The Jalen Ramsey Foot In Mouth Thread

KingBoots8

46 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Are "most NFL observers" working for NFL teams?  No otherwise they would have recommended to draft Jackson even if they had a QB to trade him.

i meant ‘with hindsight” not at draft time. so Ramsey was right in his assessment about Jackson relative to a lot of guys working for nfl teams.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

Unrelated to the Ramsey part of this thread, but after watching some of those highlights I came away with a few things.  

1. Allen has improved his touch passes from year 1.  30 seconds in on his throw to Benjamin you see his attempt at a touch pass and it looks brutal, spiraling about as well as a cinderblock.  Compare that to his passes on the crossing routes this last Sunday and it doesn't even look like the same player.  Just seeing the difference in that aspect of his game is encouraging.  

2.  Anyone else NOT miss the way Shady used to hold the ball? 🤣 He looked like he was gonna lose it almost every time he touched it, yet normally came away without a fumble.

• Like (+1) 2

Crazy how much better this roster is than just two years ago. You could tell he was developing into something special right around this game. Now with a real supporting cast he is next level. 

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Every time I see video of that game it makes me sad because Robert Foster didnt pan out

It is too bad but you gotta love that the front office didn't stop trying to improve the roster while giving him a shot. 

14 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He said he doesn’t care, publically. 

Imo... He does care. He does remember. 

and I’m glad. 

The best athletes are the one's that use stuff like what Ramsey said to fuel them and work tirelessly to silence those critics.

Josh Allen is definitely that type of competitor/person 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/24/2020 at 5:26 PM, TheElectricCompany said:

Donald scares me far more than Ramsey.

Even if we have to sacrifice Smoke or Diggs to Ramsey Island, we have enough playmakers that we should still score plenty of points.

Given the way Fitz and the Fins romped on the Bills D in the 4th, they will have to.

Allen is too smart to cave into revenge games.  Allen is going to play his game and thats it.  He wont target Ramsey, but he also wont be afraid to throw his way when Diggs beats Ramsey on his route too.  

Allen is all about the team and wins, I have no doubt he won't let this affect his play, but he will enjoy beating him quite a lot.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/24/2020 at 5:27 PM, Gene1973 said:

This was years ago... Irrelevant.

Yeah.  I can't believe he hasn't been asked about that old quote leading up to this game, but I haven't seen anything.  Either he's not been asked or said nothing in response that anyone felt like quoting.

2 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Yeah.  I can't believe he hasn't been asked about that old quote leading up to this game, but I haven't seen anything.  Either he's not been asked or said nothing in response that anyone felt like quoting.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/25/jalen-ramsey-has-changed-his-opinion-of-josh-allen-from-trash-to-talented/amp/

I mean he definitely was right about Jackson.  And on paper, Allen’s college resume kinda sucked. 99% of guys with that resume suck in the nfl so if Allen does succeed, he is the extreme exception rather than the norm.  

but in football, I really never understood publicly blasting player.  I think it was kinda of a gimmick for Ramsey to be a “villain” but he got paid, is in LA, and has probably chilled out. Plus, Allen has killed it through 2 weeks.  You’re better off going the Belichick way and saying how dangerous Josh Reed and Chris Kelsey are.

3 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I would LOVE to see Allen not only complete some huge throws on this guy but also take him out with a stiff arm while scrambling for a TD

I’d rather see the passing because last time, it wasn’t a great passing game.  Ramsey is very good but he is a bearable.  I’m assuming he will have Diggs though and it might just be easier to pick on the other cbs.