Dawson Knox concussion

YoloinOhio

11 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

thanks! This was actually a huge play! What a shame to fumble at the end. 

Funny thing about that play. It was coming back cause of a McKenzie hold anyways, but because of the fumble, the penalty was declined and the yards counted on Josh’s stats. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m going to guess that it will be Gilliam. Knox has taken more snaps out of the backfield this season than he has as an in-line TE. Daboll has completely changed how he is using the TEs. 

They used Kroft in that role a bunch at the end of the Dolphins game.  My guess is we see a lot of Kroft and Gilliam in that role.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Did they really?  I'll have to go look, I missed that.

Kroft has come through Big Time replacing an injured starter before.  Maybe he'll do it again.

I saw several on the 4th quarter cover 1 plays.  Not sure if it was as much as Knox, but he was in that role. 

@Hapless Bills Fan

I quickly reviewed the Cover 1 film and you can see at least 2 plays with Kroft at the HB position (43:00 minutes and 53:00 both - long pass to Diggs and TD to Brown). I would assume the play before (mis-read with Brown) Kroft was also in at HB.

Other plays they were in 10 personnel with no TE at all.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

I saw several on the 4th quarter cover 1 plays.  Not sure if it was as much as Knox, but he was in that role. 

@Hapless Bills Fan

I quickly reviewed the Cover 1 film and you can see at least 2 plays with Kroft at the HB position (43:00 minutes and 53:00 both - long pass to Diggs and TD to Brown). I would assume the play before (mis-read with Brown) Kroft was also in at HB.

Other plays they were in 10 personnel with no TE at all.

That's good to know, actually.  Last year I felt Kroft was too slow and his footwork too sluggish for this, but he was working his way back from injury so perhaps this year he is back "on form"!

16 hours ago, NewEra said:

He’s a difference maker when put in the position 80% of the time.  20% of the time he sucks

I don't think anyone can argue that fundamental point.  Some might argue the ratios, and truly they are to be determined this season.

TE is one position where I had fervently wished we'd upgraded this season.  Well, RB as well - I had hopes for Moss, we'll see.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's good to know, actually.  Last year I felt Kroft was too slow and his footwork too sluggish for this, but he was working his way back from injury so perhaps this year he is back "on form"!

I don't think anyone can argue that fundamental point.  Some might argue the ratios, and truly they are to be determined this season.

TE is one position where I had fervently wished we'd upgraded this season.  Well, RB as well - I had hopes for Moss, we'll see.

Agreed 💯 Seems like we completely ignore a position of need every year. Last year it was LB. I was shocked when Vosean (udfa Dotson) were the only additions.  That goes for TE this year with Gilliam being the only addition.  There’s only enough draft picks and cap room to go around, maybe Gilliams will be a diamond in the rough. 

regarding moss,  ugh.  Not what I had expected.  MossMode looked more like MiniMopedMode.  He looks small out there for someone that’s supposed to bruise defenses.  Reminds me of a younger Frank Gore, more specifically 34 year old Frank Gore

21 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Unleash Lee Smith.

He's never had a 100 yard game but any thing is possible.

The fact that he's never had a 100 yard season makes it seem a bit improbable.

But if you look at his season stats and think of them as game logs and his career numbers as one season, he looks like a serviceable TE.

4 hours ago, without a drought said:

He's never had a 100 yard game but any thing is possible.

The fact that he's never had a 100 yard season makes it seem a bit improbable.

But if you look at his season stats and think of them as game logs and his career numbers as one season, he looks like a serviceable TE.

But he is actually the last Bills player to catch a TD vs the Rams in Buffalo!