Cover1: Week 2 Breakdown... WOW!

DrDawkinstein

Another great hour+ long video deep-diving into Josh's game from last week. Some big eye-opening stuff in here. From the performance of our OL, to Josh making reads and moving WITHIN the pocket, to our WRs showing their talents on creating space and getting open.

Plus, breakdown of the big plays we all missed during the "Technical Difficulties"

Some highlights for me:

19:40 - Deep pass to Beasely. Quote "This is a throw that transcends the talent they are facing" Paging @Shaw66

22:11 - McKenizie's 46 yarder. Big gain, but again pointing out that Josh may have missed a "better target". Much like JT pointed out on the Knox throw. This is not a knock on Josh, this is good tape analysis. While they point out the miss of Singletary, they also call the play a possible "Top 3 of Josh's career so far".

27:09 - Breakdown of the Diggs TD. The way Diggs resets his route after getting bumped by Van Noy, and instantly goes from being well covered to completely open. THIS type of stuff is what makes him one of the best WRs in the game, and shows what we have been missing in our previous WR groups. He gets bumped, resets, and that HAND GOES UP!

LETS GOOOOO!

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I would really enjoy spending an hour watching the breakdown of Allen's game on Sunday.  Unfortunately my job and family get in the way.  I will have to rely on others at TBD to fill me on on what it shows.  Thanks to the OP for posting this and pointing out some of the highlights!  Let's hope Josh can continue his fine play against a stronger defense in the Rams.

4 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I just looked also and couldn’t find it. Perhaps in my delirium I was thinking of last weeks. 

As I said, it is a great watch. Those guys are thorough to the nth degree. 

That was my thread last week, I do what I want! :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I would really enjoy spending an hour watching the breakdown of Allen's game on Sunday.  Unfortunately my job and family get in the way.  I will have to rely on others at TBD to fill me on on what it shows.  Thanks to the OP for posting this and pointing out some of the highlights!  Let's hope Josh can continue his fine play against a stronger defense in the Rams.

You gotta get your priorities straight. Josh is on an MVP campaign! :thumbsup:

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

27:09 - Breakdown of the Diggs TD. The way Diggs resets his route after getting bumped by Van Noy, and instantly goes from being well covered to completely open. THIS type of stuff is what makes him one of the best WRs in the game, and shows what we have been missing in our previous WR groups. He gets bumped, resets, and that HAND GOES UP!

Agree 100%.  The things that Diggs does, his work ethic, his preparation, they are elite in every sense of the word.  His competitive spirit, fiery attitude, leadership, are all INFECTIOUS, and I love hearing so many teammates that he makes them want to be better.  I was one of the few who felt we gave up wayyy too much to get him, and now just two weeks into the season, I'd give up two first rounders lickety split for him.

And with regard to that play, it's just a thing of beauty how he was able to reset and shift so quickly, yet making it look effortless.  He makes corners look downright foolish, play after play.  IMO, he's the finest route runner in the NFL.  He runs his routes with an absolute surgical precision.  

So glad he's on our side.  Please forgive me for such a unicorn/sunshine/lollipops prediction, but I see no reason Josh doesn't throw for 4,500 yards and Diggs doesn't top 1,400 yards receiving.

Edited by smuvtalker
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

The first 10 seconds freaked me out.

"Wait, they're gonna talk about Josh Allen for an hour with... Josh Allen?"

Dude's a ringer.

Funny thing, I was about to say "Maybe on video chat, but probably not standing next to each other". But I just found out Nate was actually a decent HS QB at Frontier and is over 6'1" himself!

Ok, maybe it's time to follow @msw2112's lead and go do some actual work and say hi to my kid...

I posted this in the Week 3 thread with not much reaction.  To me, this is incredible! 

It's the strike to Diggs down the sideline (just 46 yards), and he has the instinctual reaction to jump slightly so his front foot isn't planted in order to avoid the injury.  He's super human....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, TPS said:

I posted this in the Week 3 thread with not much reaction.  To me, this is incredible! 

It's the strike to Diggs down the sideline (just 46 yards), and he has the instinctual reaction to jump slightly so his front foot isn't planted in order to avoid the injury.  He's super human....

Breakdown of this play starts at 42:22 in the C1 video. 👍

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Funny thing, I was about to say "Maybe on video chat, but probably not standing next to each other". But I just found out Nate was actually a decent HS QB at Frontier and is over 6'1" himself!

Ok, maybe it's time to follow @msw2112's lead and go do some actual work and say hi to my kid...

NOW is NOT the time to go all crazy on us! Save that stuff for the offseason!   :)

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

I just looked also and couldn’t find it. Perhaps in my delirium I was thinking of last weeks. 

As I said, it is a great watch. Those guys are thorough to the nth degree. 

Reported.

😉

• Haha (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, TPS said:

PFF downgraded the pass to a -2 because Josh didn’t throw from a good base. Shows footwork hasn’t improved. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

34 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

This also highlights how many times Spain got beat. 

The Bills are going to have to double Donald, leaving Spain 1on1 with his man...

Yup.  Spain was trash.  He seems like a slow starter - takes about a month or so to get into playing shape.  Hopefully that's what happens otherwise they'll bench him in favor of Feliciano when he returns.

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Go Falcons!  I am a graduate of Frontier.

With Josh slinging the ball around the yard, Devin Singletary hasn't had a big chance to showcase his running yet, but he's shown serious grit with his blocking. He was smart and stout in blitz pick-up vs. the Jets -- and what a downfield block on Isaiah McKenzie's big pass play against Miami. Just absolutely crushed the safety; great hustle play. Motor also looks noticeably thicker than last year. The kid's going to have a big year ... 

• Like (+1) 2