Charles Barkley on Breonna Taylor

SectionC3

6 hours ago, DFT said:

C Sec and Tibs have no interest in anything but persistent attempts to get you guys fired up.  They’re both obvious conservative trolls. STOP FEEDING THEM!!!!

Hello,

This is a friendly notice to inform you that the following post was created by a troll(s) on this forum.  The creator of this post has no intentions of having an adult conversation on the topic they’re intending to create.  While the content or expressions listed by said poster may reflect an actual perspective, the perspective is overshadowed by this posters history of creating topics that are meant to instigate, spam and disrupt an otherwise civilized political conversation.  You can view the content against the poster’s reputation to make an informed decision for yourself (if you choose).  The best way to remove said posters, spam and instigation from a forum is to not respond beyond this message.  Thank you.  

ok but why are you spamming with this?

3 minutes ago, DFT said:

You think warning other posters of malicious intent by trolls is spamming????

And I thought 2020 couldn’t get any more groovy!!

you copying and pasting the same message over and over again is the definition of spamming...

If you want to ignore those trolls then IGNORE THEM, I don’t know why you think spamming helps.  Sorry

4 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

you copying and pasting the same message over and over again is the definition of spamming...

If you want to ignore those trolls then IGNORE THEM, I don’t know why you think spamming helps.  Sorry

We’ll agree to disagree then.  You think I’m spamming and I think I’m warning others who may think the trolls are actually looking to converse.  Judging by the board’s reactions however, they seem to disagree with your assessment.  While I’m sorry we found our way to this disagreement, I would advise that if you don’t want to see this post, you can certainly take your own advice and add me to your ignore if you haven’t done so already.  I won’t take it personal.  I have no issue with you whatsoever, which I’ve shared with you recently.  Have a good evening and I’m sorry we couldn’t agree.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Is that seriously what happen??  She was killed by cops returning fire against her boyfriend?  This is literally the first time I've heard that.

That's* infuriating.

* 'That' being the lying media and political bullsh--, in case it wasn't obvious.   The only person who should be charged in connection with that event is her boyfriend.

Including apparently knocking and announcing that they were the police.

13 minutes ago, GG said:

When they didn’t have to since it was a no-knock warrant. The irony being that if they hadn’t knocked, she would probably still be alive.

1 hour ago, Crayola64 said:

So you’re agreeing that they are Trolls?  

2 hours ago, Doc said:

So you think they just picked out a random address, right? Or that they intentionally killed her because she’s black, right?

And I already said that this was a tragedy. Nothing will change that but again the false narrative that was originally put forth created even more damage that was totally unnecessary.

Hoax.  The warrant has the stink of something that was a bit ginned up insofar as the Taylor residence was concerned. Absent that, no incident.  

And hoax on your “most damage“ comment.  You initially said that a narrative or words was the most damaging thing that occurred here.   I believe that the loss of human life is the most damaging thing that has occurred. 

56 minutes ago, GG said:

According to whom? 

42 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So you’re agreeing that they are Trolls?  

You should stop focusing on this troll issue if you want to be my financial adviser. I can’t have my financial adviser worried about what some people say on the Internet.  This myopia does not bode well for your chances to earn my business, sir. 

2 hours ago, DFT said:

You think warning other posters of malicious intent by trolls is spamming????

And I thought 2020 couldn’t get any more groovy!!

You’re getting all snowflakey on us if you’re worried about “malicious intent” of internet randos in this forum.  Time to relax a bit! 

17 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  The warrant has the stink of something that was a bit ginned up insofar as the Taylor residence was concerned. Absent that, no incident.  

And hoax on your “most damage“ comment.  You initially said that a narrative or words was the most damaging thing that occurred here.   I believe that the loss of human life is the most damaging thing that has occurred. 

If you want to say that they got bad intelligence, that’s fine. It still doesn’t change the facts that if they had answered the door and that if the boyfriend hadn’t shot first, she would still be alive.  And that their skin color had nothing to do with anything.

And literally the first thing I said in this thread was that this was a tragedy. The false narrative made an even bigger one. 

17 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

According to whom?

A neighbor of hers/theirs. 

43 minutes ago, Doc said:

If you want to say that they got bad intelligence, that’s fine. It still doesn’t change the facts that if they had answered the door and that if the boyfriend hadn’t shot first, she would still be alive.  And that their skin color had nothing to do with anything.

And literally the first thing I said in this thread was that this was a tragedy. The false narrative made an even bigger one. 

A neighbor of hers/theirs. 

I believe it was from a guy in the apartment directly above Breonna Taylor's. 

21 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

So nobody who could confirm that Taylor and the BF heard it.   Which is not surprising bc the warrant was executed at 1a when most of the world is asleep. 

It's possible Breonna and BF didn't know it was police.  However, that doesn't change that BF fired at cops and cops fired back to defend themselves.  It may well be an unfortunate accident initiated by BF. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

“Correct address” is sort of the key to the whole thing.  Was the address listed on the warrant?  Yes.  No doubt.  But should the address have been listed on the warrant?  That’s the question. And what was the link between Taylor and the target of the investigation?  A small number of Amazon packages, or something of that sort, IIRC.  Seems like a specious reason to search that apartment to this mind.  

And I take issue with your “most damage” comment.  The narrative hasn’t caused the greatest damage.  The loss of life is the greatest damage.  Which has nothing to do with the narrative.  

See above.  “Right apartment” depends on whether it should have been the subject of a warrant in the first instance. 

Again, from the NYT Magazine article - the most thorough investigation out there - there absolutely was probable cause to search Breonna's apartment. There's no indication that anything was false in the application for a warrant, and the judge signed off on it. The fact that (as far as we know) nothing was found there related to the drug trade doesn't mean there was a lack of probable cause. And after Breonna was tragically killed, her ex is on recorded phone calls from jail talking about getting bail money from (IIRC) $8,000 that was in Breonna's apartment.

NONE of this is meant to justify the way in which the warrant was executed nor the shoot-out that ensued. There was clearly some poor police work on that front after the warrant was issued. But it is important to know the facts surrounding this whole matter, because those facts help explain what happened, what went wrong, and how police can avoid this type of thing happening again.