Ryan Fitzpatrick: Hall of Famer? or First Ballot HoFer?

DrDawkinstein

Fitz  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ryan Fitzpatrick end up in the NFL HoF?

2 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Greatest non-franchise/journeyman QB...

Kurt Warner comes to mind.

Love Fitz though. His roast of Fred Jackson belongs in some type of HOF

Another similar career to Warner was Vinny Testaverde  He came out of college with about as much hype as LOL Trevor Lawrence has this year.  Never really lived up to it, had a 20 year career with his best years the last part with the Jets and eve nthen could probably define it further as best years with Bill Parsells .  Never won a SB like Warner, but Warner's career was much shorter.  Looking at Warner's stats, he had 2 great years in St Louis, then tailed off till his last 3 years in Arizona, those may have even been his most consistent.

And a definite NO to Fitz for the hall

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

56 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

Would definitely be the greatest induction speech ever.

1 minute ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I just want to see his beard in bronze 

The bust would be great. The speech would be amazing.

Only question remaining: Could he go in with "no team"?

I know he has said he always considers himself a Bill first when thinking back on his career, and we would be honored to have him go in as a Bill. But I feel assigning him one team takes away from the story. He should go in as "Universal" or the like.

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Should Ryan Fitzpatrick be inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame when he is done with his career?

I say YES.

First, it's the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Stats, or Hall of Super Bowl Victories, or Hall of Franchise QBs.

Second, I'd argue that he is the Greatest non-Franchise/Journeyman QB in NFL history.

Third, folks say a good way of measuring worthiness is "If you were telling the Story of the NFL, would he be included?", and I say YES. When talking about this decade how could you not talk about the dude who has unseated and benched numerous 1st rd "Franchise" prospects?

Fourth, ok lets talk stats. Fitz just passed Troy Aikman, Steve Young, and Phil Simms on the All-time Passer list. He is 600 yards away from passing Tony Romo, and less than 2000 yards away from leap-frogging Jim Kelly. If he starts this entire season, he'll likely end up #26 on the all-time passing list.

He's a great dude, and a heck of a character.

The campaign starts here. FITZ FOR HALL OF FAME!

He might be the greatest journeyman in all of professional sports...dude just set the NFL record for being the first player to ever beat a single team with 6 different teams when he defeated the Jags yesterday.

• Like (+1) 1

Fourth, ok lets talk stats. Fitz just passed Troy Aikman, Steve Young, and Phil Simms on the All-time Passer list. He is 600 yards away from passing Tony Romo, and less than 2000 yards away from leap-frogging Jim Kelly. If he starts this entire season, he'll likely end up #26 on the all-time passing list.

Are there QBs still ahead of him who aren't in the HOF?     How many HOFers are statistically behind him?       Love the Dude, but it's a weird walk you're talkin here!!!

Should Ryan Fitzpatrick be inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame when he is done with his career?

I say YES.

First, it's the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Stats, or Hall of Super Bowl Victories, or Hall of Franchise QBs.

Second, I'd argue that he is the Greatest non-Franchise/Journeyman QB in NFL history.

Third, folks say a good way of measuring worthiness is "If you were telling the Story of the NFL, would he be included?", and I say YES. When talking about this decade how could you not talk about the dude who has unseated and benched numerous 1st rd "Franchise" prospects?

"First, it's the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Stats, or Hall of Super Bowl Victories, or Hall of Franchise QBs."

It's exactly how Joe Namath got in.

Count me in as a HELL YES!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

Here's a question.

If Ryan Fitzpatrick had entrance music, what would it be?

Proally already posted but - Whitesnake....

And here I go again on my own
Goin' down the only road I've ever known
Like a drifter, I was born to walk alone
And I've made up my mind...........

I ain't wasting no more time

Edited by Kwai San
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bill Lewes said:

Are there QBs still ahead of him who aren't in the HOF?     How many HOFers are statistically behind him?       Love the Dude, but it's a weird walk you're talkin here!!!

Plenty in both categories.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_yds_career.htm

Although it's hard to compare with the older guys since the league has changed so much.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Another similar career to Warner was Vinny Testaverde  He came out of college with about as much hype as LOL Trevor Lawrence has this year.  Never really lived up to it, had a 20 year career with his best years the last part with the Jets and eve nthen could probably define it further as best years with Bill Parsells .  Never won a SB like Warner, but Warner's career was much shorter.  Looking at Warner's stats, he had 2 great years in St Louis, then tailed off till his last 3 years in Arizona, those may have even been his most consistent.

The Testicle!  Man it has been a LONG time since I heard/seen his name.  Lol!!!

0% chance Fitz makes the HOF.  He does not deserve it.  He is not very good.  He's a great backup, thats it.  Every team he has ever played for quickly gave up on him as a starter.  There is a reason, he doesn't win games, but he sure does lose games that matter.

There is a reason his nickname has been FitzPicktrick or FitzPickSix so many times, because he throws so many bad INT's during important games.

Fitz is just good enough to keep your team from getting a top draft pick to replace him and just bad enough to keep your team from entering the playoffs.  He is the king of 6 to 7 win teams.  

I love the guy, he's fun, great personality, and scrappy.  But the reality is he is just not a very good starting QB.  He is capable of getting hot for a game, or even small stretch of games, but he the last person anyone would ever consider when asking about consistency unless you want to talk about how consistent he is on doing just enough to avoid a top 10 pick in the draft and doing too little to make the playoffs.  He is very consistent at that.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Vinny paved the way for Fitz and was a legend himself. One of my favorite players of all time. An NFL record 21 consecutive seasons with a TD Pass. 

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

0% chance Fitz makes the HOF.  He does not deserve it.  He is not very good.  He's a great backup, thats it.  Every team he has ever played for quickly gave up on him as a starter.  There is a reason, he doesn't win games, but he sure does lose games that matter.

There is a reason his nickname has been FitzPicktrick or FitzPickSix so many times, because he throws so many bad INT's during important games.

Fitz is just good enough to keep your team from getting a top draft pick to replace him and just bad enough to keep your team from entering the playoffs.  He is the king of 6 to 7 win teams.  

I love the guy, he's fun, great personality, and scrappy.  But the reality is he is just not a very good starting QB.  He is capable of getting hot for a game, or even small stretch of games, but he the last person anyone would ever consider when asking about consistency unless you want to talk about how consistent he is on doing just enough to avoid a top 10 pick in the draft and doing too little to make the playoffs.  He is very consistent at that.  

Poop_Emoji_7b204f05-eec6-4496-91b1-351ac

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Has more career passing yards than HOfers:  Aikman, Blanda, Bradshaw, Dawson, Graham, Greise, Jurgenson, Layne, Namath, Stabler, Starr, Staubach, Tittle, Van Brocklin, Warner, Waterfield, Young

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_yds_career.htm

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.