Not expecting to see Edmunds or Milano this week

Rubes

If I were to guess, I would say that Edmunds will play and Milano will sit.  I also think the Bills might play Dodson at WLB.  I don't think Buffalo would move Edmunds outside because Edmunds has grown comfortable at the MLB spot and anything else would be out of position for him now.  He knows and makes all the calls and he's a leader.  Dodson did well, but he wasn't perfect last week in the middle.  He's not quite as fast as Edmunds, but he's no slouch.  He's run 4.63 and he has plenty of quickness.  Klein has more experience, but Dodson is much more athletic at WLB.

9 hours ago, Rubes said:

Our defense was clearly weakened by the losses of Edmunds and Milano. Those two are essential and we don't have backups that can do what they do. We had no answer to Fitz (Fitz!) and the Dolphins attack, although at least part of that was probably due to heat and exhaustion. Nevertheless, we need those two back badly.

Not this week, though. I don't expect to see either of them on the field against the Rams. It's possible Edmunds dresses, but I don't expect to see him play unless needed. Why?

- Non-conference game, doesn't mean much (despite old prior threads)

- Still in first place even if we lose

- Still undefeated in the division and conference even if we lose

- Brutal stretch of 5 consecutive AFC games coming up after (Raiders, Titans, Chiefs, Jets, Patriots)

- Need them as healthy as possible for those five games, the AFC is at stake

Unless they're both near 100%, give them time to rest and heal up. We're gonna need them much more in a couple of weeks.

That's a good point, winning this week could hurt us down the road in the playoff chase.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Rubes said:

Our defense was clearly weakened by the losses of Edmunds and Milano. Those two are essential and we don't have backups that can do what they do. We had no answer to Fitz (Fitz!) and the Dolphins attack, although at least part of that was probably due to heat and exhaustion. Nevertheless, we need those two back badly.

Not this week, though. I don't expect to see either of them on the field against the Rams. It's possible Edmunds dresses, but I don't expect to see him play unless needed. Why?

- Brutal stretch of 5 consecutive AFC games coming up after (Raiders, Titans, Chiefs, Jets, Patriots)

Unless they're both near 100%, give them time to rest and heal up. We're gonna need them much more in a couple of weeks.

That’s a misnomber as common opponents is another important tie breaker.  You’re not alone as a lot of people say well, make sure you win you’re AFC games, but in some scenarios, common opponents can be a big factor.

10 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Again, we are forgetting that we have an Offense (or at least seem to).

Week 1 we ran Josh.

Week 2, big change, we slung it deep.

Week 3... Another big change. Establish the run with our RBs. Let our badass OL get to mauling. Control that clock and limit Rams possessions. Put the onus on the Offense again and let our LBs heal completely.

???

I think we know who the best pass blocking OL members are but who are best run blockers?

The Bills can go with OL who can run block but need to have OL active who can pass block if defense is over matched and Bills need throw more to get back in game.

11 hours ago, Rubes said:

Why wouldn't he be needed every week?

The hamstring injury studies I’ve read  conclude Milano will miss 2-3 games. For Tremaine most of the things I’ve read on AC joint sprains, dislocations is 4-12 weeks. 

Obviously we don’t know the specifics: MRI, severity or specific location, anatomy involved of either players injury, so this is all speculation. 

I’ve read a good bit on both injury types and sports science is certain on one thing - if a player rushes back the re-injury risk goes up by multiples. 

Brilliant idea, let's just rest all starters who have so much as stubbed toe for all non-conference games.  Better to bank on tiebreakers than the foolish notion of just having more wins than everyone else.  Tanking a couple games gives us that all important strength of schedule by boosting the records of our opponents. 

4am grumpiness over.

13 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Dodson was playing Edmunds role. That was my issue with the defense IMO. Milano makes a huge difference in this defense. He’s the best LB we have. If Milano is out again, our best bet is to play Dodson as the MLB and Edmunds outside. I want the guy that can run better to play WLB. That’s why it aggravated me to see Klein play Milanos role. They should have switched the 2 against Miami.

Dodson should have played as the Will against Miami, I agree. I'd play him as the Will against LA too unless Milano is healthy. Hopefully with Edmunds back at Mike.

7 hours ago, Codyny13 said:

Winning a game will hurt us. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Now I’ve heard it all

It is an in joke. There was a thread on it here a few years back.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Rubes said:

I see what you’re saying but at the end of the year, we’re always counting wins/games/common opponents/etc trying to either get into the playoffs or to get a better seed. 

I just don’t think we have the luxury of NOT going 100% for any game.

If they’re available, they play IMO

18 hours ago, Rubes said:

Why hold them out because it's the Dolphins, but not the Rams? Dolphins game is far more important (divisional game and AFC game).

Because the Dolphins game should have been easily winnable without them, and because it would have been rushing them back.  I think most people expect the Rams to be a much tougher test.

My gut says Edmunds plays this week, but Milano may sit for 1 more week.

9 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

The hamstring injury studies I’ve read  conclude Milano will miss 2-3 games. For Tremaine most of the things I’ve read on AC joint sprains, dislocations is 4-12 weeks. 

Obviously we don’t know the specifics: MRI, severity or specific location, anatomy involved of either players injury, so this is all speculation. 

I’ve read a good bit on both injury types and sports science is certain on one thing - if a player rushes back the re-injury risk goes up by multiples. 

This is ridiculous since they never mentioned the AC joint and if it was 3+ weeks they would have IRd him to get the additional body.  It is not like years passed where IR was 6 weeks minimum and you could only bring back 2.

I expect Edmunds back probably this week as he was practicing last week with the Red jersey.

Milano - the Bills tend to go more cautious- my guess is he could play this week, but they will try to let him sit one more week.  They already saw Norman re-aggravate his Hamstring and cost him additional weeks .

14 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

We should definitely keep them out. Winning an out of conference game will undoubted hurt us in any future tie breaking scenarios. 

No doubt, great point!  We cannot lose sight of this.

Edited by ricojes