John Brown added to the injury report

twist_to_open

Didn't seem to affect his performance last week:

The wideout was on the injury report last week because of his foot as well. He didn’t practice on Wednesday before getting in full practices the next two days and caught four passes for 82 yards and a touchdown in last Sunday’s win over the Dolphins.

27 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

It's very obvious McDermott is playing games with the injury report. The injury stuff is one thing I really dislike about him.

Wow. You let that bother you?

I like it, personally. I want him to say nothing of substance to the media.

His job isn't to entertain you. He is paid to win games. The business as a whole is entertainment, but that's not the head coach's role.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

Does he think he's fooling other teams by having Brown on the injury report and then playing him? It just doesn't make any sense. There is an arrogance there that bothers me.

Arrogance? What are you talking about? The bills just got investigated for not having a player on the injury report last year, so they are going to put everything on there this year, even if it is minor.

I'd say get over it, but it sounds like you made up your mind about McDermott long ago.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, twist_to_open said:

He has missed every Wednesday practice since he joined the Bills. Last week he missed Wednesday (foot) and practiced Thursday/Friday. This week, he practiced Wednesday but Beasley was out. I think today may have been his day off and he practiced yesterday so they had enough starters out there.  He may have a foot thing but doubt it’s enough to keep him out. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Does he think he's fooling other teams by having Brown on the injury report and then playing him? It just doesn't make any sense. There is an arrogance there that bothers me.

Gene, I suggest a healthy dose of perspective here.  Injury reports have been and always will be a form of gamesmanship in professional sports.  The margins are so slim in the NFL; it’s true that any advantage gained could make the difference between winning and losing.  As fans we want to know every detail but we have no basis for demanding it.

Also, the NFL has in recent years been much more strict on insisting that teams put players on the injury report when they don’t participate fully in practice.

The way McD and the Bills handle the injury report has absolutely nothing to do with “arrogance.”

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Every team has players who appear on the injury report at some point during the week and play on Sunday. The only thing that matters is the Friday game designation. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He has missed every Wednesday practice since he joined the Bills. Last week he missed Wednesday (foot) and practiced Thursday/Friday. This week, he practiced Wednesday but Beasley was out. I think today may have been his day off and he practiced yesterday so they had enough starters out there.  He may have a foot thing but doubt it’s enough to keep him out. 

You're probably right, just a foot injury could linger, we'll see how he looks Sunday.