Croom released from Practice Squad

Chandler#81

The only thing he has going for him is that he is so bad that the other team might forget to cover him. 

We all knew that no team was going to steal him off our PS. I can’t believe this guy is even on a team right now. We couldn’t try and steal a TE off another teams PS. 

I have a bad feeling he is going to miss a block and Allen is going to get hammered.

Nothing good can come from this move.

Worst TE that I have ever see, he literally does nothing good. He will have a bad impact on the game in some fashion. He will drop a pass, miss a block or fumble the football and I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes for the trifecta.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The only thing he has going for him is that he is so bad that the other team might forget to cover him. 

We all knew that no team was going to steal him off our PS. I can’t believe this guy is even on a team right now. We couldn’t try and steal a TE off another teams PS. 

I have a bad feeling he is going to miss a block and Allen is going to get hammered.

Worst TE that I have ever see, he literally does nothing good. He will have a bad impact on the game in some fashion. He will drop a pass, miss a block or fumble the football and I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes for the trifecta.

Which move is that? Releasing Croom? Because as far as I know, that is the only move the Bills have made.  You don't release a player to move them up to the active roster.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

He was released...

30 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I think they realized that he may have to play at some point and decided, nah..

Gilliam  happened

27 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Guess Gilliam is dating her now 😜

sorry i should have read all the way through

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TigerJ said:

As of this moment, Knox is still listed on the 53 man roster and there is an article on the official web site stating Croom was released from the PS with no mention of elevating him to the 53 man roster.  Becker is not listed on either the 53 man roster or the PS.  I imagine Kroft will be targeted a couple times on Sunday and probably Gilliam.  I think that unless Knox makes a quick recovery, Lee Smith will be active in his place. 

Gilliam is certainly an interesting player.  He's really too short to be a typical tight end at at 6 feet even.  Still, he's a fairly stout 244 lbs at that height, and pretty athletic.  I don't think I'd plan on him being much of an inline blocker, but you could probably move him around a lot.  The lack of height may make contested catches a bit more of a challenge, but he'll get open more than Lee Smith ever will.

One thing about Gilliam, and I can’t find where I saw it, but he apparently has a ridiculous wingspan, which is one if the reasons he had so many blocked kicks in college. Interesting H back guy, especially down on the goaline.   

Edited by MrEpsYtown

13 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

One thing about Gilliam, and I can’t find where I saw it, but he apparently has a ridiculous wingspan, which is one if the reasons he had so many blocked kicks in college. Interesting H back guy, especially down on the goaline.   

Couple workout videos out there for him. Moves really well for a bigger dude. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

Heavy dose of Lee Smith Sunday? 😳

Why, If Knox is back which most normal type concussions, you're back by the following game, why would it change anything from last week?

17 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Guess Gilliam is dating her now 😜

You know that really would be funny. Not a bad move by her.

Though have to say, seemed like ever since it was made public that Croom was dating the bosses daughter, his playing time decreased.  Last year was on IR, though seemed like the move was made more for numbers than he was really hurt.  From what I recall he was playing last year late in the pre-season, then all of a sudden he's on IR.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch