Prediction - Running game will be big on Sunday

I have a feeling Devin Singletary is going to have a big day this week.  I'm not expecting the Bills to completely go away from the passing game, but I feel like this will be the first week this year where we really focus on the ground game, especially on the outside (and maybe in the screen game) away from Aaron Donald.  I'm expecting 200+ yards rushing this week between the backs and Josh.

12 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

I have a feeling Devin Singletary is going to have a big day this week.  I'm not expecting the Bills to completely go away from the passing game, but I feel like this will be the first week this year where we really focus on the ground game, especially on the outside (and maybe in the screen game) away from Aaron Donald.  I'm expecting 200+ yards rushing this week between the backs and Josh.

It would be nice if we could play some ball-control offense and keep our D off the field.  They can’t get gashed if they’re watching from the sideline.

Even better of course would be if they don’t get gashed, but it does seem as though their offensive strength aligns with where we showed vulnerability last week

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It would be nice if we could play some ball-control offense and keep our D off the field.  They can’t get gashed if they’re watching from the sideline.

Even better of course would be if they don’t get gashed, but it does seem as though their offensive strength aligns with where we showed vulnerability last week

I want the pythagorean theorem of passing yards. 300 the first week, 400 the second week, and 500 the third. Dream big.

a^2+b^2=c^2

• Haha (+1) 2

I hope Josh goes at Jalen Ramsey all day. That being said, I expect a little more balance this week. If not I expect the passing game to be short and focused on ball control. Either way this is the first "real" game of the year according to sources at every media outlet.

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I hear ya, Hap, but I so hope that this is the game that the Bills finally drop 35-42 points on somebody, and it is not impossible against a good defense.

I know, I know, master of the obvious here and we all feel that way, but I certainly would sacrifice some ball control for some extra points.  Don't leave points on the field, guys.  get'em all...all that you can.

I don't think any of us can predict what this offense will do week to week...  Now that we have a legit offense, Daboll can truly gameplan game to game.  

The Jets played a ton of 2 deep zone and sent pressure, forcing Josh to methodically work his way down the field.  They, in typical Jets fashion, stuffed the run.  The result is what we saw.. a ton of pass attempts in the short and intermediate range, with Josh on the move when they brought pressure.  

The Dolphins played a ton of man, so we gashed them with deep crossing routes and big plays.  

We've played two very different schematic defenses and attacked them in very different ways.. clearly focusing on attacking what the opposing defense is vulnerable to.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don't think any of us can predict what this offense will do week to week...  Now that we have a legit offense, Daboll can truly gameplan game to game.  

The Jets played a ton of 2 deep zone and sent pressure, forcing Josh to methodically work his way down the field.  They, in typical Jets fashion, stuffed the run.  The result is what we saw.. a ton of pass attempts in the short and intermediate range, with Josh on the move when they brought pressure.  

The Dolphins played a ton of man, so we gashed them with deep crossing routes and big plays.  

We've played two very different schematic defenses and attacked them in very different ways.. clearly focusing on attacking what the opposing defense is vulnerable to.

What do the Rammies predominately play, man or zone?

1 hour ago, Mr. K said:

I hope Josh goes at Jalen Ramsey all day. 

I hope not. For the same reason I'd want Goff to go at Tre White all day. 

From what I saw of the highlights of the Rams v Cowboys games Ramsey didn't follow Amari Cooper. He went up against Gallup and Lamb a bit too. You'd expect this to be the case on Sunday too but with Diggs, Brown and possibly Davis. Can anyone see him covering Beasley? Not me. 

Allen will need to be selective when targeting Ramsey. There'll be opportunities a plenty to throw whoever isn't Ramsey . Ramsey might be a bit of a gobshite pillock but more importantly he's a corner you don't take liberties with. 

It would be great if we could control the game and then get him with a play like we did on Gilmore with Brown last year to seal the win. 

But at the end of the day, winning, no matter how, is more important than rubbing Ramsey's face in it. 

15 minutes ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

What do the Rammies predominately play, man or zone?

I think I saw in another thread that they are primarily a zone team.

1 hour ago, Mr. K said:

I hope Josh goes at Jalen Ramsey all day

That’s antithetical to the “attack their weakness” mantra Daboll aspires to.  Nobody — I repeat nobody — in the Bills’ locker room gives a rat’s ass about what Ramsey said about Josh coming out of the draft, and besides, Josh already beat Ramsey and Jacksonville in his rookie year.

Daboll will scheme to attack what the Rams don’t do well.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, eball said:

I think I saw in another thread that they are primarily a zone team.

That’s antithetical to the “attack their weakness” mantra Daboll aspires to.  Nobody — I repeat nobody — in the Bills’ locker room gives a rat’s ass about what Ramsey said about Josh coming out of the draft, and besides, Josh already beat Ramsey and Jacksonville in his rookie year.

Daboll will scheme to attack what the Rams don’t do well.

I'm not speaking for the team just myself. When he ran through Miles Jack and beat Ramsey last time around it awesome. Idc how we get to the playoffs or to wins. But if JA can knock down one of his critics "on the field" it will be that much more enjoyable. 

34 minutes ago, BritBill said:

I hope not. For the same reason I'd want Goff to go at Tre White all day. 

From what I saw of the highlights of the Rams v Cowboys games Ramsey didn't follow Amari Cooper. He went up against Gallup and Lamb a bit too. You'd expect this to be the case on Sunday too but with Diggs, Brown and possibly Davis. Can anyone see him covering Beasley? Not me. 

Allen will need to be selective when targeting Ramsey. There'll be opportunities a plenty to throw whoever isn't Ramsey . Ramsey might be a bit of a gobshite pillock but more importantly he's a corner you don't take liberties with. 

It would be great if we could control the game and then get him with a play like we did on Gilmore with Brown last year to seal the win. 

But at the end of the day, winning, no matter how, is more important than rubbing Ramsey's face in it. 

I'm aware of the need to actually play the game with a strategy. Any thing that I can tie together for a little extra entertainment during my favorite 3ish hours of the weekend I will continue to. He isn't just going to go after 1 guy because he said he didn't like him. He will spread it out and I hope he looks good doing it.

Again, I hope JA makes the Rams Front Office question Ramseys' salary.

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1