Not expecting to see Edmunds or Milano this week

Rubes

1 minute ago, Lv-Bills said:

Wins are needed.  If they can play, they need to play.  A.J. Klein is god awful.  He basically just dances around in small circles every play.  This is clearly one of the only areas that we couldn't afford this to happen to.  We'll get through it, but man, there has to be better options out there than Klein.

I agree; get them in there the moment they can go.

I wouldn't be surprised if neither plays though, simply because they are not ready.

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

Our defense was clearly weakened by the losses of Edmunds and Milano. Those two are essential and we don't have backups that can do what they do. We had no answer to Fitz (Fitz!) and the Dolphins attack, although at least part of that was probably due to heat and exhaustion. Nevertheless, we need those two back badly.

Not this week, though. I don't expect to see either of them on the field against the Rams. It's possible Edmunds dresses, but I don't expect to see him play unless needed. Why?

- Non-conference game, doesn't mean much (despite old prior threads)

- Still in first place even if we lose

- Still undefeated in the division and conference even if we lose

- Brutal stretch of 5 consecutive AFC games coming up after (Raiders, Titans, Chiefs, Jets, Patriots)

- Need them as healthy as possible for those five games, the AFC is at stake

Unless they're both near 100%, give them time to rest and heal up. We're gonna need them much more in a couple of weeks.

I don't like it but you do have logic on your side.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd be surprised if Milano plays this week. He wasn't even out there when they practiced at all last week. Edmunds did have a couple of days doing individuals and then they decided it wasn't right and sat him down again at the end of the week. I'd expect the same pattern, ie. Edmunds in a red non-contact jersey doing positional drills only Wednesday and Thursday and then a decision Friday either to incorporate him in team drills - which would trend towards him playing; or to sit him down which would trend towards him missing out again.

Finally some words of wisdom based on strong analytics, instead of idle conjecture based on some non-existent tea leaves.

8 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

Is this one of those NFC games don't matter threads?

No no no, the OP cleared all that up right out of the gate. 

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I almost made this joke in my first post but wasnt sure how many folks are still around to get it. :thumbsup:

Yeah, that's what I was referring to in that statement about prior threads. Didn't know if anyone would get it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

Our defense was clearly weakened by the losses of Edmunds and Milano. Those two are essential and we don't have backups that can do what they do. We had no answer to Fitz (Fitz!) and the Dolphins attack, although at least part of that was probably due to heat and exhaustion. Nevertheless, we need those two back badly.

Not this week, though. I don't expect to see either of them on the field against the Rams. It's possible Edmunds dresses, but I don't expect to see him play unless needed. Why?

- Brutal stretch of 5 consecutive AFC games coming up after (Raiders, Titans, Chiefs, Jets, Patriots)

Unless they're both near 100%, give them time to rest and heal up. We're gonna need them much more in a couple of weeks.

The best tie breaker is wins......don't care if against AFC, NFC or MAC.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

Our defense did crap the bed against the Fins. No sugar-coating getting over 300 yards hung on you by Fitz and their offense and also blowing the lead.

I have noticed that when our defense has taken heat for a poor performance they usually bounce back with a strong game so we will see if they come out looking for some redemption.

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Edmunds ability to eat up space in the middle of the field, even on play action, cannot be understated. It is essential to our defense. 

It was clearly noticeable last week, his range is amazing and it showed without him in the lineup.