Epenesa played 17 snaps ..

CorkScrewHill

Just now, Rk_Bills86 said:

He's a rookie on a very deep D-Line that does a ton of rotations - he's fine. It' literally a stashed pick for possibly replacing the aging vets. 

Didn’t we go thru this with Ed Oliver just last year early in the season? AJ is NOT Ed, but it’s the same kind of deal. Don’t throw the rookie into the fire, take your time, we are NOT in an urgent situation desperate for help.  That’s a very good thing! 

• Like (+1) 7

2 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Did anyone else see him? I am wondering if they only played him during the blackout as I cannot recall him being on the field. He had no stats so there is that. I guess at least he got on the field, but I hope the light turns on soon for him. Not bashing him .. just hope he makes an impact as I have no doubt we will need our depth players at some point on the line.

I don’t know man  after watching ALL the injuries in week two I say (IMO) if they’re healthy enough to play they have to play , we don’t know who might be injured / or what will happen  tomorrow so every WIN is IMPORTANT NOW !!! 
GO Bills baby lets beat the Rams and go 

3-0 !!! 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Didn’t we go thru this with Ed Oliver just last year early in the season? AJ is NOT Ed, but it’s the same kind of deal. Don’t throw the rookie into the fire, take your time, we are NOT in an urgent situation desperate for help.  That’s a very good thing! 

Well said  !!! 
Agree 110% !!!

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

He has talented veterans ahead of him.  He will get his time.  Luckily the Bills have built the roster well enough where draft picks dont need to be starters "off the bus" anymore.

Still should have gone cornerback with that pick.  Had to be someone available at that pick better than Levi Wallace

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Off the back of a very disrupted offseason with no pre season games...

But it’s Game 2...why isn’t he All Pro already??!!

Love you guys and your ability to read things into what others type .. never said I was expecting him to be an all-pro, or a starter or even a solid back-up yet. I was literally surprised he was on the field as I did not see him. My comment about the light turning on was based on all the injuries we are seeing league-wide. But never mind what I was trying to communicate .. just go for the why isn't he in the Pro Bowl, or heck the Hall of Fame.  Aussie Joe I quoted you but there were several of the same ilk. It might be a good idea if this is a Buffalo Bills community to you know act like a community.

1 hour ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Love you guys and your ability to read things into what others type .. never said I was expecting him to be an all-pro, or a starter or even a solid back-up yet. I was literally surprised he was on the field as I did not see him. My comment about the light turning on was based on all the injuries we are seeing league-wide. But never mind what I was trying to communicate .. just go for the why isn't he in the Pro Bowl, or heck the Hall of Fame.  Aussie Joe I quoted you but there were several of the same ilk. It might be a good idea if this is a Buffalo Bills community to you know act like a community.

You didnt mention pro bowl but a lot of us have interpreted your initial post as being down on him. so far..

Just be a bit patient.. the real point of my post that you quoted is not that the Pro Bowl comment , but the fact that this is the one year where you have to cut Rookies more slack than usual...

4 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

He needs a year in the weight room.

A 5.02 40-yard, 17 reps on the bench and 32” vertical.

He is a sub-par NFL athlete based on those testing metrics, so I think that’s where he needs to improve to get onto the field. 

He was considered the 2nd best DE in the draft after Chase Young.  I don't think he got to that level of standards without being good.