Could Mahomes vs Allen be the next....

TwistofFate

I said this in another thread and I'll just expand slightly on it. It feels like Mahomes/Lamar are the next Brady/Manning, Josh Allen imo feels like the next Big Ben, and Watson kind of feels like the next Rivers. Keep in mind I'm saying this not only looking at the QB abilities but the teams they play for and how they are built.

The season is young and this could all change, but that's how I currently see things. 

It’s very difficult to tell as all of them are young, and that rivalry develops organically.  I can see though the emergence in the AFC for fun games to talk about are Mahomes and Jackson this week.  Watson, Allen, and he hasn’t started playing yet, but a possible emerging AB after we see a year or two from now is Tua.  Now most AL QB’s don’t seem to translate their game into the NFL, but he was amazing.  Just like it’s too early to tell on Burrows.  That team just needs way too much help.

1 hour ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

I said this in another thread and I'll just expand slightly on it. It feels like Mahomes/Lamar are the next Brady/Manning, Josh Allen imo feels like the next Big Ben, and Watson kind of feels like the next Rivers. Keep in mind I'm saying this not only looking at the QB abilities but the teams they play for and how they are built.

The season is young and this could all change, but that's how I currently see things. 

I'll take 2 SB wins.... Sign me up

7 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Lamar Jackson may have something to say about that.

Lamar has 479 passing yards in 2 games.    239.5 per game in 2020

In 2019 he averaged 208 passing YPG.  

Lamar is NOT a passing QB.  He's just been fortunate enough for defenses to spy on him and leave players wide open to score TD's.  

He has the Greg Roman offense, heavy on the run with a competent QB not afraid to pass the ball.  

7 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Seems like more a conversation for week 6.

Thank you!!!  I'm a believer but lets see how long this lasts......tough slate coming up

1 hour ago, Captain Caveman said:

Well, I was just gonna ask about Drew Brees

Brees is on his way out, last season iirc.

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Lamar has 479 passing yards in 2 games.    239.5 per game in 2020

In 2019 he averaged 208 passing YPG.  

Lamar is NOT a passing QB.  He's just been fortunate enough for defenses to spy on him and leave players wide open to score TD's.  

He has the Greg Roman offense, heavy on the run with a competent QB not afraid to pass the ball.  

Roman sure knows how to get everything he can out of a QB like that. Heck, he was winning with Tyrod. Surprised the league still hasn't figured him out. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m just happy to see the torch being passed.

I’m totally bored with Brady, Brees, Rivers etc all hanging on for so long. They’ve all just figured out how to survive in the new rules of NFL standing back there and dumping the ball off (or grounding it) so that by the end of the game they don’t even need a shower. It’s not good for the sport. 

Time to move on.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

Fine by me. Two Super Bowl championships with Allen having a HOF career.

9 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

Tom Brady vs Peyton Manning? 

If this current trajectory continues, and it may not, but....could these two new school Qbs be the next rivalry in the NFL saga? 

It's only possible if and that's IF what we've seen out of Josh this year is his new norm, AND the Bills contend for championships each year.  It looks like Mahommes and the Chiefs are one half of that equation, but the Bills aren't on the same field yet.

Edited by Homey D. Clown
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

If the Jets end up with the #1 pick and they decide to move on from Darnold then say hello to this guy joining the division.

Look: Trevor Lawrence Already Getting Photoshopped Into NFL Uniform

If the Jets get the #1 pick it will MOST DEFINITELY be Lawrence. Whoever gets the #1 pick for that matter it will be Lawrence. 

Edited by H2o