Not expecting to see Edmunds or Milano this week

Rubes

21 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

You need to stack wins in any way, shape or form.  If they're healthy enough to play, they'll play.

Agreed. This is McDermott's style. Remember last year in the ensuing week after Josh was knocked out against the Pats? Some of us thought they would hold him out a week. Others thought he would play as soon as he cleared protocol. He cleared and he played. If Edmunds and Milano can get in some practice work, and McDermott likes what he sees, then you can bet your **s they will be on the field this Sunday. 

• Like (+1) 1

I do generally agree that the Bills should be more cautious in brining back Edumonds and Milano due to it being a non-conference game. However I am not so sure that these injuries are that serious. Considering the 3 week IR minimum, why not just IR Edumonds and Milano if the injury is a 3 week recovery? I think there is a 50/50 chance that each of them play.

Again, we are forgetting that we have an Offense (or at least seem to).

Week 1 we ran Josh.

Week 2, big change, we slung it deep.

Week 3... Another big change. Establish the run with our RBs. Let our badass OL get to mauling. Control that clock and limit Rams possessions. Put the onus on the Offense again and let our LBs heal completely.

???

26 minutes ago, MJS said:

I think that's dumb. Every game is absolutely crucial. They'll play if they are healthy, if not they won't. Simple as that.

My guess is Edmunds will play and Milano won't. They don't like to rush guys back from hamstring injuries.

Yeah, I don't think coaches really think about the other stuff.  If they're healthy, they will play - every game matters.  This isn't baseball.

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, MJS said:

I think that's dumb. Every game is absolutely crucial. They'll play if they are healthy, if not they won't. Simple as that.

My guess is Edmunds will play and Milano won't. They don't like to rush guys back from hamstring injuries.

Every game is crucial!!! End thread 

• Like (+1) 2

If Edmunds can go without risk of further injury then he plays like any other player.  Same is true for Milano but the bills are super conservative with hamstrings.  I don’t think the opponent has much influence either way.  It is true non conference games mean the least for tie breakers but winning any game is always important.   You might need this game to just be in a tie breaker. 

Edited by mattynh

25 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Don't you know beating NFC teams hurts you for the playoffs?

:rolleyes:

It definitely does but not as much as in the past.  The division is in play and divisional tie breakers hit common opponents rather than AFC/NFC,. The Pats will also play the Rams so a win helps us in a divisional tie breaker.  It would hurt in a wild card tiebreaker but there is an extra wild card team this year.  It is very early in the season but my guess is W/L is a break even scenario in a tie breaker or that a win might even be better.  

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Milano is more likely to sit than Edmunds. That said, if Milano was really that bad, they would have placed him on IR. The fact that they haven't speaks volumes. So too does the fact that they have no looked at any other LB options. 

I think this is how I am leaning...with the shortened window for IR even more so.

Wins are needed.  If they can play, they need to play.  A.J. Klein is god awful.  He basically just dances around in small circles every play.  This is clearly one of the only areas that we couldn't afford this to happen to.  We'll get through it, but man, there has to be better options out there than Klein.

Edited by Lv-Bills