Updated MVP Odds: Allen is tied for 9th

IgotBILLStopay

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/updated-2020-nfl-mvp-odds-tracker

To my knowledge, this is the highest a Bills player has been in quite a while.

Top 10:

1. Wilson

2. Mahomes

3. Jackson

4. Rodgers

5. Murray

6. Prescott

7. Brees

8. Roethlisberger

9. (tie) Allen & Newton

I am an efficient markets guy for the most part. So, Brees was the headscratcher - 472 yards, 1-1 record, 3 TD, 1 INT through 2 games before I realized why betters are still flocking to him. Both he and Cam are compelling stories - Brees' farewell tour and Cam's comeback. Those stories can resonate with MVP voters if they are in the mix. That leaves Big Ben as the headscratcher.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I suppose much will have to do with which QB wins the most games. I also suppose all the other positions will have to just cash their checks and be happy. I’d rather Allen win the Super Bowl MVP!!!   

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Top 10:

1. Wilson

2. Mahomes

3. Jackson

4. Rodgers

5. Murray

6. Prescott

7. Brees

8. Roethlisberger

9. (tie) Allen & Newton

I am an efficient markets guy for the most part. So, Brees was the headscratcher - 472 yards, 1-1 record, 3 TD, 1 INT through 2 games before I realized why betters are still flocking to him. Both he and Cam are compelling stories - Brees' farewell tour and Cam's comeback. Those stories can resonate with MVP voters if they are in the mix. That leaves Big Ben as the headscratcher.

thanks.  Brees is def a headscratcher.  His receiving corp is gone with Thomas out, but still, an MVP should be able to overcome that.  Ben is also awkward there, he is much better than anticipated, but I wouldn't say MVP level.  

JA should be higher, IMO.  If he keeps it up against better D's, he will be.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

So, I’m impressed by Murray this year, he has exceeds all expectations I had for him. But how is he higher than Allen? He has 516 passing yards with 2 TDS and 2 INTS. Allen has 700+ yards with 6 TDS and 0 INTS?

I mean he's been running well with 3TDs and 158yds but yeah that seems really high for him.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

I mean he's been running well with 3TDs and 158yds but yeah that seems really high for him.

I did just see that, and it has to have something to do with it. But Josh also has 80 yards and a TD to go along with league leading passing numbers. No respect? It’ll come. They can’t deny our man his due forever. 

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

I did just see that, and it has to have something to do with it. But Josh also has 80 yards and a TD to go along with league leading passing numbers. No respect? It’ll come. They can’t deny our man his due forever. 

If I had to guess a big part of it is he did it to the 49ers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Unless there's a downturn in his play or the Seahawks' record, it's hard to see anyone other than Wilson winning it this year.  In addition to eye-popping stats, like Mahomes in 2018 & Lamar last year, the ability to craft a narrative is critical (Mahomes being so prolific and taking the league by storm as a first-year starter, "Second-year jump!" for Lamar, etc.).  And the "Wow, Russell Wilson has never received an MVP vote!?!?" narrative is off and running, not to mention repeated everywhere, and probably won't be derailed.

Edited by Midwest1981
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

So, I’m impressed by Murray this year, he has exceeded all expectations I had for him. But how is he higher than Allen? He has 516 passing yards with 2 TDS and 2 INTS. Allen has 700+ yards with 6 TDS and 0 INTS?

When Murray runs, he is expanding people's horizons about what a QB can do. When Allen runs, he is not being a QB.:(

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Midwest1981 said:

Unless there's a downturn in his play or the Seahawks' record, it's hard to see anyone other than Wilson winning it this year.  In addition to eye-popping stats, like Mahomes in 2018 & Lamar last year, the ability to craft a narrative is critical (Mahomes being so prolific and taking the league by storm as a first-year starter, "Second-year jump!" for Lamar, etc.).  And the "Wow, Russell Wilson has never received an MVP vote!?!?" narrative is off and running, not to mention repeated everywhere, and probably won't be derailed.

I think when we play Seattle, we have a chance to change the narrative a little bit. If our Defense can limit Wilson and Allen keeps firing, that is when Allen has a real shot at climbing relative to WIlson.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

1 hour ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Top 10:

1. Wilson

2. Mahomes

3. Jackson

4. Rodgers

5. Murray

6. Prescott

7. Brees

8. Roethlisberger

9. (tie) Allen & Newton

Whatever...:it’s week 2.  A LOT  of season left 

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

So, I’m impressed by Murray this year, he has exceeded all expectations I had for him. But how is he higher than Allen? He has 516 passing yards with 2 TDS and 2 INTS. Allen has 700+ yards with 6 TDS and 0 INTS?

He shouldn't be, but he is. Pretty silly, if you ask me.

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

thanks.  Brees is def a headscratcher.  His receiving corp is gone with Thomas out, but still, an MVP should be able to overcome that.  Ben is also awkward there, he is much better than anticipated, but I wouldn't say MVP level.  

JA should be higher, IMO.  If he keeps it up against better D's, he will be.  

some of these guys are there not just what they did in 2 weeks but what you’d expect them to do moving forward based on careers. A mediocre week kills a freshman in the Heisman race, not the senior thats 3 times been a finalist 

3 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Top 10:

1. Wilson

2. Mahomes

3. Jackson

4. Rodgers

5. Murray

6. Prescott

7. Brees

8. Roethlisberger

9. (tie) Allen & Newton

Big Ben is a Steeler and outside the cowboys their fans bet more than the rest, therefore he has outsized odds.

• Thank you (+1) 1