The Jalen Ramsey Foot In Mouth Thread

KingBoots8

Jalen Ramsey, Toyed With: Ralph Wilson Stadium continues to be Ramsey’s house of horrors; he was culpable on three touchdowns on Sunday. On a fourth-and-goal in the first quarter, Josh Allen moved Ramsey to the other side of the field with his eyes and then dropped the ball off to Lee Smith for an easy touchdown. On the second, Ramsey jumped inside and left Tyler Kroft uncovered for another easy drop-off. And on the third TD, Stefon Diggs ran to the corner then moved back inside behind Ramsey as Ramsey seemed to forget he was participating in a football game.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2020/09/27/week-3-takeaways-josh-allen-wild-ride-foles-in-trubisky-out-falcons-blow-it-again

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I love this line!  "the rare quarterback facemask penalty committed as he used one pass rusher as a human shield to block another pass rusher."

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

I love this line!  "the rare quarterback facemask penalty committed as he used one pass rusher as a human shield to block another pass rusher."

Looked to me Josh was just stiff arming yet another defender to the ground and his freakishly oversized hands go caught in the face mask... has to be the first face mask I’ve seen called on a QB, especially one under duress.

Probably not the most popular opinion, but I don't mind the Jalen Ramsey's of the sports world. Like the Brian Cox's of his day it gave you someone to hate on and root against.

He is a talker, he talks trash to get himself up for games, when interviewed before this game he was bummed that the Bills Mafia would not be there because he was looking forward to us giving him the business because that motivates him.

He is a good db and part of what makes him good is that he is opportunistic about diagnosing and jumping routes. That being said, he tries to sense when routes have matured and he will take his eyes off his responsibilities and read the QB's eyes. In this way he can be moved off his spot and create openings. Josh used that often against him this game, but on the TD throw to Diggs he just trusted Diggs was better - he was.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Looked to me Josh was just stiff arming yet another defender to the ground and his freakishly oversized hands go caught in the face mask... has to be the first face mask I’ve seen called on a QB, especially one under duress.

Nah.  He had a good grip on that face mask.  He used it to shove Hollins into the path of Floyd, then he used it to corkscrew Hollins 180 degrees, into the ground.

I can't ever recall a face mask being called on a QB under duress before either, but I also can't recall a QB under duress using a facemask to corkscrew two defenders into the ground before stiff-arming one of the league's premier defenders into a miss.

Allen is just what Lee Smith called him - "A Freak Show" (athletically speaking).  You could tell the announcers were shaking their heads - "That's one Strong Dude"

3 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

I'm not sure it was a good call. I guess at best it was illegal contact. However, I have seen plays with much more contact than that not get called at the end of games.

It was a good game marred by poor officiating.

The DB was making contact 7-10 yards downfield, he held him at one point, and was still in contact with the ball in the air.

They could have called him for holding, illegal contact, and pass interference- all on the same play.

It was quite blatant, but they do not always make those calls.  What they called had very little difference as a hold or illegal contact would have been 5 yards to about the 7.5 yard and the PI was at outside the 3.  All of them were 1 down calls, but as was stated on the broadcast - they got the call right.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rochesterfan said:

The DB was making contact 7-10 yards downfield, he held him at one point, and was still in contact with the ball in the air.

They could have called him for holding, illegal contact, and pass interference- all on the same play.

It was quite blatant, but they do not always make those calls.  What they called had very little difference as a hold or illegal contact would have been  yards to about the 7.5 yard and the PI was at outside the 3.  All of them were 1 down calls, but as was stated on the broadcast - they got the call right.

Seth Meyers Praise GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers - Find & Share on  GIPHY

4 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

It was quite blatant, but they do not always make those calls.  What they called had very little difference as a hold or illegal contact would have been  yards to about the 7.5 yard and the PI was at outside the 3.  All of them were 1 down calls, but as was stated on the broadcast - they got the call right.

This.  

Additionally....If the ref doesn’t throw a flag, the game is over.  The Bills don’t have another chance. There was CLEARLY contact after 5 yards.  They called a penalty, maybe not the correct penalty, but a penalty nonetheless.  At this point, the Rams still have a chance to win the game.  

Everyone in the media saying that the ref decided the game.  No, if he didn’t throw the flag, the ref would’ve absolutely decided the game.  It would have been over if they didn’t throw the flag on a play in which there was blatant contact after 5 yards....which is the rule

• Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I dunno, I've seen a lot worse contact not called. A ref makes that call, it's a good bet he is handing a team a win. ofc I wanted the Bills to win, but even Allen said he hates to win that way, or so it had been reported.

We have all seen worse contact, but it was the right call.  You can't make that much contact with the receiver after 5 yards and not expect a call.   Does the ref always call it, especially in that situation, no.  It is nice to see that the bills benefitted from this with the game on line   Kuddos to the ref for throwing the flag.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I dunno, I've seen a lot worse contact not called. A ref makes that call, it's a good bet he is handing a team a win. ofc I wanted the Bills to win, but even Allen said he hates to win that way, or so it had been reported.

On the other hand - if the Ref doesn’t make the call and allows blatant contact and the defender to impede and prevent the route - is he not handing a win to the other team?

Tasker talked a lot about this on One Bills Live - the NFL (unlike Hockey) has always asked their Refs to call it the same whether there is 3 seconds gone in the 1st quarter or 3 seconds left in the game.

Many coaches though know that the Refs have a natural tendency not to want to make that call - so they teach their guys to be extra aggressive in those situations and force the Refs to make that call. (see Baltimore and even the Seahawks/Bills game 4 years ago where the DBs were all over the Bills WRs and shoving them out of bounds)

Based upon position - if the DB does not impede the progress of Davis there - that had a great chance to be a TD as he beat him to the inside and had an angle to the spot.  Davis kept fighting to get there and the DB kept moving and blocking.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, NewEra said:

This.  

Additionally....If the ref doesn’t throw a flag, the game is over.  The Bills don’t have another chance. There was CLEARLY contact after 5 yards.  They called a penalty, maybe not the correct penalty, but a penalty nonetheless.  At this point, the Rams still have a chance to win the game.  

Everyone in the media saying that the ref decided the game.  No, if he didn’t throw the flag, the ref would’ve absolutely decided the game.  It would have been over if they didn’t throw the flag on a play in which there was blatant contact after 5 yards....which is the rule

Like they did when they gifted the Rams with a non-call at the end of their playoff game with the Saints two years ago. No biggie. It only cost the Saints a chance to go to the SB. 

Screw the Rams. Maybe they should have stopped us from converting on a ridiculous 3rd and 22 that kept the drive alive. Maybe they never should have put themselves in a position to lose that game in the first place. 

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1