Vikings fans already bemoaning the trade

Thunderstruck

55 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Diggs was 5-star recruit coming out of high school. He went to maryland to stay close to home, got injured a bit in his junior year, and had a terrible qb throwing to him his senior year. That’s why he was overlooked, but the talent was always there.

Yea, I think we have discussed this before Dave, but he was never even on my radar coming out. The first time I saw him play was, I think, Detroit in his rookie year and I was immediately like "who is THAT?" He stood out immediately as the best player on the field. Even Darius Slay who I have referred to as the most under the radar elite player in the NFL couldn't cover him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Diggs was 5-star recruit coming out of high school. He went to maryland to stay close to home, got injured a bit in his junior year, and had a terrible qb throwing to him his senior year. That’s why he was overlooked, but the talent was always there.

Yep I remember Notre Dame had an offer on him and fans were all over his message board trying to get him to leave state. Happens with a lot of these young kids that have close family ties. Ruins alot of their chances for success on the field, but if the talent is there will usually find a way.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Back when the trade was announced I was elated.

I couldn't billieve they traded him and thought they had made a huge mistake.

The Bills were never going to get someone that good and game ready in the draft and he is only 26 with 4 years on his deal.

Dont put to much hope on the 4 year bit.......

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

I was very happy we acquired him, but wasn't sure at the time that whether he is elite level talent. Part of that is probably me being guilty of looking for the prototypical size / speed that we think an elite level talent has to have. I guess that way of thinking is how guys like Diggs and A. Brown get overlooked in the draft.

This guy is quick and precise in his routes and tough as hell. I love watching him play.

He is tough, and he is paying a price in pain on some of those receptions.  He WANTS to win and be the best receiver around.  DESIRE is the word here.

I love how they say "inaccurate Josh Allen" but then DON'T say his completion percentage is. COWARDS. I've wanted Diggs for years fantastic trade...  And everything coming for the sidelines just make me think that more and more.   Brown saying feed #14....  Diggs getting on the headset saying Do this to get the ball to Brown...   LOVE IT.

6 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

When are people gonna learn to quit doing this crap.... I remember last year and Dallas fans totally slammed Beasley for ruining his career by heading to Buffalo and then he promptly has a career year and they watch him from home as he's in the playoffs. Same deal all summer with diggs. Silliness 

Yep, but you know why that is. The Bills haven’t been good for a long time, so some people think anything they do will not work out. It’s easy to say that. It neglects to consider everything we know about Beane and McDermott over the past 3+ years and what they have been building. Give it a few good wins over the Rams and Chiefs and everyone will want to join the Wagon. 
Diggs is amazing, Maybe it was the white gloves he had on Sunday, but his hands are huge. It’s no wonder he can make the plays he can. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

3 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Yes it’s early, but I’ll take Diggs over any receiver we could of picked in the draft. 

Same here. No receiver in the draft was bringing Diggs well respected veteran presence into the locker room. He’s added a whole new competitive drive/spirit to the offense. Not that they didn’t have it before, he’s just bringing it to another level. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Ray Finkel said:

BEANE!

Guy is a magician. Looking at his drafts, the trade for Diggs.

Moss and Davis so far this season. Oliver, Ford, Singletary, Knox, Allen, Edmunds, Phillips. Building that O line. 

Beane, best GM since Polian. This scouting dept, S&C staff are looking as good or better that, what the Bills had in the late 80's, early 90's. The Bills went down to Florida in that heat, 86 degrees, 76% humidity and out played the Dolphins all across the board. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Yes it’s early, but I’ll take Diggs over any receiver we could of picked in the draft. 

The one contested ball Josh threw that was TAKEN by Diggs probably would have been a pick in the past. That one play said it ALL. 

Taking a WR in the draft is a total crap shoot. I was happy with the trade, and now I’m THRILLED with the trade. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

In the 1st 2 games you can easily see how Diggs and Hopkins pull coverage towards them opening up other players. 

..and if a team doesn't don't provide extra help, they make plays against single coverage (hence why they pull that extra help). If Diggs is in single coverage (hell, sometimes double) he's got a good chance of still coming up with the ball. Amazing receiver. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1