The Jalen Ramsey Foot In Mouth Thread

KingBoots8

1 minute ago, Seasons1992 said:

"I remembah........because I was there!"

Still amazed the girl I was with scoped the play before I saw it and yelled "HE'S GOT HIM!"

That’s my kinda girl!

I was with my wife when we passed a marginally attractive young  lady wearing a shirt that said “I Speak Football” on the front. We both saw her and she said to me “you think that’s hot, don’t you.” I could not lie. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Beast said:

The NFL needs villains like Ramsey.

What a boring league it would be if we didn't have players running their mouths about the opposition.

With that said, Jalen....who's your daddy?

JA17 B word.

Give me excitement via plays by the likes of lamar Jackson, Allen, Mahomes and Derrick Henry any day over trash talk. The latter does nothing to my enjoyment of the sport. But of course, thats IMO

Didn’t know some of y’all had a side gig as members of the fun police. Relax, it’s just a little levity before the game.

I’m sure Josh probably doesn’t care what Jalen has to say, but let’s not pretend that throwing a few darts over his head wouldn’t be a good time for him. Knowing the kind of person Josh is, and being the leader that he is on the team, he only cares about winning. He’s spent his entire career working on getting better and shutting up his critics- Sunday won’t be any different. 

18 minutes ago, Beast said:

The NFL needs villains like Ramsey.

What a boring league it would be if we didn't have players running their mouths about the opposition.

With that said, Jalen....who's your daddy?

JA17 B word.

I don't really care about that stuff. I just legitimately enjoy the game itself. All the extra drama is just noise to me.

JA is team above me as that is part of "the process." That being said, he knows what he said. Is he worried about it or thinking about it probably not. But I think about it and Josh in "my quarterback man" so I personally hope Ramsey gets slaughtered this weekend. That will be the end of it for good.

I honestly believe he only cares about his team winning and isn’t out to make some diva smack talker his team has already beaten eat some words or do it again.

but; I think he hears it, and his swag just gets a little saltier. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

6 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Y’know, Ramsey still is a good corner... proceed with caution here.. Allen needs to know where Jalen Ramsey is at all times.. Sure, I think Diggs can torch the living daylights out of him but a lot of that will have to be from clever play designs and tricky play calling.. very possible, but we’re going against Jalen Ramsey.... we gotta be creative.. 

Very good point. Josh doesn't strike me as a vengeance over team win type of player. If he deliberately tries to go after Ramsey it'd be a mistake. If the receiver is open, great. I'm sure he'd rather take the W than an impressive stat line at Jalen's expense. 

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Proceed with caution as to what? I don't see people saying Ramsey is a bad football player, they're just saying he's a garbage human. That's fair enough. 

Garbage human? Wow, that’s going overboard in my opinion. 

He’s a guy who’s put out on an island and is expected to protect it: that takes swagger. I would expect confidence to exude from our shutdown corner...and it does...he just verbalizes it differently. 

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just to put the record straight, Ramsey's comments were NOT just about Josh Allen's high school tweets, it was about his draft position and his play at Wyoming:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25378440/did-enough-win-matters

"Ramsey called Allen "trash" in an August GQ magazine piece while explaining why he thought the 2018 NFL draft was "a little off." He wondered why Lamar Jackson wasn't the second quarterback drafted if teams were so enamored with the athleticism, charisma, mobility and big-play ability of No. 1 overall pick Baker Mayfield.

Jackson ended up being the fifth quarterback drafted in the first round last April. The New York Jets selected Sam Darnold third overall, the Bills took Allen at No. 7, and Arizona took Josh Rosen 10th. Baltimore selected Jackson with the last pick in the first round."

"I think Allen is trash," Ramsey said in the GQ piece that was published Aug. 15. "I don't care what nobody say. He's trash. And it's gonna show too. That's a stupid draft pick to me. We play them this year, and I'm excited as hell. I hope he's their starting quarterback. He played at Wyoming. Every time they played a big school -- like, they played Iowa State, which is not a big school in my opinion because I went to Florida State, and he threw five interceptions, and they lost by a couple touchdowns or something like that. He never beat a big school.

"If you look at his games against big schools, it was always hella interceptions, hella turnovers. It's like: 'Yo, if you're this good, why couldn't you do better?' He fits that mold, he's a big, tall quarterback. Big arm, supposedly. I don't see it, personally."

Allen didn't play against Iowa State while he was at Wyoming, but he did complete only 50 percent of his passes for 427 yards and one touchdown with eight interceptions in games against Nebraska, Iowa and Oregon. Wyoming lost those three contests by a combined 92 points.

Ramsey is still a looney tune, but his bigger point is correct, Lamar Jackson should have been drafted higher.

Edited by CSBill

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just to put the record straight, Ramsey's comments were NOT just about Josh Allen's high school tweets, it was about his draft position and his play at Wyoming:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25378440/did-enough-win-matters

"Ramsey called Allen "trash" in an August GQ magazine piece while explaining why he thought the 2018 NFL draft was "a little off." He wondered why Lamar Jackson wasn't the second quarterback drafted if teams were so enamored with the athleticism, charisma, mobility and big-play ability of No. 1 overall pick Baker Mayfield.

Jackson ended up being the fifth quarterback drafted in the first round last April. The New York Jets selected Sam Darnold third overall, the Bills took Allen at No. 7, and Arizona took Josh Rosen 10th. Baltimore selected Jackson with the last pick in the first round."

"I think Allen is trash," Ramsey said in the GQ piece that was published Aug. 15. "I don't care what nobody say. He's trash. And it's gonna show too. That's a stupid draft pick to me. We play them this year, and I'm excited as hell. I hope he's their starting quarterback. He played at Wyoming. Every time they played a big school -- like, they played Iowa State, which is not a big school in my opinion because I went to Florida State, and he threw five interceptions, and they lost by a couple touchdowns or something like that. He never beat a big school.

"If you look at his games against big schools, it was always hella interceptions, hella turnovers. It's like: 'Yo, if you're this good, why couldn't you do better?' He fits that mold, he's a big, tall quarterback. Big arm, supposedly. I don't see it, personally."

Allen didn't play against Iowa State while he was at Wyoming, but he did complete only 50 percent of his passes for 427 yards and one touchdown with eight interceptions in games against Nebraska, Iowa and Oregon. Wyoming lost those three contests by a combined 92 points.

FWIW, Bills fans aside, most NFL observers will agree that Jackson shd have gone before Josh - so Ramsey was right about Jackson being drafted lower than he shd have been.

That being said, rest of what he said in GQ was complete trash. He looked up Josh’s box scores and not who he was playing with at Wyoming. 

1 hour ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

FWIW, Bills fans aside, most NFL observers will agree that Jackson shd have gone before Josh - so Ramsey was right about Jackson being drafted lower than he shd have been.

That being said, rest of what he said in GQ was complete trash. He looked up Josh’s box scores and not who he was playing with at Wyoming. 

Are "most NFL observers" working for NFL teams?  No otherwise they would have recommended to draft Jackson even if they had a QB to trade him.