Jordan Palmer on WGR

JESSEFEFFER

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Toss him on the Rosen heap. He’s finished.

If he gets out of NY I could see him turning his career around with a good organization. Teams like the Steelers, Saints, Colts could be interested given the age of their current starting QB's.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

It's hard enough for me to listen to the show. Brown tries too hard, and Tasker, after so many years of commentary, still sucks. If I hear Glab's voice I turn off the radio.

I’d rather listen to Tekashi69 than Glab.

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I'm not sure either is finished.  Rosen has a pouty attitude that may make him more likely of the two to be finished.  Darnold seems to have the desire, but man, playing on the dysfunctional Jets will crush you.  Darnold has looked good, but he has zero talent around him anywhere in that organization.  If I'm like the Steelers, I'm going after him to backup Ben next year and then take over.  Rosen also has had bad luck with where he ended up, I can see him as a backup on some team, but he really has more to prove than Darnold, IMo.  

21 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If he gets out of NY I could see him turning his career around with a good organization. Teams like the Steelers, Saints, Colts could be interested given the age of their current starting QB's.

totally agree with this.  Getting onto a good team/organization, with a great QB in front of him for a year would be ideal for him.  

3 hours ago, Blainorama5 said:

Josh = Good

Sam = Bad

But seriously, OBD has done a MUCH better job of not only bringing Josh along but surrounding him with a decent line and excellent weapons.  Jets....  not so much.

WHERE a QB lands makes all the difference in the world. Top draft picks go to bad teams with bad organizations, in general. We had a new, quality regime who were smart enough to make a great choice with Josh. Flip landing spots with Darnold, and no telling what this looks like today. I’ll take the way it turned out! 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

WHERE a QB lands makes all the difference in the world. Top draft picks go to bad teams with bad organizations, in general. We had a new, quality regime who were smart enough to make a great choice with Josh. Flip landing spots with Darnold, and no telling what this looks like today. I’ll take the way it turned out! 

Then you have straight busts too like J.P. Pretty sure all the talent in the world wouldn't have helped him. To a lesser extent E.J. too, but I don't think that is as clear cut a case as Losman.

2 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

I feel like Darnold could be ok if not saddled with that awful HC

True his development has been hampered by the organization and coach. However, I still doubt Darnold has the ability to carry a team around him and is looking more like a game manager who has to be in the right situation to succeed. Even when the Bills were bad you could see that Josh was the best player on offense despite being raw coming out of college. Josh makes the guys around him better and if he keeps trending upward we can finally say we have our Franchise QB for the next 10-15 years.

1 hour ago, Bferra13 said:

Then you have straight busts too like J.P. Pretty sure all the talent in the world wouldn't have helped him. To a lesser extent E.J. too, but I don't think that is as clear cut a case as Losman.

I'm convinced half the busts in the NFL are due to coaching and team culture. I think Josh should thank the Lord every day he was drafted by McBeane's team. Who knows what EJ and Losman could have been? Middling starters?

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Disagree.  I mean they might suck but those two have played in absolute dumpster fire situations.  No young qbs would succeed in those situations.  

A team like the Steelers should try to steal Darnold after the season.  

If I’m Darnold, I’d wait to see if Gase gets fired mid year, and see who Douglas finds for a replacement.  If not happy, just hold out, and push for release or trade if they place the 5th year option on him.  The Steelers, Colts, or Broncos could be options.  He could also if he doesn’t mind sitting for a year go to the Bucs, Brady retires after next year, and Darnold learns behind a HOF QB and then plays on a very talented team.  Lots of options as NO could also be an option.  Darnold must secretly be pissed Mahomes, Allen, amd Mayfield have teams placing all kinds of talent around them, and the Jets are a hot mess.

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm convinced half the busts in the NFL are due to coaching and team culture. I think Josh should thank the Lord every day he was drafted by McBeane's team. Who knows what EJ and Losman could have been? Middling starters?

Could be brother. Could be. Its kinda fascinating to wonder.

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

If I’m Darnold, I’d wait to see if Gase gets fired mid year, and see who Douglas finds for a replacement.  If not happy, just hold out, and push for release or trade if they place the 5th year option on him.  The Steelers, Colts, or Broncos could be options.  He could also if he doesn’t mind sitting for a year go to the Bucs, Brady retires after next year, and Darnold learns behind a HOF QB and then plays on a very talented team.  Lots of options as NO could also be an option.  Darnold must secretly be pissed Mahomes, Allen, amd Mayfield have teams placing all kinds of talent around them, and the Jets are a hot mess.

But Rosen’s there right now learning behind a HOF QB.