[Moderator Edit -last 2 pages] Moss and Knox vs. Rams

56 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

I’m expecting lots of running. I expect 40+ minutes in time of possession. Lots of running a double teams on Donald to wear him down. Hopefully Yeldon or Jones is ready to spell Devin. 

I don't want to see Yeldon or Jones with the ball in their hands. I'd rather see end-arounds from McKensie (Rams edge rushers aren't the best), or check downs to a TE (Gillium?). Yeldon is a lousy ball carrier, and I remember how frustrating Jones was when he was a Bill. IMO, neither of those guys are reliable. 

1 hour ago, hemma said:

Gilliam had to arrange his own Pro Day.

I don't think this has been posted, but he looks to be a pretty decent athlete.

6' & 244 lbs = a low center of gravity.  Hope he is quick picking up the playbook.

So weird that they changed his position to TE (but, does that even matter?). 

He looked pretty good last week, and I wonder if he doesn't really start to fill a role on offense. He may be our best option as something like a power back (which Moss does not seem to be). He also seems to be talented as a receiver, and it's not like he needs a particularly complete route tree. Likely Allen will be facing a lot more pressure this week, and will need more short-yardage plays. Gillium could have a breakout game tomorrow.

On 9/25/2020 at 9:31 AM, PaattMaann said:

Neither is an insurmountable loss. Moss hasnt done much, might see Yeldon catch a few passes. Just means we get to feed Devin. 

At least Knox wont be out there to drop passes or fumble. 

Uptick for Gilliam id imagine too

I guess. 

Knox seems to make a big time catch almost every game but with our WR options , we'll be ok.

Imagine Lee Smitch will be active this week, as well as Yeldon.

2 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

So weird that they changed his position to TE (but, does that even matter?). 

He looked pretty good last week, and I wonder if he doesn't really start to fill a role on offense. He may be our best option as something like a power back (which Moss does not seem to be). He also seems to be talented as a receiver, and it's not like he needs a particularly complete route tree. Likely Allen will be facing a lot more pressure this week, and will need more short-yardage plays. Gillium could have a breakout game tomorrow.

I wouldn’t imagine a break out game for Gilliam.  Kroft got most of the snaps after Knox went out and blocked well and was open on a couple of patterns.  

I expect the Bills to run a lot of 10 personnel- with no TEs and 11 personnel with Kroft as the HB.  

I don’t expect them to run a ton of 12 personnel with Kroft and Gilliam, but we will see.  I would expect some close to the goal line to make the Rams think big/base, but then spread them out.

8 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I wouldn’t imagine a break out game for Gilliam.  Kroft got most of the snaps after Knox went out and blocked well and was open on a couple of patterns.  

I expect the Bills to run a lot of 10 personnel- with no TEs and 11 personnel with Kroft as the HB.  

I don’t expect them to run a ton of 12 personnel with Kroft and Gilliam, but we will see.  I would expect some close to the goal line to make the Rams think big/base, but then spread them out.

Lee Smith might get some reps worth noting. 

Please no seam routes though.
well maybe one.......

22 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

We'll see. My thought is that with the amount of pressure Allen will be facing up the middle-- not just from Donald, and Joseph-Day, but from Kiser, as well-- that there will be far fewer 4, and 5 WR sets than the previous two weeks. And, with our lack of depth at RB, I think 10 personnel is unlikely. I'm not sure Yeldon will even be active. I assume Lee Smith will be. But to date we've seen a lot more of Gilliam than either of those guys. He was signed as a FB, and he may be the guy they view as more of a HB. 

10 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

We'll see. My thought is that with the amount of pressure Allen will be facing up the middle-- not just from Donald, and Joseph-Day, but from Kiser, as well-- that there will be far fewer 4, and 5 WR sets than the previous two weeks. And, with our lack of depth at RB, I think 10 personnel is unlikely. I'm not sure Yeldon will even be active. I assume Lee Smith will be. But to date we've seen a lot more of Gilliam than either of those guys. He was signed as a FB, and he may be the guy they view as more of a HB. 

Except after Knox went out with both Gilliam and Kroft active - Kroft filled Knoxs role for the rest of the game.

Kroft was in as the HB several times including 2 of the biggest plays in the fourth quarter - the Diggs catch and the Brown TD.

I don’t expect that to change much this week.  I would assume they move Kroft around and use him to help pick up Donald as an extra blocker.

It should be fun to see.

18 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

They will be “worth noting”...just not in a good way. 😉

as i may have suggested  :D
but somebody needs to pick up the stunts and outside rush

2 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Except after Knox went out with both Gilliam and Kroft active - Kroft filled Knoxs role for the rest of the game.

Kroft was in as the HB several times including 2 of the biggest plays in the fourth quarter - the Diggs catch and the Brown TD.

I don’t expect that to change much this week.  I would assume they move Kroft around and use him to help pick up Donald as an extra blocker.

It should be fun to see.

key of the game since Knox is out. Knox had a lot of responsibility when they were shifting him

Edited by 3rdand12

On 9/26/2020 at 10:21 AM, Rocky Landing said:

I don't want to see Yeldon or Jones with the ball in their hands. I'd rather see end-arounds from McKensie (Rams edge rushers aren't the best), or check downs to a TE (Gillium?). Yeldon is a lousy ball carrier, and I remember how frustrating Jones was when he was a Bill. IMO, neither of those guys are reliable. 

Yeldon looked good on his few runs today.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/25/2020 at 7:38 AM, 716er said:

Micah Kiser is a name you'll know after Sunday. 2018 mid round pick who has turned a page this year. 

Yup, He looks a lot like the Kizer I saw in college.  Sluggish.  He’s the guy that we targeted on the games most important play.....a td to Tyler Kroft of all people.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, NewEra said:

Yup, He looks a lot like the Kizer I saw in college.  Sluggish.  He’s the guy that we targeted on the games most important play.....a td to Tyler Kroft of all people.  

I was watching him a lot because of this thread. Bills abused him all afternoon. Not sure if I saw him make a single tackle by himself.