Ryan Fitzpatrick: Hall of Famer? or First Ballot HoFer?

DrDawkinstein

Fitz  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ryan Fitzpatrick end up in the NFL HoF?

Should Ryan Fitzpatrick be inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame when he is done with his career?

I say YES.

First, it's the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Stats, or Hall of Super Bowl Victories, or Hall of Franchise QBs.

Second, I'd argue that he is the Greatest non-Franchise/Journeyman QB in NFL history.

Third, folks say a good way of measuring worthiness is "If you were telling the Story of the NFL, would he be included?", and I say YES. When talking about this decade how could you not talk about the dude who has unseated and benched numerous 1st rd "Franchise" prospects?

Fourth, ok lets talk stats. Fitz just passed Troy Aikman, Steve Young, and Phil Simms on the All-time Passer list. He is 600 yards away from passing Tony Romo, and less than 2000 yards away from leap-frogging Jim Kelly. If he starts this entire season, he'll likely end up #26 on the all-time passing list.

He's a great dude, and a heck of a character.

The campaign starts here. FITZ FOR HALL OF FAME!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Good point. Although I think Warner elevated himself out of the Journeyman category and was the Rams Franchise QB.

Plus, he's a HoFer. So the case is there for Fitz!

To me he's just as much the Cards QB who took a paycut to keep his receivers together.

And he took both teams to SB's. Not sure that makes Fitz' case. Well, maybe Fitzgerald.

• Like (+1) 2

I was thinking about this as the game came on last night. It’s interesting as he certainly has the stats...just not the wins or championship (or even playoffs) accomplishments. 

I’d love to see it for what he has done on the field as well as his mentoring abilities. 

Edited by TroutDog
  • Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Should Ryan Fitzpatrick be inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame when he is done with his career?

I say YES.

First, it's the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Stats, or Hall of Super Bowl Victories, or Hall of Franchise QBs.

Second, I'd argue that he is the Greatest non-Franchise/Journeyman QB in NFL history.

Third, folks say a good way of measuring worthiness is "If you were telling the Story of the NFL, would he be included?", and I say YES. When talking about this decade how could you not talk about the dude who has unseated and benched numerous 1st rd "Franchise" prospects?

Fourth, ok lets talk stats. Fitz just passed Troy Aikman, Steve Young, and Phil Simms on the All-time Passer list. He is 600 yards away from passing Tony Romo, and less than 2000 yards away from leap-frogging Jim Kelly. If he starts this entire season, he'll likely end up #26 on the all-time passing list.

The campaign starts here. FITZ FOR HALL OF FAME!

Look, I like drinking in the morning also, but this is simply crack-smoking-level here. 

• Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I say YES.

The campaign starts and ends here. FITZ FOR HALL OF FAME!

Fixed 

I didn’t expect this from you 🤣

• Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

My man with the First Ballot vote! That's what I like to see. He deserves it. If for nothing else, his speech at Fred Jackson's roast.

I adore Ryan and love fun. This vote was a no-brainer.

I actually nearly made this thread myself earlier but I wasn't ready for people hating my guts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Fixed 

I didn’t expect this from you 🤣

Just some Friday Fun with a fan-favorite drought era player :thumbsup:

But kind of a serious question, since the Hall of Fame is just a subjective marketing tool.

2 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I adore Ryan and love fun. This vote was a no-brainer.

I actually nearly made this thread myself earlier but I wasn't ready for people hating my guts.

It's very freeing once you get there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

Honestly I was thinking of starting a similar thread before the season started. 

I'm sure it's not a very popular opinion but I think the case can be made. If ever their was a player that exhibited the fun for the game, the dedication, determination, the humility the sacrifice etc. you can go on and on, it's Ryan Fitzpatrick. He's not just been with 8 teams. He's started a significant number of games for all 8 teams. A record that won't come close to being matched.

He'd likely have my vote if I had one. The only thing to consider is if this somehow opens the doors for more players who just stuck around for a long time but didn't put  up great numbers and were even back-ups. But I think Fitzpatrick is a unique enough case I'd be willing to make a one time exception.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.