Inside track on Lawrence after 2 weeks?

4merper4mer

If the Giants are bad enough to get the 1st pick they will take Lawrence & Danny Dimes can be had for a dime.  No way they can lose enough to have the NFL's worst record & pick Daniel Jones over Trevor Lawrence.  The only team that wouldn't take Lawrence is Cincinnati.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets, with the first pick out of Clemson take Trevor Lawrence.  Darnold traded to ....., for a 3rd round pick.

Traded to Bills for a 3rd round pick.  Allen's buddy and backup for the next 15 years.  I could see it.

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BidsJr said:

Traded to Bills for a 3rd round pick.  Allen's buddy and backup for the next 15 years.  I could see it.

That doesn't work.  Whoever would trade for Darnold would be trading with the intention of either a 1 year tryout or making him their starter.  The elephant in the room is the 5th year option.  If a team trades for Darnold, they almost immediately have to decide to accept or decline his 5th year option.  If they accept, they'll be on the hook for at least around $11 million.  So unless a team's intention is for Darnold to be their undisputed QB of the future they are declining the 5th year, making Darnold a free agent 1 year after they traded for him.  There's no way Darnold stays anywhere where he has no chance of starting.  Therefore, there's no way he ends up on the Bills.  

• Like (+1) 3

I think it's Atlanta with a possible Detroit. I think the falcons have just given on their coaching staff. 

I'd say the Jets, but Gase has an uncanny ability to get just enough wins at the end of a season when he plays teams already in or out of the playoffs to make people think next year is the year he's finally not a bottom of the barrel coach. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I think it's Atlanta with a possible Detroit. I think the falcons have just given on their coaching staff. 

I'd say the Jets, but Gase has an uncanny ability to get just enough wins at the end of a season when he plays teams already in or out of the playoffs to make people think next year is the year he's finally not a bottom of the barrel coach. 

It wasn't really all that uncanny the Jets schedule was basically the opposite of ours last year. They had their tough games early and their easier ones late. No such luck this year.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

Justin Fields is hardly too far behind Lawrence.

Just think of Andrew Luck and RGIII, except that Fields is a light years better prospect than RGIII was.

So, whomever is the loser of the Lawrence sweepstakes will get one heckuva consolation prize in Fields (if coached properly on the right team).

56 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Jets

Redskins 

Giants 

That's your top 3 in some order.  The Giants winning in week 16 vs Washington in 2019 cost them Chase Young.  Score was 41-35.     

I doubt the Redskins are in the top 3, they have a defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Justin Fields is hardly too far behind Lawrence.

Just think of Andrew Luck and RGIII, except that Fields is a light years better prospect than RGIII was.

So, whomever is the loser of the Lawrence sweepstakes will get one heckuva consolation prize in Fields (if coached properly on the right team).

I am going to respectfully, but strongly disagree. I don't think that Lawrence and Fields are on the same planet. Lawrence is 5x better as a passer and he too can move.

Of course, this is jmo.

4 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Jests trade the #1 pick to the Lions for #3, 2021 #2, and 2022 #1. 

Yours is an interesting scenario. I would consider it even a bit low for this kid. He might be considered the best prospect since Petyton Manning or even John Elway. 

• Like (+1) 3