Starting Field Position - Dolphins game

MClem06

We started drives from 1,3,6,16,19,25,25,29 yard lines this past game.  The Dolphins were pinning us deep and not allowing Roberts to touch the ball on returns.  I wanted to point out that the fish had a great special teams day but that usually meant a terrible day for the Bills in the past decade or two.   The stat I'm most proud of are the long drives and control of the ball not to mention the ability to convert on 3rd down and short.   If I'm not mistaken we only had one or two third and longs which is another huge improvement from the past, 3rd and 10, 3rd and 12, 3rd and 16 we're always thinking as fans here we go again.  I'm so excited to shut these idiots on ESPN (STEVEN SMITH) up when they bring up we haven't played anyone good yet.     BRING IT ON RAMS LETS GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, MClem06 said:

We started drives from 1,3,6,16,19,25,25,29 yard lines this past game.  The Dolphins were pinning us deep and not allowing Roberts to touch the ball on returns.  I wanted to point out that the fish had a great special teams day but that usually meant a terrible day for the Bills in the past decade or two.   The stat I'm most proud of are the long drives and control of the ball not to mention the ability to convert on 3rd down and short.   If I'm not mistaken we only had one or two third and longs which is another huge improvement from the past, 3rd and 10, 3rd and 12, 3rd and 16 we're always thinking as fans here we go again.  I'm so excited to shut these idiots on ESPN (STEVEN SMITH) up when they bring up we haven't played anyone good yet.     BRING IT ON RAMS LETS GO BILLS!!!

But the same clowns were anointing Lamar Jackson "King" when he threw for 325 and 5 TD's during week 1 last year against the Dolphins. I just laugh at all of these donkeys at this point. It's quite obvious what many of the varying motivations are for each of the individuals involved, but it doesn't matter either way. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

their punter is phenomenal. 

Bojo was Bojo. 

Agree - Bojo was fine.  2 within the 20, 1 FC and 1 out of bounds.  1 was shorter, but that was before half so i think that was a high shorty to limit the potential of a return.  One was a bit longer and had a bit of a return.  There wasnt anything that was like, noticeably bad.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Agree - Bojo was fine.  2 within the 20, 1 FC and 1 out of bounds.  1 was shorter, but that was before half so i think that was a high shorty to limit the potential of a return.  One was a bit longer and had a bit of a return.  There wasnt anything that was like, noticeably bad.

that one from Bills end that only made it to phins 45 was disappointing

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Their punter was really good. I said in the game thread I would offer them a future 5th for him and see if they bite. Bojo sucks.

This. He is so inconsistent and, generally, lousy. He’ll have one big punt with eight or nine line drives all around it. Terrible. 

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

To me, that is the appropriate standard for him.  All I want him to do is be "not noticeably bad", and avoid huge blunders, like shanks, line drives, blocks, and not catching the ball.

On a related note, he already made what I consider to be one big blunder in game 1-- when he held the ball for Bass with the laces in on Bass's second missed FG. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

that one from Bills end that only made it to phins 45 was disappointing

Pretty sure the snap hit the ground if its the one out of our endzone not the easiest punt. Bojo was actually fine against the fins but I would love to find an elite punter somewhere down the line

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Reggie Roby was an amazing punter, began his career with Miami.  Had a short approach and an incredible extension of his kicking leg.

image.jpeg

just looking at that hurts my back... I always used to wonder how he avoided kneeing his face mask 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Reggie Roby was an amazing punter, began his career with Miami.  Had a short approach and an incredible extension of his kicking leg.

image.jpeg

I literally just tore all of my ass muscles looking at this pic

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

image.jpeg

Roby made damn sure a lot of punt returners didn’t get an inch to run IF they caught his punts. I’ve never seen a punter with better hang time

• Like (+1) 1