Edmunds and Milano both practice all week, expected to be active vs. Rams

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Did the NFL do away with the “probable” designation?

"probable' ly

On 9/24/2020 at 3:28 PM, NewEra said:

If Edmunds sits and Milano plays, who plays opposite Milano in 2LB sets?  To start the season, I figured Klein would be the guy.  After watching both guys play this year, it HAS to be Dotson right? He makes plays at the LOS and the rams run the ball 40 times a game.  He has speed, Klein just looks like he tries to find an OL and eat blocks every play

Dodson is listed as backup to Edmunds at MLB.  Would likely be him and Milano in 2 LB formations

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

These kinds of comments baffle me. It's only slightly less important in the event of a tiebreaker, which rarely actually comes into play. Otherwise, it's a W/L just like any other game.

NFC games have the same value in the win loss column.  AFC games matter a bit more for head to head matchups or conference record in the tie breaker formula. And usually even playoff teams win more home games than away games so home games feel more important. 

Lastly the last 15 years the Bills were playing for a wildcard before the season even began so those head to head matchups and AFC opponent games felt more important.  This year the easiest path to the playoffs is to win the division. 

I highly doubt coaches approach the game any different than any other game though. There is no way to try harder to win an AFC game than a NFC game.  Also I don't think they say well this game doesn't matter as much so I'm going to rest my two best linebackers until next week. 

On 9/24/2020 at 4:13 PM, Kelly the Dog said:

He was hamstrung. 

No no no, it was his spleen...

7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I'm just saying we might be better off letting them sit for one extra game instead of playing them at 75% health and aggravating the injury for the rest of the season. I'd rather they be at 100% health for 12 games. Not that every game isn't important, it just isn't as important as the rest of the season.

I agree that it's best to sit them an extra game to make sure they are healthy for the rest of the season. But the game being a non-conference game should have no weight in that decision. With that being said I think they suit up Milano and sit Edumonds one more week.

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Barring any problems tomorrow I think Milano will go as he was a full participant today. Edmunds I think is another week off.  He hasn't hit anyone all week.

Then he's ready to unload on someone. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Milano was a FULL participant today. he and Edmunds both officially questionable 

It’s weird but I’m still worried about them playing this week...I wouldn’t mind if the team held them out one more week just to be 100% for the upcoming AFC matchups...but, obviously, all you can do is trust the team doctors...

4 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

It’s weird but I’m still worried about them playing this week...I wouldn’t mind if the team held them out one more week just to be 100% for the upcoming AFC matchups...but, obviously, all you can do is trust the team doctors...

Unless your team Doctors are the Chargers’ team Doctors...then definitely do not trust them. 

• Haha (+1) 1

So if we go by practice this week the logical projection would be that Milano plays and Edmunds doesn’t.  Milano wasn’t in a red jersey at all and practiced fully on Friday; without a setback he’s a go.  Edmunds didn’t get any contact but otherwise practiced, which tells me they didn’t want him banging that shoulder at all.  Hard to imagine they play him when he’s had no contact.

Our 2-LB sets will be Dodson and Milano and I can live with that for a week or two.  Dodson was flying around last Sunday and will only be that much more comfortable this week.

24 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Sounded like Milano has the better chance to play since Edmunds was in red no contact jersey all week

I mentioned this in another thread but I don’t think the red jersey is any indication that Edmunds will play or not. If it were a serious shoulder injury or high risk of worsening it he would be on IR. I’d guess “just” an AC joint bruise/mild separation which is more of a pain control issue which is why they don’t want him taking shots in practice. Numb him up on Sunday, don’t drop his lung in the process, and I’d bet he plays. 100% conjecture on my part so take it for what it’s worth (not much haha)