We Are A Center Left Country

Tiberius

Romney, R-Utah, backed up his decision by saying it’s not “written in the stars” that the court should have a liberal bent, and Trump’s pick will tip the nation’s high court to become more conservative.

It’s “appropriate,” he told reporters at the Capitol, “for a nation which is, if you will, center right, to have a court which reflects a set of right points of view.” https://apnews.com/be4aa94786c66bd13763ea8ee30e08a6

The only thing making the government right wing is the Constitution under representing voters 

• Like (+1) 1

Hello,

This is a friendly notice to inform you that the following post was created by a troll(s) on this forum.  The creator of this post has no intentions of having an adult conversation on the topic they’re intending to create.  While the content or expressions listed by said poster may reflect an actual perspective, the perspective is overshadowed by this posters history of creating topics that are meant to instigate, spam and disrupt an otherwise civilized political conversation.  You can view the content against the poster’s reputation to make an informed decision for yourself (if you choose).  The best way to remove said posters, spam and instigation from a forum is to not respond beyond this message.  Thank you.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 8

8 minutes ago, DFT said:

Hello,

This is a friendly notice to inform you that the following post was created by a troll(s) on this forum.  The creator of this post has no intentions of having an adult conversation on the topic they’re intending to create.  While the content or expressions listed by said poster may reflect an actual perspective, the perspective is overshadowed by this posters history of creating topics that are meant to instigate, spam and disrupt an otherwise civilized political conversation.  You can view the content against the poster’s reputation to make an informed decision for yourself (if you choose).  The best way to remove said posters, spam and instigation from a forum is to not respond beyond this message.  Thank you.  

46 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Maybe flesh out what you mean by 

Do you mean the electoral college?

The electoral college was created as a prerequisite for smaller populations states to ratify the agreement.  The concern was a few large population states could control the Federal government (however small it was at the start) and dictate policy to the majority of smaller population states.  This is no less true today than it was in 1787 given the enormous power vested in the Federal government.  Proportional government supporting states rights was also central to the creation of the Senate with equal representation and the House which is divided among the states based on population.   

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, All_Pro_Bills said:

The electoral college was created as a prerequisite for smaller populations states to ratify the agreement.  The concern was a few large population states could control the Federal government (however small it was at the start) and dictate policy to the majority of smaller population states.  This is no less true today than it was in 1787 given the enormous power vested in the Federal government.  Proportional government supporting states rights was also central to the creation of the Senate with equal representation and the House which is divided among the states based on population.   

I understand all this- I was curious why he believes this.

3 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Doesn’t change my point, center left country, EC helps conservatives, for now. 

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

it's really not.

get ready for the false popular vote mantra in 3...2...1 ...

You just don’t understand how the system works then 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I don’t disagree with the premise there, but it subverts popular rule. 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Romney, R-Utah, backed up his decision by saying it’s not “written in the stars” that the court should have a liberal bent, and Trump’s pick will tip the nation’s high court to become more conservative.

It’s “appropriate,” he told reporters at the Capitol, “for a nation which is, if you will, center right, to have a court which reflects a set of right points of view.” https://apnews.com/be4aa94786c66bd13763ea8ee30e08a6

The only thing making the government right wing is the Constitution under representing voters 

While this thread in theory is one of the OP's better threads it still points to the need to impose a limit on threads over a one week or one month period.  This is a more organic idea by him but still is just one piece in the 10,000 piece puzzle of various light clouds and blue sky with extremely minimal variation or contrast.  By the way the Bastille and the guillotine were products of popular rule.  While we all like to put light slams on one another here I wish that the OP would consider if the cultural revolution that happened during the 1960's happened a generation or two earlier that he along with others might not be here today if the mothers had a choice to abort those fetuses.  A person might say so what but it would be ironic to ponder that thought on a board that provides a source of satisfaction to that same person that they otherwise would have never experienced.  While we are at it would we have had Einstein or any of the other numerous contributors of the 20th Century from a poor background or even a middle class or rich background  if the choice to abort was as easy as deciding what we want for dinner?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

...and it has worked just fine since 1787.......until the Pantsuit lost and the Dems cried foul, demanding its abolishment......so if Trump wins the popular vote and Sleepy Joe wins the EC, due to Cali & NY's rampant "blueness", is it THEN a keeper?......a tad hypocritical?...naw, no way.................

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, dubs said:

The entire left/right spectrum is a fallacy intended to show both ends as supreme authoritarian control. It make no sense In the United States, maybe Europe. 

...but doesn't "the middle" require "bi-partisan compromise"?........and when the hell is the LAST time you saw THAT?.....a Congressional approval rating of 18% tells me these 535 clowns would fight over what day it is......BUT they're "doing the people's business"...I do "my business" EVERY morning at 5:30AM.......SAME result......at least I'm "relieved".....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

While this thread in theory is one of the OP's better threads it still points to the need to impose a limit on threads over a one week or one month period.  This is a more organic idea by him but still is just one piece in the 10,000 piece puzzle of various light clouds and blue sky with extremely minimal variation or contrast.  By the way the Bastille and the guillotine were products of popular rule.  While we all like to put light slams on one another here I wish that the OP would consider if the cultural revolution that happened during the 1960's happened a generation or two earlier that he along with others might not be here today if the mothers had a choice to abort those fetuses.  A person might say so what but it would be ironic to ponder that thought on a board that provides a source of satisfaction to that same person that they otherwise would have never experienced.  While we are at it would we have had Einstein or any of the other numerous contributors of the 20th Century from a poor background or even a middle class or rich background  if the choice to abort was as easy as deciding what we want for dinner?

Yes, censorship is the answer. 

Wow 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

It is a "feeling" of his.

No evidence.

Just the constant repetition that the population is growing more and more liberal.

He will need watching come November 4th.

• Haha (+1) 1