The Jalen Ramsey Foot In Mouth Thread

KingBoots8

Let’s take a journey back to that strange time of 2018, when face masks weren’t an EDC item for people, and life was simpler... to a time when a loudmouth opinionated corner got his mouth shut by a certain AFC POTW. Observe exhibit A above, which highlights the plays from the game (also- a rare Kelvin Benjamin sighting!)

followed by this gem, exhibit B.

Yes Jalen, everyone is allowed to have an opinion- but yours is trash. “It’s best to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt”

Hope Josh circled this one on the calendar. Let’s get that W boys!

Just to put the record straight, Ramsey's comments were NOT just about Josh Allen's high school tweets, it was about his draft position and his play at Wyoming:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25378440/did-enough-win-matters

"Ramsey called Allen "trash" in an August GQ magazine piece while explaining why he thought the 2018 NFL draft was "a little off." He wondered why Lamar Jackson wasn't the second quarterback drafted if teams were so enamored with the athleticism, charisma, mobility and big-play ability of No. 1 overall pick Baker Mayfield.

Jackson ended up being the fifth quarterback drafted in the first round last April. The New York Jets selected Sam Darnold third overall, the Bills took Allen at No. 7, and Arizona took Josh Rosen 10th. Baltimore selected Jackson with the last pick in the first round."

"I think Allen is trash," Ramsey said in the GQ piece that was published Aug. 15. "I don't care what nobody say. He's trash. And it's gonna show too. That's a stupid draft pick to me. We play them this year, and I'm excited as hell. I hope he's their starting quarterback. He played at Wyoming. Every time they played a big school -- like, they played Iowa State, which is not a big school in my opinion because I went to Florida State, and he threw five interceptions, and they lost by a couple touchdowns or something like that. He never beat a big school.

"If you look at his games against big schools, it was always hella interceptions, hella turnovers. It's like: 'Yo, if you're this good, why couldn't you do better?' He fits that mold, he's a big, tall quarterback. Big arm, supposedly. I don't see it, personally."

Allen didn't play against Iowa State while he was at Wyoming, but he did complete only 50 percent of his passes for 427 yards and one touchdown with eight interceptions in games against Nebraska, Iowa and Oregon. Wyoming lost those three contests by a combined 92 points.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Josh spoke to this the other day 

it means nothing to him.  

I would bet that it matters...a little to him.  I think Allen is super polished when it comes to media interactions.  He rarely, if ever, gives "bulletin board material".  It wouldn't surprise me if he still thinks about it if/when he plays against Ramsey.  Shoot, Brady still cared about being drafted in the 6th round...like 15 years later lol.  I think uber competitive people file this type of stuff away.

Edited by Johnnycage46
  • Like (+1) 6

I had forgotten about this. Because it's not important unless you take these things personally. Why don't we go after everyone who said Josh isn't going to be good? It's not like he called your mom disperaging name. 

Sensitive much?

2 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I would bet that it matters...a little to him.  I think Allen is super polished when it comes to media interactions.  He rarely, if ever, gives "bulletin board material".  I wouldn't surprise me if he still thinks about it if/when he plays against Ramsey.  Shoot, Brady still cared about being drafted in the 6th round...like 15 years later lol.  I think uber competitive people file this type of stuff away.

Agreed. Josh says exactly what McD would prefer him and all of his players to say.  

Knowing JA’s competitive fire, I’d bet that he’s looks to truck his *** into the dirt if he gets a one on one opportunity.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Y’know, Ramsey still is a good corner... proceed with caution here.. Allen needs to know where Jalen Ramsey is at all times.. Sure, I think Diggs can torch the living daylights out of him but a lot of that will have to be from clever play designs and tricky play calling.. very possible, but we’re going against Jalen Ramsey.... we gotta be creative.. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

He would say that, of course, don’t want to add any motivation to Ramsey. But you know it’s a little sweeter to beat that guy deep than your run of the mill cornerback. 

Yes. 

Kyle Van Noy took a little shot at Josh Allen after the Patriots game last year:

https://www.masslive.com/patriots/2019/09/kyle-van-noy-on-bills-qb-josh-allen-he-didnt-know-what-we-were-doing.html

"“He didn’t know what we were doing. He looked shook back there,” Van Noy said."

I kinda expect a little trash may have been talked Van Noy's way after Josh knocked him down last Sunday: "Shake this"

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

As a competitive person you better believe it matters because you always want to stick those words right up his “trash”. You always want to remember so there is no way he’s going to open up his mouth again. Allen is going to test him so he has the chance to shut him up even more so Ramsey can’t say “well he never threw it my way”. 

52 minutes ago, section122 said:

The throw on a rope to Foster was one of the plays his rookie year that gave me a lot of hope Josh could be the man.  He was getting tackled and still got that ball right to where it needed to be!

"I remembah........because I was there!"

Still amazed the girl I was with scoped the play before I saw it and yelled "HE'S GOT HIM!"

• Awesome! (+1) 1