I was WRONG about Josh Allen

Zerovoltz

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Cool story, bro...but nobody cares...

We’re all Bills fans and want what’s best for the team...so, you can go on your phony virtue signaling tour, as you try to rehash the way that most of the fan base felt in years passed...but nobody cares...

Why? Because right now, Josh Allen is playing lights out, and in this moment, all of Bills nation is “over the moon” as we ride this wave! 👍

The only thing phony is you bro; character assassinating your QB and fellow human stating he hadn't proved anything at any level.  Lastly, you don't speak for the most of the fan base, just a select few!

1 minute ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

The only thing phony is you bro; character assassinating your QB and fellow human stating he hadn't proved anything at any level.  Lastly, you don't speak for the most of the fan base, just a select few!

Based on your definition, I don’t think you have the proper understanding of what character assassination is...This could be the leading cause for why you’re getting so worked up over nothing.

12 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

4. Were quickly won over by the person and his story and his Buffalo guy persona. 

While it helps that he's having 300- and 400-yard games, I can't tell you how much this side of Allen impresses me. 

Not sure if you caught it, but at a recent interview post-Jets game, a reporter asked him something to the effect of "Have you given thought to what your career would be like if you were picked by the NY team," to which Allen replied with a Buddy Christ wink and point, "I AM on a NY team."

The dude clearly has embraced the city and fans, which I think is huge for the city.

image.jpeg.c7d92cd861846fd7de498fec20a3cd1b.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

While it helps that he's having 300- and 400-yard games, I can't tell you how much this side of Allen impresses me. 

Not sure if you caught it, but at a recent interview post-Jets game, a reporter asked him something to the effect of "Have you given thought to what your career would be like if you were picked by the NY team," to which Allen replied with a Buddy Christ wink and point, "I AM on a NY team."

The dude clearly has embraced the city and fans, which I think is huge for the city.

image.jpeg.c7d92cd861846fd7de498fec20a3cd1b.jpeg

Ha. I had not seen that, no. Thx. It’s hard to find anything off the field not to love about the guy. That plays a big part. Of course, on the field is what matters and right now he’s got that steamrolling too. 

14 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

I WAS WRONG ABOUT JOSH ALLEN.  I'll be having that crow now. 

Me too. And I was loud about it, here and beyond. My friend, also a Bills fan, does a radio show in North Carolina and has me on yearly to talk about the draft a few days before it happens. I'm no expert, but it's fun to play one on radio. That archived show features my screaming (we're talking Skip Bayless/Stephen A. level coherence levels of screaming) about how dumb the Bills would be to take Josh Allen. However, after the draft, I slowly read more about Allen and was impressed by what he had overcome and by stories he was considered the leader of the QBs at the combine (which ostensibly is a group of leaders), and decided maybe there's more there and that I would be open-minded. By the Minnesota game, I was convinced that he at least had a chance to be something great. It's been exciting to watch him grow. I wish I could say he was my first choice and I knew, but I definitely was very, very wrong -- and am so glad I was.

12 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Based on your definition, I don’t think you have the proper understanding of what character assassination is...This could be the leading cause for why you’re getting so worked up over nothing.

I'm not worked up at all; just called out your BS statement.  Maybe you can explain how someone who hasn't proved anything at all at any level is considered to be the first overall pick after his first season at Wyoming in 2016 per Adam Schefter, and eventually taken 7th overall after his 2017 season at Wyoming.  Explain that or retract your statement!

I was skeptical and thought Rosen was a safer pick. Went to his first start against the Chargers and Josh threw some deep out on a rope like a 40-50 yard throw and I audibly gasped. From then on, I knew he had a shot to be really special. The Vikings game the next week just showed just how athletic he was and what he was capable of.

Its been bumpy at times, but from that one throw, I had a feeling he was going to be great

8 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

I'm not worked up at all; just called out your BS statement.  Maybe you can explain how someone who hasn't proved anything at all at any level is considered to be the first overall pick after his first season at Wyoming in 2016 per Adam Schefter, and eventually taken 7th overall after his 2017 season at Wyoming.  Explain that or retract your statement!

Just let it out, Aldo...just let it out...I’m right there, by your side, brother...just give it to Jesus...just give it to Jesus (whispering)...

image.png.270d0854f2f58575b58f52be1fcbbab4.png

Edited by JaCrispy

I repeatedly said during the 2018 draft that I didn't have a dog in the "who do you want as QB" fight.

Beane was new and it was going to be the biggest pick of his GM life.

When I heard Beane wanted Josh Allen from the start and ended up getting him I said, "OK, I'll back him for 3 years".

Josh was so behind the learning/experience curve that he deserved that much of a chance.

Josh Allen's rise at QB is wonderful and the credit should be spread to all involved.  Josh, Brandon, Sean, Daboll and all the coaches both in and out

of the organization all deserve a tip-of-the-hat!  His teammates encouraging him along the way too.

@Zerovoltz, It seems like destiny that Mahomes and Allen have a great rivalry ahead of them for many reasons!

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Just let it out, Aldo...just let it out...I’m right there, by your side, brother...just give it to Jesus...just give it to Jesus...

image.png.270d0854f2f58575b58f52be1fcbbab4.png

It's understand you don't have the mental aptitude to rationalize your statement, retract it, or even say it was a poor choice of words.  Says a lot more about you than me.  

14 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

I joined this board, after the trade that allowed KC to select Patrick Mahomes and have stuck around the last few years to see how things played out.  I hung out here, speculating about all the 2018 QB's, the draft manuvering, and watched you guys all debate and discuss who you wanted the Bills to take. .....when the Bills took Allen.....I came here and put in my 2 cents.  I did NOT think Allen would make it as an NFL QB.  I was on the side of the debate that said, his completion pct is who he is, and who he's going to be.  I didn't think he could improve enough to be much more than an enticiing novelty.  I posted that opinion here numerous times.

I am here today to tell you.....to admit....the I was WRONG.  While I've always enjoyed watching Allen play, I'd always thought he'd ultimately be a flash in the pan in the big picture as time wore on.  He's not.  He's legit.  He's taken a big leap each season he's been in the NFL.  It's a credit to him, and especially to your coaching staff for identifying the talent, and the potential, and then actually getting Allen to progress.  I want to thank you all for allowing me to be a part of your community and give my opinion.  I have enjoyed it, and will continue to pop in from time to time.  I'm sure I'll be around when KC plays the Bills...that should be fun.  Anyhow....one more time....

I WAS WRONG ABOUT JOSH ALLEN.  I'll be having that crow now. 

This here is being a MAN.

• Like (+1) 1

Is this where I get to say I told you so to all the wrong Josh meltdowns?  Hehehe

I took a lot of crap for constantly telling people Josh Rosen was easily the worst QB among the top 5 or 6 expected to go in the first round.  

Not only was I certain and thrilled the pick at 7 was going to be Allen, but I had also started a thread titled “My case for Lamar” who I was also high on and stated we could stay put without trading up and get him too.

I’m thrilled I was right about Josh, but wish I was wrong about Lamar so Baltimore wouldn’t be so good haha

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

It's understand you don't have the mental aptitude to rationalize your statement, retract it, or even say it was a poor choice of words.  Says a lot more about you than me.  

Meh, I like your arts & crafts post better...

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

I was assured he was the next Aaron Donald.

Even if you were (I'm not sure that is true) surely he doesn't have to be the best defensive player in the entire league before you accept you were wrong? Otherwise maybe the Allen crow eaters should hold their horses if that is the standard....