Celebrities, Athletes and Other Famous Individuals on “BLM” the Organization.

DFT

I made a previous comment (now deleted) about conversations that I’ve been fortunate to be a part of with a few ex-coaches and players, regarding the social justice issues happening in the country and their honest takes/ reactions away from the cameras.  I realized that there wasn’t a thread to discuss these takes openly.  

Im blessed to do what I do, especially in today’s social climate where oars are expected to row in the same direction, always.  I’ve never been “that guy”, but I keep my opinions private (beyond forums) unless a conversation dictates otherwise.  There’s a side of the sports industry that is hidden from fans. Fans typically see what the NFL wants them to see and really, no more.  It’s not scripted per say, but like any corporation, there’s ABSOLUTELY a company line to tow.   This is why so many individuals venture out to message boards (like this) to exercise their freedom of speech where said speech would otherwise be frowned upon.  When coaches, players and personnel get candid and speak openly when the cameras are off though, there’s magic there.  You start to see that VERY FEW agree with what’s transpiring in the league.  More shocking however, is there is a growing disdain for the organization “BLM”, among these individuals, many of which are Black.  I expect more and more individuals to step forward boldly to condemn openly, what they’ve shared privately.   

I’d like to share these thoughts, tweets and posts from EVERY perspective, including those that are VERY much pro BLM the organization.   Remember, this is about BLM the organization.  I shouldn’t have to say this, but in today’s climate, it needs to be said...

I oppose this organization for reasons similar to what MW shared below.  But I welcome any and all conversations and shared posts.

Marcellus Wiley. - I love MW.  He’s a friend and just one of the all around most fun, outgoing and kind people you’ll meet.  I think he’s dead on here.   Again, my opinion.  But I’m of the camp that if an organization puts together a mission statement that shows you who they are and what they believe, you should BELIEVE THEM.   
https://mobile.twitter.com/marcelluswiley/status/1308215134679044096

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Lebron’s quote:

“I’ve never in my 35 years ever condoned violence. Never have. But I also know what’s right is right, and what’s wrong is wrong,” James told reporters. “I grew up in the inner city in a Black community in what we call the hood or the ghetto. [...] I’ve seen a lot of accounts firsthand of a lot of Black people being racially profiled because of our color. And I’ve seen it throughout my whole life.

But when you see the videos that’s going on and you can see all over the—not only my hometown but all over America—you continue to see the acts of violence toward my kind, I can’t do nothing but to speak about it and see the common denominator.

“But not one time have I ever said, ‘Let’s act violent toward cops.’ I just said that what’s going on in our community is not OK, and we fear for that, and we fear for our lives. It’s something that we go on every single day as a Black man and a Black woman and a Black kid, a Black girl. We fear. We fear that.”

Lebron comes from a place I can never fully know, with my being white.  I immensely appreciated his message above.  It needed to be said.  But as a former coach, I’ve seen the issues he’s talking about with my young players and know they exist.  My wish for LeBron though is that he forgoes that powerful and sometimes very justified anger and remembers his faith.  There’s a tremendous solution here and it was called out by a former NFL player a few weeks ago in a sidebar conversation.  The player said, “I’d love to see LeBron take a page out of shaq’s playbook and join a police force.  Take the training and identify the gaps that police officers might not be able to see from their perspective.  That’s using your platform for real change.”

I love that idea and concept.  I hope something like that lies ahead in this young man’s future, because it’s a game changer.  It over-extends beyond rhetoric and delves directly into action.  

Edited by DFT
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LB3 said:

You should have seen the Shoutbox a week or two ago. The talking points were in full effect. "BLM isn't a Marxist movement, it's just a website"

That’s truly unfortunate, but it’s not at all truthful.  BLM is a full-fledged organization with a 501c3 and all.  TheirEIN is 47-4143254. That’s not for a wesbsite - PS I know you know that, it’s just astounding how quickly people spread falsities without a simple search.  Who’s behind the organization is a debatable topic (meaning I have no clue myself beyond suspicion).  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The misinformation is astounding.

The misinformation is so bad I’m not even angry at the people who buy into it. They have every reasonable right to believe CNN will give them the unbiased truth if that’s all they watch. Seriously. So, Jack Dorsey said liberals only follow liberals on Twitter...I believe this is a pattern of the flock and they only listen to the progressive prospective and that they’re so trained to call every conservative pov ‘racist’ or a lie that they’re literally only getting one perspective. And I’m mad at the media because they’re gaslighting their audience and they know it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DFT said:

That’s truly unfortunate, but it’s not at all truthful.  BLM is a full-fledged organization with a 501c3 and all.  TheirEIN is 47-4143254. That’s not for a wesbsite - PS I know you know that, it’s just astounding how quickly people spread falsities without a simple search.  Who’s behind the organization is a debatable topic (meaning I have no clue myself beyond suspicion).  

Who would you have a suspicion of being behind the organization?

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Who would you have a suspicion of being behind the organization?

I really don’t know and don’t want to share based on speculation.  I never want to be “that guy” that starts rumor-driven thinking because I can’t say for sure it’s truthful.   I don’t want to speak with an authority I just don’t have.  I’m like everyone else...  Curious based off personal observations.

8 hours ago, DFT said:

Let's apply your tortured logic here.  You can't ascribe to the idea that black lives matter because somebody put together a 501 (c) (3) bearing the name, published a web site, and attached an EIN to the organization.  That is, you push every mention of that phrase under that umbrella.  

So let's turn the tables and apply the same broad brush to you.  You support Trump.  Trump supports the Charlottesville racists.  Therefore Trump is a racist.  And because you support Trump, therefore you, too, are a racist.  

Fair?  Hardly.  I don't know you to be a racist.  You certainly have some stupid ideas, but there is no basis to broadly paint you as a racist.  Yet it's the same tactic that you use to discredit the point that black lives do matter.  

8 hours ago, Dragoon said:

The misinformation is so bad I’m not even angry at the people who buy into it. They have every reasonable right to believe CNN will give them the unbiased truth if that’s all they watch. Seriously. So, Jack Dorsey said liberals only follow liberals on Twitter...I believe this is a pattern of the flock and they only listen to the progressive prospective and that they’re so trained to call every conservative pov ‘racist’ or a lie that they’re literally only getting one perspective. And I’m mad at the media because they’re gaslighting their audience and they know it. 

Do you harbor the same anger with respect to Fox News and OAN?

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Let's apply your tortured logic here.  You can't ascribe to the idea that black lives matter because somebody put together a 501 (c) (3) bearing the name, published a web site, and attached an EIN to the organization.  That is, you push every mention of that phrase under that umbrella.  

So let's turn the tables and apply the same broad brush to you.  You support Trump.  Trump supports the Charlottesville racists.  Therefore Trump is a racist.  And because you support Trump, therefore you, too, are a racist.  

Fair?  Hardly.  I don't know you to be a racist.  You certainly have some stupid ideas, but there is no basis to broadly paint you as a racist.  Yet it's the same tactic that you use to discredit the point that black lives do matter.  

Do you harbor the same anger with respect to Fox News and OAN?

This is a perfect illustration why you're a horrible human being whose words incite more violence.

You take on a poster who openly says he doesn't want to speculate on something that he isn't 100% certain, and you introduce a known falsehood to goad him into a fake discussion.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Trump supports the Charlottesville racists.  Therefore Trump is a racist.  And because you support Trump, therefore you, too, are a racist.  

You’re either misinformed or you’re a complicit liar. 

Trump never said anything racist in regards to Charlottesville. 

Ya know I didn’t vote for him in 2016 because I was convinced that Trump was very orange and bad...I believed the accusations but then I started looking into them and there’s never anything to them...just baseless accusations. 

https://www.politifact.com/article/2019/apr/26/context-trumps-very-fine-people-both-sides-remarks/

You just come off as a liar to people who know what he said. 

And I’m sick of people appointing themselves high judges on racism. Progressives just walk around and say ‘agree with me or you’re a racist.’ Man....what an authoritarian/unAmerican tactic. That’s bad. That’s pathetic. 

Edited by Dragoon
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, GG said:

This is a perfect illustration why you're a horrible human being whose words incite more violence.

You take on a poster who openly says he doesn't want to speculate on something that he isn't 100% certain, and you introduce a known falsehood to goad him into a fake discussion.

What’s amazing about his post is he sums up extreme liberal logic and forced conclusions perfectly, for everyone to see.

C Section has no agenda, neither does Tibs, outside of goading.  I’ve seen enough to honestly believe that they are truly both conservatives that come to a football site to spam, troll and instigate.  You need only go through a poster’s history to learn the truth about them.  I did that well-before ever sharing, which is why I used to entertain them.

Want to hear something REALLY amazing?  C Section has a few ancient posts where he talked football.  He talks about former Bills players in those conversations.  What he doesn’t realize is how respected his president is to the players he references.  How Jim Kelly would be in a VERY different circumstance if not for Donald Trump’s help.  Or how The Buffalo Bills would be a Toronto team if Trump didn’t bid, drive up their price and influence the Pegulas in their need to purchase.  Oh the things the average fan doesn’t know.  

Oh, and C Section also has unknowingly mentioned me (flatteringly) by my real name in his posting history before he became a lunatic.  He has no idea how humorous that is to me.  He hates me as a poster, but apparently loves me in real life.  It goes to show you truly never know who’s typing behind the keyboard.  

He’s not at all what he pretends to be.   Not even close.   

Edited by DFT
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Dragoon said:

Not sure I take your meaning. Was everything after unnecessary or did I write something inaccurate?

I think GG is saying you nailed C Section in that single comment.   Perfectly stated.  He IS a liar.  The worst kind.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dragoon said:

Not sure I take your meaning. Was everything after unnecessary or did I write something inaccurate?

It was accurate, but definitely an unnecessary reply to a proven liar who's on a mission to tear down.

Just now, DFT said:

I think GG is saying you nailed C Section in that single comment.   Perfectly stated.  He IS a liar.  The worst kind.

The irony of course is his statement that he's here only to expose other posters' lies.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GG said:

It was accurate, but definitely an unnecessary reply to a proven liar who's on a mission to tear down.

The irony of course is his statement that he's here only to expose other posters' lies.

Look at his history going back to when he joined.  You’ll see tremendous comedy in who he pretends to be now.   Tibs too.   

• Like (+1) 1