Survivor Pool

Doc

Just now, Process said:

It's one of the least risky plays of the week lol, they are one of the biggest favorites. But I get it, definitely feels bad to pick the browns to win anything.

oh totally! I get that. In my pool though, of the 60 people left, only 5 others chose the Browns and the rest went with Colts/Cardinals/Bucs. 

I didnt mean it was risky as in they have a high probability of losing, I meant its risky because its against the pack and ITS THE BROWNS lol (hence why im not confident)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

What was the buy in?

It was a free entry actually, i'm doing it too. 

11 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Indy. I already used KC and Pitt first 2 weeks in the DK $1,000,000 survivor pool. Can only use a team once so I've got the whole year planned out. 70,000 people are left out of over 500,000 (a lot of people neglected to make a week 2 choice I think), whoever is still standing after week 17 splits the million.

I'm doing the same thing, I picked the Bills week 1 and 49ers week 2. This week I'm picking the Colts too. I would love to be one of the last one standing but it's going to be so hard. This is my first time doing a survivor pool. 

• Like (+1) 1

Old Man Rivers burned me week 1.  I will not be making that mistake again with my last entry lol.

I'm going Cardinals over Lions.  Lions appear to be a complete mess and the Cardinals are on fire.  Which of course means Detroit will win but I digress.  If I am successful this week I will continue to pick against the Jets and Lions.  I have used up the Bills and Packers so far.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, section122 said:

Old Man Rivers burned me week 1.  I will not be making that mistake again with my last entry lol.

I'm going Cardinals over Lions.  Lions appear to be a complete mess and the Cardinals are on fire.  Which of course means Detroit will win but I digress.  If I am successful this week I will continue to pick against the Jets and Lions.  I have used up the Bills and Packers so far.

If everyone votes against the Jets every week how will you eventually win?

1 hour ago, SDS said:

If everyone votes against the Jets every week how will you eventually win?

I won't lol

That said both teams inevitably will win a couple of games that aren't expected and people will pick against other bad teams as well. Week 1 Indy, Philly, and SF lost playing Jax, WFT, and Arizona respectively.  Only Arizona was thought to be good but people probably picked SF from the super bowl.  This week in my 876 person original pool only 22 people lost and 11 of them had no pick (threw away $20, amazing) since there were no upsets and it is early most people had a lot of good choices.

Week 3 is always carnage and usually where I lose.  People over react to 2 good or bad games and we still have no idea who is who this year.  That's why I'm worried about the Cards over Detroit.  Detroit blew week 1 but should have won, then they got blown out by a really good GB team.  Not sure who they are but I think Patricia sucks and I am betting against him.  As bad as Gase is Jets play Colts and I refuse to lose both entries choosing them lol. 

19 minutes ago, section122 said:

I won't lol

That said both teams inevitably will win a couple of games that aren't expected and people will pick against other bad teams as well. Week 1 Indy, Philly, and SF lost playing Jax, WFT, and Arizona respectively.  Only Arizona was thought to be good but people probably picked SF from the super bowl.  This week in my 876 person original pool only 22 people lost and 11 of them had no pick (threw away $20, amazing) since there were no upsets and it is early most people had a lot of good choices.

Week 3 is always carnage and usually where I lose.  People over react to 2 good or bad games and we still have no idea who is who this year.  That's why I'm worried about the Cards over Detroit.  Detroit blew week 1 but should have won, then they got blown out by a really good GB team.  Not sure who they are but I think Patricia sucks and I am betting against him.  As bad as Gase is Jets play Colts and I refuse to lose both entries choosing them lol. 

Agreed. Colts Cardinals and Chargers are all big favorites that I think have the potential to lose and knock a lot of people out. Staying away from them. 

Browns and buccaneers the safest plays this week.

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Agreed. Colts Cardinals and Chargers are all big favorites that I think have the potential to lose and knock a lot of people out. Staying away from them. 

Browns and buccaneers the safest plays this week.

I'm still rolling with the Cardinals.

TB should win but Brady always struggles in Den - he lost to Brock Osweiller!  I didn't like that game for that reason.

Browns are the Browns.  WFT has a monstrous d line that can win them any game.  Combine those 2 factors and I can't pull the trigger.

1 minute ago, section122 said:

I'm still rolling with the Cardinals.

TB should win but Brady always struggles in Den - he lost to Brock Osweiller!  I didn't like that game for that reason.

Browns are the Browns.  WFT has a monstrous d line that can win them any game.  Combine those 2 factors and I can't pull the trigger.

maybe try a finger rather than a trigger…

Looking ahead to week 4. I'm thinking of taking the bengals. They suck but are kind of loaded on offense and burrow looks good. There are a lot of tough weeks late in the season, need to save as many good teams as possible. This is for the DK million so tens of thousands left, need to be aggressive. 

Rams and Ravens are the obvious choices. 

Edited by Process

On 9/25/2020 at 10:36 AM, section122 said:

So, um, yeah

Probably not a good day for you yesterday, lol........

The worst part about picks and survivor pools is over thinking everything. I always laughed when you see people who barely follow football win pools making picks because they don't over think things. The hardcore fans start analyzing and looking at trends and statistics and over think things. Also alot of people think the best way to go is to save the better teams for later, but you have to make it to later in order to use them. I have done it a few times and had it backfire cause of an upset.

I think I took the Chargers bit at the last minute made the change to Colts. There was one of the 'experts' on CBS's website that called the Colts the safest pick and had them winning big.

3 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

So, um, yeah

Probably not a good day for you yesterday, lol........

The worst part about picks and survivor pools is over thinking everything. I always laughed when you see people who barely follow football win pools making picks because they don't over think things. The hardcore fans start analyzing and looking at trends and statistics and over think things. Also alot of people think the best way to go is to save the better teams for later, but you have to make it to later in order to use them. I have done it a few times and had it backfire cause of an upset.

I think I took the Chargers bit at the last minute made the change to Colts. There was one of the 'experts' on CBS's website that called the Colts the safest pick and had them winning big.

I did not lol

As I watched the early results come in I knew what was going to happen.  Over analyzed it for sure.  Bucs vs Broncos was a no brainer in hindsight but my hate for Brady won over me using my brain!

On 9/27/2020 at 8:51 PM, Process said:

Looking ahead to week 4. I'm thinking of taking the bengals. They suck but are kind of loaded on offense and burrow looks good. There are a lot of tough weeks late in the season, need to save as many good teams as possible. This is for the DK million so tens of thousands left, need to be aggressive. 

Rams and Ravens are the obvious choices. 

Around 42,000 left out of over 500,000. I would like to save the Rams and Ravens for later as well, not sure who I'm going with yet. 

I'm taking the Rams in my Survivor pool this week. The Rams still have all 6 of their division games left and the NFC West is going to be a blood bath so I am avoiding those games at all costs. Should be an easy win for a pissed off Rams team.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Justin C said:

I'm taking the Rams in my Survivor pool this week. The Rams still have all 6 of their division games left and the NFC West is going to be a blood bath so I am avoiding those games at all costs. Should be an easy win for a pissed off Rams team.

I think I'll be taking them as well. They are the closest to a sure thing this week, I'm not gonna worry about later in the season. Staying alive is what it's all about.

13 minutes ago, Justin C said:

Rams still play washington, miami, jets and chicago. Lots of good matchups left.