[Moderator Edit -last 2 pages] Moss and Knox vs. Rams

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I cannot believe you're already calling Moss a waste of a roster spot, terrible draft pick and the worst RB in NFL history.  You are so dramatic.  

I know it’s absurd.  A guy averages over 4.5 ypc his second nfl game on 8 or 9 touches and all of the sudden he’s a bust 😂 

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He moves like he has lead in his boots. It is the difference between he and Singletary. Neither is fast, but Singletary has fast feet. Moss looks the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man out of Ghostbusters lifting his legs up and putting them down again.

You know, I was beginning to wonder if I was the only person who thought this about Moss.  I thought he had some of the quickness and shiftiness that Singletary has, with a little more power.  But Singletary is just barely quick enough to make himself effective, and so far Moss has looked to me to be just short of being quick enough.  He doesn't out-quick anyone and he doesn't outpower anyone.   Maybe it's the blocking, maybe it's the scheme, maybe he hasn't adjusted yet, maybe it's a lot of things, but I don't think missing him for a week is a huge loss.  

Losing Knox hurts more - he HAS shown that his skills can make a difference on the field, but still, I'm not too concerned about it.  Receivers get open because of scheme - Knox isn't one to get open by using special separation skills.  He gets open because the the offense is attacking the called defense in a way that leaves an opening that the tight end runs to.  Knox is good at it, but Gilliam can do it well enough.  Will there be a drop off?  Sure, but not one that should matter all that much.   Plus, I think we'll see Davis on the field in some of the tight formations where we were seeing Knox in the slot or split out just a couple of yards.  Obviously, Davis isn't the blocking threat Knox is in the running game, but Knox's blocking isn't striking fear in the hearts of linebackers around the league, either. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, T master said:

Not sure Moss will be missed a lot i think McD & company want him in to get as many reps as possible for them to see what he's got but i hope Knox can make it back soon i think he will be a bigger part of Dabols plan on offense .

Moss will be good once he starts hitting the openings the line is creating for him.  I have seen him run into traffic or cut back because he didn't see the hole a few times.  I agree regarding Knox. He is a definite match up problem for opposing Defenses, and will be a great one (in my opinion) once he develops some consistency.   

Maybe this is finally a game where they free Singletary.  

3 minutes ago, Process said:

Rams weakness on D is their LBs. On offense they have Kupp and Higbee who can wreak havoc down the middle of the field.

Being down a RB, TE and potentially two starting LBs is certainly not ideal. 

That said, it’s a rookie rb who really hasn’t done that much and a talented TE who hanging on to the ball.  Not ideal but it’s not like it’s Barkley or Kittle.  The LBs will be huge because the Rams definitely watch Gielski eat us alive last week.

28 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You don't like Boobie's, you like Willie's. 

Everyone loves boobies 😁👍