Peyton Manning on a certain NE team not cutting the mic at 15 seconds

Sharky7337

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, Mark Sanchez was talking about the Bills chances and he said something to the effect that he'd like to give the Bills a chance but "something always happens in Foxboro".  You could tell the other guys on the set were taken aback by how close he came to saying it.  "Are you saying they're cheating?" "I would never say they're cheating.  They're on a relentless pursuit of a competitive edge"  It's pretty interesting - 45 seconds in

There's Mike Tomlin and the headset malfunctions (which supposedly can't happen now that it's digital VOIP)

Then there was 'Zo Alexander on "the Lo Down" with Tasker and Murph talking very frankly about how the coaches and leaders were working with the team to not lose their composure and get "mentally hijacked" [15:37 in] when "everything is not going to go our way..probably not our way at all" Murph says disbelieving "because it's the Patriots?" Zo: "Well, you know that, yeah...just don't expect good calls, It Is what It Is.  It's not a secret.  Is it a secret, Murph?" Murph: "I don't like to acknowledge it" Zo: "Oh, you don't.  Well, it happens.  So you need to acknowledge it, so that when it happens, you're not like "oh, Man, what is going on?" So we're acknowledging it so we don't feed into it from a mental standpoint"  Tasker took after Murph on it, told him he was living in an alternate universe right now.  Worth a watch if you missed it.

It just seems like such an "open secret" that Foxboro goes well beyond the normal "homefield advantage" of crappy visitor locker rooms and crazed screaming fans.

Yeah I remember that episode. I believe other players and coaches have complained about the headsets in the past too.

I’m just waiting for all of the Pats*** apologists hiding in plain sight on this board to come out and say how Peyton just wasn’t good enough to beat Brady and all of this is sour grapes because everyone is so envious of their success. 

You know they’re thinking it.

Bill Belichick is one of the greatest coaches of all time, there’s no doubt, but his relentless pursuit of success crosses the line and tarnishes what he could have accomplished playing by the rules. 

Brady is just a very good QB who got put into the best possible position. If he wins it all in Tampa I’ll give him credit, but I don’t think he will. 

• Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, mykidsdad said:

I would love to see this sourced. I totally believe you, but do you remember when and where he said it?

He said it in an interview with SI in I believe 2004, and it was also quoted in the book "Spygate", which is one of if not the only book written about the endless f*ckery they have pulled off over the years.

I have the book in my desk at work, when I get in I will go into the bibliography and put down exactly when he gave the interview.

Edited by MILFHUNTER#518

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He did, didn't he?  He seemed more bothered by 'Zo's very matter-of-fact acceptance "this happens and we have to be mentally ready and not derailed by it", than he would have been if 'Zo railed against it and he could argue about it.

Even a busted clock is right twice a day.

If I recall correctly, Murph was stating that he didn’t want to believe in conspiracy theories. In various programs he said they cheated and were caught. 

September 23, 2020.  Denver, Colorado law enforcement agencies remain tight lipped over the sudden disappearance of retired QB Payton Manning from his home.  Residents in the neighborhood report an unmarked white van observed driving away at a high rate of speed in the early morning hours, and found various pamphlets regarding NFL policies addressing criminal and civil issues scattered in the area.

In sports news, an unannounced award was made of conditional compensatory draft picks to NFL teams.  This award is covered under league rules, and is not subject to discussion or publication by media or the public.

🤔

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, stevewin said:

It absolutely blows my mind people worship Brady and Bellicheat as best ever when everything is based on cheating - why aren't Lance and Barry Bonds and Rosie Ruiz and Bernie Madoff worshipped as best ever?  

Shhhhhhh! You'll trigger them.

Not to mention the Houston Astros. They get bean balls hurled at them.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

It’s these things that everyone has known for years that amazes me that the NFL does nothing. The cheaters are so corrupt at every level of the organization, it would suck to have to be a fan of that team. 

It comes down to defending the shield. If they acknowledge it, it tars the league. Never mind the head cheat essentially got Roger Goodell his job.

9 hours ago, arcane said:

I catch One Bills Live mayyyybe once every two weeks for an hour or so, but was listening during that conversation. Murph really did sound so desperate for everything to be roses and unicorns in his beloved NFL 

It seems like Murph tires hard just to be a contrarian sometimes. He’s alright on the radio, but his stubborn demeanor can be tiresome. Murph comes across as someone who doesn’t listen or accept others ideas whatsoever. 

if you are convinced the Pats did not cut off the mic at 15 sec,

why would they not leave it open all the time

no wonder Brady "found" the open receiver so quickly, all the time

pretty easy when your headset is telling you where to throw and where the blitz is coming from

no blind side for Tom

16 hours ago, todd said:

Look, people laugh. But seriously, that was a big part of New England's success. They cheated in many different ways, and often. Everyone knows, and Manning was making everyone laugh uncomfortably because they know it is true. 

What would have two more wins meant to a lot of seasons?   Not that we definitely would have won but it should have been a fair fight.  

15 hours ago, Limeaid said:

The Evil Axis Alliance (Krafty, Bellicheat and Br*dy) should be banned from Hall of Fame like Pete Rose is baseball's.

Charles Haley is on record saying he won't vote fro Brady.   Probably Belicheat too.   I hope he follows through.

Here is the book that supposedly tells it all.  Spygate by Bryan O'leary

https://www.amazon.com/Spygate-Untold-Story-Bryan-OLeary/dp/0985467002#:~:text=Spygate%20the%20Untold%20Story%20Hardcover%20%E2%80%93%20January%201%2C%202012&text=Find%20all%20the%20books%2C%20read%20about%20the%20author%2C%20and%20more.&text=The%20most%20talked%20about%20sports,the%20NFL's%20New%20England%20Patriots.

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Shhhhhhh! You'll trigger them.

Not to mention the Houston Astros. They get bean balls hurled at them.

and the Red Sox!

6 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

It’s these things that everyone has known for years that amazes me that the NFL does nothing. The cheaters are so corrupt at every level of the organization, it would suck to have to be a fan of that team. 

Unfortunately I think we are living in a sports world where it is socially accepted now.