Survivor Pool

Doc

Indy. I already used KC and Pitt first 2 weeks in the DK $1,000,000 survivor pool. Can only use a team once so I've got the whole year planned out. 70,000 people are left out of over 500,000 (a lot of people neglected to make a week 2 choice I think), whoever is still standing after week 17 splits the million.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Indy. I already used KC and Pitt first 2 weeks in the DK $1,000,000 survivor pool. Can only use a team once so I've got the whole year planned out. 70,000 people are left out of over 500,000 (a lot of people neglected to make a week 2 choice I think), whoever is still standing after week 17 splits the million.

I'm on Indy this week as well.

Used Buffalo in week 1 and San Fran in week 2.

All three weeks I've picked against the Jets, basically. So far, so good.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I'm on Indy this week as well.

Used Buffalo in week 1 and San Fran in week 2.

All three weeks I've picked against the Jets, basically. So far, so good.

I used KC week 1 before I found out you only get one pick per team(this is my first survivor pool). I am saving my Bills pick for later. 30% of contestants eliminated week 1, SF losing that week got a lot of people.

I plan on targeting the Jets a lot this year, glad they don't limit how often you can pick against a certain team.

25 minutes ago, Process said:

Two rules for survivor

Never pick road teams

Never EVER pick Phillip Rivers

Unless it's at home against the Jets in 2020.

I'm going with the browns this week.

FIFY ☺

Edited by Turk71

6 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I used KC week 1 before I found out you only get one pick per team(this is my first survivor pool). I am saving my Bills pick for later. 30% of contestants eliminated week 1, SF losing that week got a lot of people.

I plan on targeting the Jets a lot this year, glad they don't limit how often you can pick against a certain team.

FIFY ☺

Most pools you can pick against a team as many times as you want, you can only pick a team as your pick once though

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

Colts. I think they also have the biggest point spread around -11. 

I don’t like anything the jets have going for them. 

I also picked the Colts. While Rivers has broken my heart several times over the years, I'll pick him over a USC QB.

Indy is tough at home, has the better (BY FAR) coach, QB, WRs, RBs, TEs and defense. Other than that, Jets all the way. ;) 

10 hours ago, Turk71 said:

What was the buy in?

8 hours ago, Process said:

Two rules for survivor

Never pick road teams

These were my exact thoughts.  I usually pick the highest favorite home team.

8 hours ago, Process said:

Two rules for survivor

Never pick road teams

I also went with the Browns this week in my survivor pool. Its a risk/reward move early in the season, which you have to do in order to make it far in survivor pools. I won my pool last year ($2500) by taking some risks early - I think I even went Browns early last year - which allows you to have some real strong teams late when everyone else has already used them. 

That said, I dont feel great about the Browns this week though haha. I mean they SHOULD stomp the Skins, but its the Browns. I never feel good about picking the Browns. 

14 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

I also went with the Browns this week in my survivor pool. Its a risk/reward move early in the season, which you have to do in order to make it far in survivor pools. I won my pool last year ($2500) by taking some risks early - I think I even went Browns early last year - which allows you to have some real strong teams late when everyone else has already used them. 

That said, I dont feel great about the Browns this week though haha. I mean they SHOULD stomp the Skins, but its the Browns. I never feel good about picking the Browns. 

It's one of the least risky plays of the week lol, they are one of the biggest favorites. But I get it, definitely feels bad to pick the browns to win anything.

• Like (+1) 1