matters, so why not?

Definitely more fun than these by week threads!  

I forgot to ask, who is your all time favorite Bills 3rd down back that never started a game in the NFL?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

He's beloved in Buffalo and stated it's his favorite fan base. He gets my WOF vote

Dont get me wrong, I'm not against putting him on the Wall. I'm just sayin if he is Wall worthy, then he should be discussed for the Hall too.

He's started games for 25% of the league. There isn't a fanbase anywhere that doesnt love him. If he starts the rest of the year, he likely leapfrogs Kelly on the all-time passer list.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_yds_career.htm

13 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Dont get me wrong, I'm not against putting him on the Wall. I'm just sayin if he is Wall worthy, then he should be discussed for the Hall too.

He's started games for 25% of the league. There isn't a fanbase anywhere that doesnt love him. If he starts the rest of the year, he likely leapfrogs Kelly on the all-time passer list.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_yds_career.htm

I knew you secretly just wanted to get this thread poppin again! 🤣

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 1 year later...

This is a joke right on HOF or WOF.  Not even Hall of very good.  He’s a great guy, but that’s a big fat no.

Now Gore at 16000 yards over

16 years, 19980 all purpose yards and 3rd all time if not a 1st ballot, will get in at the 1st couple of years eligibility.  The only ones with more yards is Emmett, and Sweetness.  There is only 1 NFL RB with over 12,000 rushing yards not in the Hall, and that’s dirty Ricky Waters.

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

There is only 1 NFL RB with over 12,000 rushing yards not in the Hall, and that’s dirty Ricky Waters.

And that is a damn travesty.  Add to the yardage, 91 total TDs and a ring.

Fitz isn't even Wall worthy, if we're being honest.  He just a beloved player.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

This is a joke right on HOF or WOF.  Not even Hall of very good.  He’s a great guy, but that’s a big fat no.

Now Gore at 16000 yards over

16 years, 19980 all purpose yards and 3rd all time if not a 1st ballot, will get in at the 1st couple of years eligibility.  The only ones with more yards is Emmett, and Sweetness.  There is only 1 NFL RB with over 12,000 rushing yards not in the Hall, and that’s dirty Ricky Waters.

It's the Hall of FAME, not Hall of Stats.

It's merely another branch of Marketing for an entertainment business.

Put him in!

Edited by DrDawkinstein

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.