Could Mahomes vs Allen be the next....

TwistofFate

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Lamar has 479 passing yards in 2 games.    239.5 per game in 2020

In 2019 he averaged 208 passing YPG.  

Lamar is NOT a passing QB.  He's just been fortunate enough for defenses to spy on him and leave players wide open to score TD's.  

He has the Greg Roman offense, heavy on the run with a competent QB not afraid to pass the ball.  

They won their games by 32 and 17 points.  In the first game, he was dropping dimes.

its crazy how much this board disrespects Jackson.  Bunch of Polians.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

Tom Brady vs Peyton Manning? 

If this current trajectory continues, and it may not, but....could these two new school Qbs be the next rivalry in the NFL saga? 

Why didn't you just put "Tom Brady vs Peyton Manning?" in your thread title?  The way you wrote it makes it click bait.

3 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Roman sure knows how to get everything he can out of a QB like that. Heck, he was winning with Tyrod. Surprised the league still hasn't figured him out. 

That is the point I was trying to relay 

Sorry that you disagree @C.Biscuit97.   

I'm not saying Lamar sucks.  I'm saying he isn't a passing QB like Mahomes and Allen.  

Lamar benefits from "The Spy"leaving people open.  That aids in his success.  

I'll take Josh 10 of 10 times over Lamar.  

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They won their games by 32 and 17 points.  In the first game, he was dropping dimes.

its crazy how much this board disrespects Jackson.  Bunch of Polians.

See above.  

You read what you want to read.  That is not my problem.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Time to start rooting for the Giants, Lions & Panthers to out-tank the Jets,

Broncos will be in that group too.

Big game next Thursday night. Let's go Jets!

Edited by 716er

48 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

That is the point I was trying to relay 

Sorry that you disagree @C.Biscuit97.   

I'm not saying Lamar sucks.  I'm saying he isn't a passing QB like Mahomes and Allen.  

Lamar benefits from "The Spy"leaving people open.  That aids in his success.  

I'll take Josh 10 of 10 times over Lamar.  

See above.  

You read what you want to read.  That is not my problem.

Allen averaged 190 passing yards last year. He’s had an amazing start but if we were beating Miami by 32, he would have less yardage.  

I also think him having 240 and 2 tds against the Rams is a better game than what he did against the Jets.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'll refrain from the let's see Allen do it for a season before we anoint him (I think he will be very good).

Either way, No. It won't be possible. The NFL is currently undergoing to a revolution at the QB position. After years and years of suck, there's a lot of good young QBs. Manny/Brady were clearly in a tier of their own during their time. Right now how could you possibly say that Wilson, Rodgers, Jackson aren't included in that tier? 

For me it comes down to consistency of elite play. Brady won the division 17 out of the last 20 years. Manning essentially had two hall of fame careers throwing for more yards for the Broncos than Doug Williams did in his whole career and more TDs in that span than Matt Shaub, Michael Vick, Jim Harbaugh, Marc Bulger or Bernie Kosar did over their careers.

On any given day or any given season Rodgers & Wilson can look like the best there's ever been, but they've had stretches where their teams struggled mightily as well. They're both still cream of the crop first ballot hall of famers and somewhere in the ranking of GOAT, but they aren't at that level for me.

Jackson & Mahomes are still just babies. It certainly looks like we'll be talking about them the same way, but the stories of Andrew Luck, Michael Vick, Marc Bulger and others should be a reminder that an injury or two can completely derail a career.

Edited by BullBuchanan

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

For me it comes down to consistency of elite play. Brady won the division 17 out of the last 20 years. Manning essentially had two hall of fame careers throwing for more yards for the Broncos than Dog Williams did in his whole career and more TDs in that span than Matt Shaub, Michael Vick, Jim Harbaugh, Marc Bulger or Bernie Kosar did over their careers.

On any given day or any given season Rodgers & Wilson can look like the best there's ever been, but they've had stretches where their teams struggled mightily as well. They're both still cream of the crop first ballot hall of famers and somewhere in the ranking of GOAT, but they aren't at that level for me.

Jackson & Mahomes are still just babies. It certainly looks like we'll be talking about them the same way, but the stories of Andrew Luck, Michael Vick, Marc Bulger and others should be a reminder that an injury or two can completely derail a career.

Also the fact that one of the biggest draws of Brady/Manning was that they were in the same conference which kind of excludes Wilson and Rodgers.

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Also the fact that one of the biggest draws of Brady/Manning was that they were in the same conference which kind of excludes Wilson and Rodgers.

The seahawks are still in the NFC, right? Or are you saying Rodgers & Wilson didn't have to compete against them?

Edited by BullBuchanan

15 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

All I know is if Trevor Lawrence lands in the AFC, it will daunting to get to the SB with all these qbs. But with Josh I like our chances....

Watson is in a wasteland in Houston luckily he is going to carry that team and we will see if the newer guys like Burrow pan out. Overall Mahomes and possibly Lamar remain the big elephants in the room. Let's just hope Josh is a big game hunter metaphorically speaking.

4 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Watson is in a wasteland in Houston luckily he is going to carry that team and we will see if the newer guys like Burrow pan out. Overall Mahomes and possibly Lamar remain the big elephants in the room. Let's just hope Josh is a big game hunter metaphorically speaking.

I know its early but Burrow seems to have the "IT" factor for being a great QB. We will see if the Bengals can build the team around him.

Edited by Greg S

13 hours ago, snamsnoops said:

I'll take 2 SB wins.... Sign me up

I'd take it - although I think this next gen will be less controlled by a singular team (The Pats dynasty is an oddity due almost entirely to the rest of our division being virtually useless most of the 2 decades)