Ryan Fitzpatrick: Hall of Famer? or First Ballot HoFer?

DrDawkinstein

Fitz  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ryan Fitzpatrick end up in the NFL HoF?

57 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Should Ryan Fitzpatrick be inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame when he is done with his career?

I say YES.

First, it's the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Stats, or Hall of Super Bowl Victories, or Hall of Franchise QBs.

Second, I'd argue that he is the Greatest non-Franchise/Journeyman QB in NFL history.

Third, folks say a good way of measuring worthiness is "If you were telling the Story of the NFL, would he be included?", and I say YES. When talking about this decade how could you not talk about the dude who has unseated and benched numerous 1st rd "Franchise" prospects?

Fourth, ok lets talk stats. Fitz just passed Troy Aikman, Steve Young, and Phil Simms on the All-time Passer list. He is 600 yards away from passing Tony Romo, and less than 2000 yards away from leap-frogging Jim Kelly. If he starts this entire season, he'll likely end up #26 on the all-time passing list.

He's a great dude, and a heck of a character.

The campaign starts here. FITZ FOR HALL OF FAME!

Say no more. I am on board. Time to Circle Those Wagons!

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

If he had a better arm he’d be a HOFer.. very smart QB, about as smart as any to ever play the game..but his arm is limited at best.. may catch some serious heat for this and may be a hot take.. but he has the brain of an elite QB with the arm of a wet noodle..

Well said.  Dude is an all time great if he has a great arm.  It looks so painful when he throws the ball but he normally gets it done.  It also goes to show how that all the physical skills in the world don’t matter if you can think the game.  He has had a career better than 85% of QBs.  All as a 7th rounder. 

one of my favorite players ever.  Such a gamer.  Unfortunately, in a big spot, he always comes up short.  I’d love to see him make the playoffs once.  I would trade a pick for him if Miami would do it.  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.