How much brown-nosing do you do at work (if any)?

Another Fan

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Nope, CEO wouldn’t let her go. Said she was more important in the current national position.  They have a call set for 6:30 tonight. Should be interesting! 

What the CEO doesn’t know is her previous employer of 18 years has reached out to my wife about a position opening up next spring, conveniently after the February bonuses. Having options is nice. 

It reminds me of when a team won’t let a coach talk to another team about a lateral (or in this case backward) move they are allowed to block, but it’s frowned upon. Bad form. She likes the bigger job, but they won’t give her the resources to “win”. She could feel like she’s winning more in the regional job. Problem is, nobody can “win” in the national job they way it is now. She’s the best option and has got some leverage they are aware, and an option about which they are unaware. 

Well, then she's in the catbird seat. Good for her. Hope it works out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Dean said:

A classic ad.

I always wonder if ad teams know at the time that they've absolutely crushed it.  Do they run around the conference room high-fiving like Barry Bonds watching a HR ball fly into the Bay?   Or do they never really know until the public reacts?

Or do they just go to the bar, get drunk and hook up with some random hottie either way, like Don Draper?

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

I always wonder if ad teams know at the time that they've absolutely crushed it.  Do they run around the conference room high-fiving like Barry Bonds watching a HR ball fly into the Bay?   Or do they never really know until the public reacts?

Or do they just go to the bar, get drunk and hook up with some random hottie either way, like Don Draper?

Assuming they test their ads with audiences, they might have some idea. But judging by some of the ads on the air, I'm guessing they don't always do that much research. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I can't brown nose.  It's just not in my character.  It has probably cost me a promotion or two. We'll that and the neck tattoos.  I've seen fairly incompetent peers pass me by based on the simple fact that he brown nosed with the owners and I just have no interest in that kind of relationship with anyone near that capacity.  I used to think my work would speak for itself.  That only goes so far.  These egomaniacs need to be stroked and affirmed.  Can't do it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1