Vikings fans already bemoaning the trade

Thunderstruck

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They should bemoaning their dork of a qb who they pay $40 million to for not being about to elevate his wrs.  Dude is such a fraud.  

and it was a win win.  Diggs wasn’t happy there and they got great value for him.  Obviously, it’s huge for us.  I guess it depends how good Jefferson will be.

but crying about stuff two games into a season is just dumb. 

Yep. If I was a Minnesota fan, I would be far more upset with the lack of return on their ridiculous investment in Cousins...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

That comment section didn’t age well. 

I couldn't resist I had to pile on Rocko:  Rocko: Stick to your day job. What did the Vikings end up with? A mediocre rookie WR, 3 picks in 2021 who contribute nothing this season & a 7th rounder on IR. Vikings 0-2 & Cousins looks horrible without Diggs. Meanwhile genius Beane and the Bills are 2-0 & Josh Allen looks like the NFL's MVP with Diggs as his #1 WR.

5 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2020/09/21/diggs-just-had-more-receiving-yards-than-cousins-had-passing-yards/

The short article is a delicious blend of salt and sarcasm. I like it.

Too bad many were thrilled the team got a #1 for Diggs, said he was going to be a headache and that he was not a true WR1

2 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I’m not saying that the WRs drafted in the 1st-2nd round will be garbage, in many respects I still think this was a really strong draft class... however, how long will it take them to click? Allen, Daboll and McD are in a pivotal year.. we cannot wait 2 or 3 years for them to develop.... our window is now.

Exactly.  This is the move a GM makes when he knows the future is now.  The Bills have a two-year window with Josh still on his rookie deal.  After that, things get complicated...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Purplebulldog said:

This could be bigger than the Bennett trade in 1987

That’s an interesting angle. The Bennett trade changed the balance of power in the AFCE. It’s not far fetched, at least so far, to suggest the trade for Diggs might do the same. 

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Augie said:

The one contested ball Josh threw that was TAKEN by Diggs probably would have been a pick in the past. That one play said it ALL. 

Exactly right. I can't wait to see if Davis can show that ability to win contested catches. He certainly looked to be that guy in the training camp video.

But you NEED these types of receivers in the NFL today, and it's great to FINALLY have one.

• Like (+1) 1

Did not see this Syracuse article earlier this year and maybe its in the TBD archived articles, but a lot of great insight and comments from Beane about bringing in Diggs and why he gave up what he did to swing the deal.

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/04/buffalo-bills-trade-for-stefon-diggs-among-10-worst-moves-of-offseason-says-cbs-sports.html

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Yep. If I was a Minnesota fan, I would be far more upset with the lack of return on their ridiculous investment in Cousins...

He did throw that playoff td pass to Rudolph that somehow wasn’t called offensive PI.  Compare that push off to several OPIs called this year.  Ridiculous imo.   

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Yep, but you know why it is. The Bills haven’t been good for a long time so anything they do will not work out. It’s easy to say that. It neglects to consider everything we know about Beane and McDermott over the past 3+ years and what they have been building. Give it a few good wins over the Rams and Chiefs and everyone will want to join the Wagon. 
Diggs is amazing, Maybe it was the white gloves he had on Sunday, but his hands are huge. It’s no wonder he can make the plays he can. 

That WAGON is filling up fast already.....wins against Rams and the wheels will be flattening out .... good lord they win against the Chefs and the city will be burned down and the tires will outright explode!!!

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Yes it’s early, but I’ll take Diggs over any receiver we could of picked in the draft. 

Any WR drafted can only hope to be this good.

Diggs is elite in every way.

5 hours ago, Clyde Smith said:

Diggs is like Iverson in cleats. A lot of broke ankles in his path.

Breaking some hearts too

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Loved it when it happened and it has already exceeded my expectations.

What a great feeling knowing a GM is going to make that call and be willing to pull the trigger

GMs are gunna stop picking up Beanes calls LOL! Im kidding but now that I think about it they'd be smart to.

In revisiting what Buffalo gave up and Minnesota received in exchange for Diggs it actually looks worse for the Vikings now than just the production the Bills are getting.

The first turned out to be Justin Jefferson who, it's very early, has 5 catches for 70 yards through two games. They traded the 5th round pick (which Buffalo got for Wyatt Teller) for '21 4th round pick and traded the lower of Buffalo's two 6th round picks (also acquired for Teller) to Baltimore for #225 in the 7th which they used on Kenny Willekes who is spending the year on IR and a 5th in '21. So basically they got nothing out of it this year except potential in Jefferson and a couple of late picks next year they hope they can hit on for depth.

• Like (+1) 1