How much brown-nosing do you do at work (if any)?

Another Fan

23 hours ago, Irv said:

I just turned 55 and never did it.  That hurt my career.  I warn kids working for me that it might be necessary as their careers progress. 

Never did it and never got promoted with the company pushing 10 years now

At the end of the day though I’d rather be my own man 

While usually being one of the funny guys in the office, I'm also known as the one to cut through the BS and speak the truth, even if it's hard for some people to hear.

Just the other day, I had to play hardball with our Mayor.  (long story.)

I work in Engineering for local gov't, here on the Top of the South Island, and had a couple issues with the Mayor in Nelson.  (She went around my back to talk with my manager, without my consent.)

Anyway, at the beginning of the meeting, I was sure I was going to get kicked out of her office... at the end of the meeting, she said she wanted me to come back to work for her organization because they needed more staff that speak the truth.

I'm like many that already posted.  Prolly should have, but didn't or don't.  Now I'm a bit of the opposite.  I'll step forward and speak up / be honest.  What's the worst thing that could happen?  Get laid off for the 4th time in my career?  Right now they need me more than I need them.

These days, the only living thing I can brown nose is my cat, as I'm working alone from home.    And he respects my work, since he won't get fed if he doesn't.

As to people on the other end of the email or phone--nothing's changed.   I'm the point-of-contact expert for what I do.   And I don't have to play games or BN to get things done...