Croom released from Practice Squad

Chandler#81

24 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

In the two years that Croom was on the active roster, he did come up with some big catches. I might actually say that he was more consistent than Dawson has been. Let’s see how this goes....

Here comes the money, money, money…

We started 2018 tied but Croom ended up edging me out by 22 career catches.

Croom was consistently unavailable. 

• Haha (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

So he is getting signed to the active roster and knox is going to IR for concussion ?

As of this moment, Knox is still listed on the 53 man roster and there is an article on the official web site stating Croom was released from the PS with no mention of elevating him to the 53 man roster.  Becker is not listed on either the 53 man roster or the PS.  I imagine Kroft will be targeted a couple times on Sunday and probably Gilliam.  I think that unless Knox makes a quick recovery, Lee Smith will be active in his place. 

Gilliam is certainly an interesting player.  He's really too short to be a typical tight end at at 6 feet even.  Still, he's a fairly stout 244 lbs at that height, and pretty athletic.  I don't think I'd plan on him being much of an inline blocker, but you could probably move him around a lot.  The lack of height may make contested catches a bit more of a challenge, but he'll get open more than Lee Smith ever will.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, TigerJ said:

As of this moment, Knox is still listed on the 53 man roster and there is an article on the official web site stating Croom was released from the PS with no mention of elevating him to the 53 man roster.  Becker is not listed on either the 53 man roster or the PS.  I imagine Kroft will be targeted a couple times on Sunday and probably Gilliam.  I think that unless Knox makes a quick recovery, Lee Smith will be active in his place. 

Gilliam is certainly an interesting player.  He's really too short to be a typical tight end at at 6 feet even.  Still, he's a fairly stout 244 lbs at that height, and pretty athletic.  I don't think I'd plan on him being much of an inline blocker, but you could probably move him around a lot.  The lack of height may make contested catches a bit more of a challenge, but he'll get open more than Lee Smith ever will.

Yep. He is an H-back. He isn't going to be a guy you keep in to block.

10 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

H back type....

11 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

They're not putting Knox on IR and keeping him out 3 weeks with a concussion.