I was WRONG about Josh Allen

Zerovoltz

1 minute ago, StHustle said:

Must be real easy to admit this with Mahomes as your QB. 

.....that doesn't have anything to do with it.....   It's easy to admit this because Allen has completely exceeded what I thought he'd be....if you go back and look at what I thought would happen.....it's easy to admit because I was clearly wrong about it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I was a baker/ Rosen guy

My whole issue with Allen was in the Iowa game I got really put off by him. I thought he was scatter shot, erratic and just not a natural smooth qb... 

His progress from the beginning of his rookie year, to the end. The jump he took in year 2, and now a massive leap in year 3 is really amazing... 

His leap this year reminds me of the leap jo e burrow took in his jr to Sr year at LSU 

Edited by AirAllenPower
  • Like (+1) 4

I was against the pick the moment it was announced because a lot of people were saying he couldn't throw with touch at all, but got on board the moment I saw highlights of him throwing with touch at the senior bowl the night of the draft (didn't pay really any attention to the leadup to the draft that year).

Dude literally did the thing everyone said he could not physically do, and he did it with a weeks worth of coaching...showed people were stuck in a narrative.

I don't think he's arrived yet though by any means, teams are going to start taking away what's been working, but he clearly improved his footwork and knowledge of the game. Also, he has so much more room for growth to go, it's wild!

• Like (+1) 2

I was one of the very few who thought we should've traded down, and taken Lamar Jackson. I didn't like either Josh, and I thought Mayfield, and Darnold were both out of reach. As an extra bonus for ridicule, I opined that we should've kept Tyrod Taylor to be Jackson's mentor. I only posted this opinion a couple times, as I was soundly flamed both times. I can't say that I'm particularly ashamed of that take, but in retrospect, I prefer being a fan of Josh Allen. He's turning into everything I want my quarterback to be.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, AirAllenPower said:

I was a baker/ Rosen guy

My whole issue with Allen was in the Iowa game I got really put off by him. I thought he was scatter shot, erratic and just not a natural smooth qb... 

His progress from the beginning of his rookie year, to the end. The jump he took in year 2, and now a massive leap in year 3 is really amazing... 

His leap this year reminds me of the leap jo e burrow took in his jr to Sr year at LSU 

This was me too. I was wrong. Josh was the guy (outside of Lamar). 

I was over the moon when we grabbed him and then Edmunds.  I was jumping up and down..  It was the two guys I targeted and I'm never right.  I was onboard from the get go.  He just struck me as a Buffalo QB.  The one I completely got wrong was Lamar Jackson.  

• Like (+1) 3

Did not like the pick at all. A lot of people dogged him then and some still do. Beane and McD saw something in him. They saw that fire in his heart. And I remember Trent Dilfer saying watch out for the guy that has been told "No, you can't do it" your whole life. Josh has that Son of Odin in him. I think he is just scratching the surface. 

Edited by Raleigh • √eff
  • Like (+1) 2