Epenesa played 17 snaps ..

CorkScrewHill

Did anyone else see him? I am wondering if they only played him during the blackout as I cannot recall him being on the field. He had no stats so there is that. I guess at least he got on the field, but I hope the light turns on soon for him. Not bashing him .. just hope he makes an impact as I have no doubt we will need our depth players at some point on the line.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

His first game as a pro...”I hope the light turns on soon” 

lol unreal

Just like Josh's rookie season.... Hell, just like ANY higher draft pick we've ever had... you just can't please everyone. They maybe just aren't used to seeing ACTUAL quality depth LOL

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Did anyone else see him? I am wondering if they only played him during the blackout as I cannot recall him being on the field. He had no stats so there is that. I guess at least he got on the field, but I hope the light turns on soon for him. Not bashing him .. just hope he makes an impact as I have no doubt we will need our depth players at some point on the line.

1 hour ago, buffalobillswin said:

Isiah Simmons the number 8 pick only played 7 snaps for a much worse defense.

Things happen

Totally different situation because.....well you see with him......you don't understand the bust rate of a guy like AJ......If you're not getting it by the 2nd game....

Also to pick on another rookie, Davis only scored 1 touchdown which is as many as the undrafted fullback/tight end scored

• Haha (+1) 7

I saw him out there once or twice. Honestly, I wouldn't expect a whole lot from him this season. Without a regular off-season and pre-season games to get used to the speed of the game at the NFL level I think it's tough to expect him to come right out and tear it up. He's also seen as a bit of a project, needs refinement in some areas. But the word on him coming out of college was that he doesn't do any one thing spectacularly, but he does all things well. A quote from an AFC exec or scout said something like, "Give him a year or two and we'll all be saying, dang, we over thought it with him."