Updated MVP Odds: Allen is tied for 9th

IgotBILLStopay

Mvp just isnt very realistic this year. We would have to win 13+ games and with how tough are schedule is I can't see it happening. Doesn't mean we are not super bowl contenders or that allen will never have a real shot, I just don't think this is the year.

Edited by Process

I may be wrong but it appears to be more of a popularity contest than value driven award, or is it just me being me? 

14 hours ago, Augie said:

I suppose much will have to do with which QB wins the most games. I also suppose all the other positions will have to just cash their checks and be happy. I’d rather Allen win the Super Bowl MVP!!!   

Unless a RB breaks some important record, it's almost a given the MVP simply goes to the QB of the team with the best record.  The MVP odds tracking basically doubles as the odds of who will have the first playoff seeds.

15 hours ago, Midwest1981 said:

Unless there's a downturn in his play or the Seahawks' record, it's hard to see anyone other than Wilson winning it this year.  In addition to eye-popping stats, like Mahomes in 2018 & Lamar last year, the ability to craft a narrative is critical (Mahomes being so prolific and taking the league by storm as a first-year starter, "Second-year jump!" for Lamar, etc.).  And the "Wow, Russell Wilson has never received an MVP vote!?!?" narrative is off and running, not to mention repeated everywhere, and probably won't be derailed.

That's what it seems, to me at least, that there's been an absolute barage of Russell Wilson for MVP so far everywhere in the national media.

Now, I'm not here to say he isn't an elite QB, nor should he not be in the discussion. I think he is usually underrated and not given all the credit he deserves.  And I was as surprised as anyone to learn that he never received an MVP vote before.

But only two weeks have been played so far, no one has shown enough to run away with the conversation yet. And there's Mahomes/Jackson duel that will probably be epic just this weekend.

Just seems like a pretty narrow conversation this early in the year, that's all.