Miyagi-Do Karate

Surprised by any of the new players?

I’m pleasantly surprised by Addison. He has been a lot better than I expected. Moss has disappointed but that was what I expected some. His feet just aren’t quick enough in the hole. I’ll be really surprised if he ever becomes a great back. I hope that he’s okay moving forward. If he can be a good number 2 I’m fine with it.  Other than that the new guys have been as expected (with Gabe Davis being ahead of where most thought).

22 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

Yes, the few draft reviews I read gave me the impression that he was a heavy hitter that could push people back for 2-3 yards.

same. I thought he was going to be a big goal line back— bigger and beefy, like Frank Gore. 

• Like (+1) 1

The new Daboll philosophy.  I didn't think he had it in him to unleash Josh and use the new improved WR room. 

I still don't know if it's the new identity of the Bills or a couple of  games worth of specific game strategy.  But wow, it's great to see this possibility not only exists, but is being used with regularity.

4 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

I'm surprised Tyler Bass is in love with the right upright!

That's surprised in a Bad way.  Me too; I was expecting better.

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Singletary looks like he spent a lot of time practicing balls.

"If we are going to do the run and shoot, I might as well catch some balls."

Also blocking.  I've been impressed - couple of plays where he has really Laid the Lumber

4 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Diggs.  WAY better than advertised.

Dunno what advertisements you saw, but he's exactly what I expected him to be from watching film with the Vikes. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

The short TE Reggie Gilliam is playing well for number of snaps.  

He looks good at 6' 255 lbs.  He has great hands which is in contrast to Knox. 

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

I'm surprised in a bad way, honestly. I haven't been very impressed with Moss's running.

I think they should be working Singletary more.

Or Yeldon

4 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Gabriel Davis. I think we knew he was going to be pretty good, but he has excellent hands on is a pure baller. 

Moss- surprised in another way- I feel he has to wait for the game to slow some for him and then he will be a stud. Right now I see some indecisiveness and then it effects his balance some as well. 

Just my opinion.

Moss will be our surprise battering ram come December during the playoff push.

5 hours ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

Gabe Davis producing this early. Nice to see. 

I agree with you on this.  I saw a fair number of his college games and was impressed with him.  I had no idea that he would adapt to the NFL as quickly as he has.  He does not look like a rookie on the field.  He has a real chance to be one of the few rookie WR's that produces in their first season.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Dunno what advertisements you saw, but he's exactly what I expected him to be from watching film with the Vikes. 

Was never that impressed with Diggs in MN, maybe because Captain Kirk.  OK, he's a number 1, but I didn't expect the massive impact, making both Smoke and Beas way more effective than last year.  Diggs was worth every penny and then some.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

lol. That is refreshing after all of the training camp heroes we have had over the years.  

He's everything I knew Sills V was going to be

• Haha (+1) 2

Positive surprise - Davis. I didn’t think he would see this much playing time

Negative surprise - I knew Moss was not a burner but he looks so slow. So far he has not shown lateral quickness or straight line speed. Unless he is just hesitant I don’t see him being a NFL back. Makes no sense Singletary isn’t getting 75% of the carries.

6 hours ago, Limeaid said:

The short TE Reggie Gilliam is playing well for number of snaps.  

If it's surprise, it's him. I'd intrigued to see what he can do with more time. Based on the 1st two games, I think he's the most interesting TE prospect we have right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

1) Moss.  Moss is not how I envisioned him at all.  I thought he would be more of a big bruiser. He is stout, but his style and size is very similar to Singletary-- maybe a cross between Singletary and Travis henry!

Moss was never a bruiser RB. 1 watch of a Utah game showed that, he was always more an agility back than a power back

I was expecting a bit more pop from Moss. Hes had a few nice runs so....wait and see. 

I still feel Motor is wayyyyy better. 

Addison is decent. Solid contribution 

That Diggs guy has taken me by surprise ;) 

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I knew Diggs was good but I think in a few years, he could end up being the best WR the Bills have ever had.

Andre has a Gold Jacket he would like to show you ;) 

14 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Singletary looks like he spent a lot of time practicing balls.

He who is without sin cast the first stone

- I think both of the running backs have done well with what they've been given.  When you're throwing the ball 35-45 times your running backs are obviously not going to get as many touches.  Seeing over 4 yards a carry for each of them last week is exactly what we need to win if Allen keeps playing the way he does.  Anyone else notice some of Singletary's blocking on Sunday?  He is able to affect the game in more ways than just carrying the ball.  The same goes for both of them in the passing game.

- I did not expect Gabe Davis to produce at all until the buzz at training camp started.  He kind of falls into the same boat as the running backs, since he's the fourth option his sample size isn't going to be much to choose from, but when he has been given the opportunity to perform he's done very well.

- I think Ed Olivers play doesn't stand out as well on paper, but his play so far has been excellent.  

- No one saw Allen playing this way, yet here he is leading the league in yards through two games.

- I'd like to see more snaps for Epenesa before I judge his play, but he was pretty non-existent on Sunday.  First game with limited snaps definitely play into that though.   

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, ganesh said:

Moss will be our surprise battering ram come December during the playoff push.

I sure hope so- he just needs the game to slow a little

16 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

agree with both of these.  Moss has not been as dominant as I expected.  Singletary, even though not new, surprised, he looks even better than last year...he looks quicker, if that's possible.  

Motor has a very quick burst, amazing vision, and just senses everything around him.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

Moss was never a bruiser RB. 1 watch of a Utah game showed that, he was always more an agility back than a power back

I disagree. Take a look at this video— he looks like a totally different RB. Right now, I get him and Singletary confused. In his Utah videos, he seems huge!