Week 3 Power Rankings

28 minutes ago, eball said:

I’ll say what I always say...these rankings don’t get me riled up, ever.  But looking at all of them together they do beg the question of what exactly are the USA Today and One11Sports “rankers” watching?

Obvious to me, Rodak knows how to get a rise from Bills fans. More clicks, more chatter.

53 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

It was just the Jets and Dolphins don't cha know 

Yeah folks need to be real...the Jests are a joke right now and the Phins are a good team but still rebuilding and our defense struggled against them.

Most of the rosier outlooks for our Bills this year were largely based on  a strong defense keeping an inconsistent offense in games.

Our offense has been good, but I understand the cautious perception of these lists if folks think our defense is going to struggle stopping teams.

Honestly, it would feel like the universe was setting us up for a fall if the Bills had more hype and were rated a lot higher in these power rankings.

1 minute ago, BillsFanThru-N-Thru said:

Still don't understand all the love the rankings give to the Steelers ... They played the Giants and the Broncos which both teams are 0-2 and struggling.  

Its all about the defense and fact they were a legit playoff team all last season with a guy named duck. 

8 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Yeah folks need to be real...the Jests are a joke right now and the Phins are a good team but still rebuilding and our defense struggled against them.

Most of the rosier outlooks for our Bills this year were largely based on  a strong defense keeping an inconsistent offense in games.

Our offense has been good, but I understand the cautious perception of these lists if folks think our defense is going to struggle stopping teams.

Honestly, it would feel like the universe was setting us up for a fall if the Bills had more hype and were rated a lot higher in these power rankings.

Yet the Rams beat Philly 0 wins and Dallas 1 win because Atlanta didn't know how to fall on a ball! 

It's not easy to win in the NFL.   

11 minutes ago, WideNine said:

So this will be what you say when they beat the Rams? You can honestly say that about most teams right now in week 2... but before this season started the Jets and Dolphins were supposed to be "tough tests" b/c of how they ended the year last year.  hmmm....

Edited by TBBills

According to Dan Hanzus, the Giants are the best team in NY.

Previous rank: No. 31

The Giants are the best team in New York ... unfortunately, they're worse than everyone else. Big Blue was dreadful at home on Sunday, bullied up and down the field by a 49ers team missing several key players on both sides of the ball in a 36-9 lossDaniel Jones threw an interception and was charged with another lost fumble; his turnover issues cannot be ignored and will make him a figure of increasing scrutiny with the Giants steaming toward a high pick in the first round next spring. That said, this is not all on the second-year quarterback. The Giants lack difference-makers on defense, and the loss of Saquon Barkley has robbed the offense of the only thing that made it special. Dark days in the Meadowlands.

40 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

According to Dan Hanzus, the Giants are the best team in NY.

Previous rank: No. 31

The Giants are the best team in New York ... unfortunately, they're worse than everyone else. Big Blue was dreadful at home on Sunday, bullied up and down the field by a 49ers team missing several key players on both sides of the ball in a 36-9 lossDaniel Jones threw an interception and was charged with another lost fumble; his turnover issues cannot be ignored and will make him a figure of increasing scrutiny with the Giants steaming toward a high pick in the first round next spring. That said, this is not all on the second-year quarterback. The Giants lack difference-makers on defense, and the loss of Saquon Barkley has robbed the offense of the only thing that made it special. Dark days in the Meadowlands.

No argument that the Giants are bad & that the Jets are even worse.

However -- the Giants are best team in New Jersey not the best team in New York!

I just made a trip down to New York City two weeks ago (had to attend a family event). I drove right by Met Life Stadium (at least I think that's what they still call it) on the way into the city. In my opinion that stadium is one of the ugliest structures I have ever seen - viewed from the exterior. My opinion on this is certainly debatable - after all "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". However there can be no argument that I was in New Jersey when I was looking at that hideous looking Stadium - and not in New York!   

1 hour ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

There was the year with trent edwards where we started super hot and were the talk of the town. Edwards was coming up a lot in the MVP discussion if I recall correctly.

The way I see it 

Chiefs

Seahawks

Packers

Bills

Ravens 

Bucs

Steelers

Saints

Then everyone else

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Process said:

There was the year with trent edwards where we started super hot and were the talk of the town. Edwards was coming up a lot in the MVP discussion if I recall correctly.

I flew to the BIlls game vs. the Cardinals that year when Trent got injured on (I think) the first drive of the game. I was never an Edwards fans, and preferred Losman, but that had precisely zero to do with my analysis of their individual abilities and more to do with the weekend I joined @Kelly the Dog in an LA bar with some of Losman's family to watch a Bills game.

Walking to the stadium in Arizona, @JÂy RÛßeÒshook his head and said he really didn't think Losman was going to make it. By the time the game was over, his point was made, though I did get to see JP hit Evans deep, which was kind of fun.

This has nothing to do with power rankings. It's just what pops in my head every time someone mentioned Trent Edwards.

• Like (+1) 2

@thenorthremembers   change the OP title.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-4-power-rankings-chiefs-solidify-no-1-spot-patriots-climb-into-top-10-panthers-take-big-leap/

NFL Week 4 Power Rankings

#4 (+1)

Josh Allen has the offense looking special, but the defense has had some issues. They have to play better on that side of the ball.

Ravens #6 (-3)

maybe too late now 

40 minutes ago, Process said:

The way I see it 

Chiefs

Seahawks

Packers

Bills

Ravens 

Bucs

Steelers

Saints

Then everyone else

It was Trent's second year they started 4-0 and Trent was on a lot of ESPN shows, but if I recall he wasnt really in the MVP conversation.  He had 930 yards, 4 touchdowns and 2 ints through 4 games.  Would have been something like 3,720 yards 16 TDS and 8 Ints for a full season.   Feel like its a much different situation this time around.