[Moderator Edit -last 2 pages] Moss and Knox vs. Rams

16 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Gilliam is our only option. My problem is that Gilliam is NOT a very good blocker. This makes our offense less dynamic. I suspect by a wide margin, but we won't know for sure until Sunday. 

How do you know he isnt a good blocker? Where is the film on this that you are basing/judging this from?

Edit: Im not saying you are wrong with this claim, I just dont know where you are seeing this proof because I personally haven't.

Edited by PaattMaann

that means Milano and Edmunds are in or game time decisions at the very least...Dodson playing some or more is not a concern based on the Fins game

this is Moss second injury (toe) his first was a neck injury during training camp where he missed several days...way too early to categorize as injury prone, but...he did miss significant time in college due to injury and his run-to-and-thru-contact style does concern me

Edited by First Round Bust

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Moss has underwhelmed so far, but did have that nice TD catch week 1. As a runner I haven't been impressed. Knox is a loss from a bit of a match up perspective..... but hopefully the Bills can get through this week without him.

If I had to give up Moss and Knox to get Milano and Edmunds back I would.

Yeah - Moss has been thinking too much.  Just do what got you here and play football.  

2 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

We have a chance if Yeldon’s fumbles can be limited to 1

He has 6 fumbles in over 600 touches.  Singletary has 4 in 200 touches, and i don't even want to get into Allens fumbling.  This narrative is a bit played out.  

• Like (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Why would you have a fullback on your team that can’t block?

#1 Gilliam is listed as a TE, not a fullback.  Maybe there's a reason for that?

#2 TE differ in their blocking vs pass catching abilities

His blocking may very well improve, but most rookies seem to have a learning curve around the speed and power of the NFL game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

How do you know he isnt a good blocker? Where is the film on this that you are basing/judging this from?

Edit: Im not saying you are wrong with this claim, I just dont know where you are seeing this proof because I personally haven't.

That’s a fair question.  Gilliam played H back in college (albeit at a small school) so he has experience.  Unproven at the NFL level?  Sure.  Incapable at the NFL level?  Dunno yet.  Let’s give him a chance first. 

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Kind of makes the Croom release a bit strange, no? You'd think they would have liked him for pass catching depth while Knox was out.

Croom would’ve got Allen killed in this game. I would rather scour the PS of other teams or us a big WR as a TE before Croom. I’m guessing that not one team signs this guy to their PS. 

6 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

*Patiently waiting for someone to ask "Does this mean Wade gets carries, we need to call him up and see what he can do" or something to that effect*

I would actually rather see Wade then Yeldon. 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Moss has underwhelmed so far, but did have that nice TD catch week 1. As a runner I haven't been impressed. Knox is a loss from a bit of a match up perspective..... but hopefully the Bills can get through this week without him.

If I had to give up Moss and Knox to get Milano and Edmunds back I would.

Moss averaged 4.6 YPC against Dolphins.  Not sure why people are saying he’s under whelmed, he’s barely had a chance to get going or find a rhythm.  

End of day, there is only one football.  Josh leads the NFL in passing yards, hard to also have a second string RB also make a big statistical impact too.  

I think Moss has looked good in his limited touches. 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 8