Zay Jones sighting!!!

eball

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

speaking of Zay 

Also Richie ,  the Raider tradition is back with Chucky , and they looked darned good last night  against a good team.

Edited by ALF
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

speaking of Zay 

Booker has 4 targets, 4 receptions, 7.3 Y/R.  Agholor 2 targets, 2 receptions and Zay Jones 1 target, 1 reception.

Carr passed 68 times in its first 2 games: 7 targets between the 3 of them.  These "prominent role" dudes got 10% (7) of the targets, and the other guys (who aren't prominent?) got the other 90% of the targets (61).  That is kind of an odd definition of "prominent role".

• Like (+1) 1

I thought the Zay Jones pick was such a slam dunk at the time. I thought at worst he would develop into what Beasley is now which is a solid upper end slot receiver. Sadly he had a lot of issues here and I think that the team put him in over his head once they traded Sammy right before his rookie season and not having much help in 2018. I hope he does at least have a few more years in the league, it just was the wrong place at the wrong time for Zay. 

Strange how it just doesn't click for some guys. By all accounts, Zay is a hard-working dude that does his best to improve everyday. Very productive college career and led the Bills in receiving in 2018. But now he's kinda been forgotten, even in Vegas he's like the 5th option behind Ruggs, Agholor, Renfrow, and Waller. 

11 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

I was happy to see him make that catch too! One of this regime's few blown picks, but glad he's still in the league.

He came up the other day so I looked at the Raiders roster and saw he was still there.  He didn’t make the two-deep depth chart so I figured at best he was WR5 and he had zero targets in Week 1.  Yesterday the Raiders seemed to play everyone.

I was at the Miami game on Sunday and thought about Zay Jones in comparison to Diggs.  My 2 favorite catches from Diggs on Sunday, were the contested catch around midfield in the 2nd QTR where he went up to make the make catch between 2 defenders, and the sideline grab in the Bills last scoring drive.  

One of the last games I attended live before that, was home loss to NE last year.   There were 2 Allen INTs in that game where Zay Jones had a chance to make a great catch, and not only didn't make the catch, but also allowed the INT.   

Both of the Diggs catches noted above looked like possible INTs when the ball was in the air, and actually became completions.   It's great to have Diggs on the team.  And glad the Bills management admitted their mistake with Zay and moved on. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ColeB said:

He came up the other day so I looked at the Raiders roster and saw he was still there.  He didn’t make the two-deep depth chart so I figured at best he was WR5 and he had zero targets in Week 1.  Yesterday the Raiders seemed to play everyone.

You should update your avatar.  This year's haircut much cooler.
https://www.buffalobills.com/team/players-roster/cole-beasley/

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Reks Ryan said:

I was at the Miami game on Sunday and thought about Zay Jones in comparison to Diggs.  My 2 favorite catches from Diggs on Sunday, were the contested catch around midfield in the 2nd QTR where he went up to make the make catch between 2 defenders, and the sideline grab in the Bills last scoring drive.  

One of the last games I attended live before that, was home loss to NE last year.   There were 2 Allen INTs in that game where Zay Jones had a chance to make a great catch, and not only didn't make the catch, but also allowed the INT.   

Both of the Diggs catches noted above looked like possible INTs when the ball was in the air, and actually became completions.   It's great to have Diggs on the team.  And glad the Bills management admitted their mistake with Zay and moved on. 

Yeah, Zay couldn't make those catches if he was playing himself in Madden.  

• Haha (+1) 1